Transferring music from MacBook to a friend’s iPhone ?
Hi there, does anyone out there in the Macinterweb know exactly how I can download some of the music from my MacBook Pro (in my iTunes thingy), to a friend’s iPhone?
Just to complicate matters, I have an iPhone 3Gs too - which I can synch & download music into quite simply, but I havn’t tried it with another iPhone.
If anyone could answer this query in a step-by-step manner, without all the geekspeaky jargon, it would be greatly appreciated by this semi-luddite…
“Keep the round black bits a-rollin’ on the ground”
There isn’t a simple step-by-step process for doing this using Apple-approved software. Syncing with a different computer’s iTunes library requires you to remove existing media from the iPhone first. It works this way as a concession to the music and movie industries, to make it harder to copy music you don’t own.[ Edited: 26 April 2010 03:27 PM by David Nelson ]
Connect your phone to iTunes and do the following:[ Edited: 14 August 2014 11:24 PM by XavierYozgat ]
1. On the summary tab of your iTunes sync settings check “Sync only checked songs and videos”
2. In your music library check all the songs you want to sync to your phone
3. Make sure there are no exclamation points next to any of the songs you want to sync to your phone
4. Make sure you have authorized your computer for all Apple IDs for purchased music you want to sync to your phone (in Store>Authorize This Computer)
5. Check “Sync Music” on the Music tab of your iTunes sync settings
6. Sync your phone
You may follow this guide to get it done: How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone