Spotify marginalizes iTunes?

• Posted: 28 April 2010 06:50 AM

Spotify has a killer update (perhaps not in the US?).

What you gain - existing Spotify music streaming, plus wireless sync of your (iTunes) music to your iPhone, plus integration with Facebook.

I never understood how the labels agreed to let Spotify start, and they are certainly moving forward.

It will be interesting to see if Apple regards this as modifying the iPhone “core experience” and throws Spotify off iPhone!

Posted: 28 April 2010 07:12 AM #1

I downloaded it yesterday. It looks really good. Almost good enough to make me return to Facebook (in a limited capacity). I have a feeling this might make Apple get on and launch a subscription service. Spotify doesn’t exactly modify iTunes, it enhances it.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 28 April 2010 04:02 PM #2

wheeles - 28 April 2010 10:12 AM

... Almost good enough to make me return to Facebook (in a limited capacity) ...

Curious why you’ve left Facebook.  Facebook has 400 million users and is expected to replace Google as the most important company on the web.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs