Why The iPhone Is Better Than Andriod

Posted: 05 September 2010 07:47 PM #46

Still in the Vegas store.  The place is packed.

Android is doing well.  In fact many of my Verizon friends and family are really loving their new Droid phones.  They wanted an iPhone but settled for the Droid due to Verizon.  I think Apple is losing money by not being on Verizon and Google is making healthy gains this arena.

Apple is selling a tone of iPhones and internationally is where the growth will happen, They can afford to lose out to the Droid for a couple of more years.  Never the less I think WS thinks that the Droid will limit the iPhone growth and thus our stock is in the gutter.

• Posted: 05 September 2010 07:53 PM #47

Now are you sure they just settled for the Droid or maybe they found it was just a great phone. It would be nice to see Android phones have commercials like Apple does and then see the storm of people run to the stores. I have to admit Apple is doing a good job on Marketing there product. Almost like MacDonalds does.

Posted: 05 September 2010 08:12 PM #48

Lets not forget that the Droid, Droid x and HTC Evo are experiencing problems,  but the media is not pouncing on them.

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:13 PM #49

Big B - 05 September 2010 10:46 PM

Would you care to explain the look and feel of the Samsung Tab then? It is based on Android and yet it has ?a page full of squares? for it?s home screen.

For me I use Launcherpro and I also use the stock HTC Sense both use UI not to say that is the best in the world or nothing but it gives you something more than a page full of apps. And yes I also have 2 pages full of apps. I am just saying that at least you can make your phone your own.

For me I guess what makes the Iphone so much better than say the HTC Desire with Android 2.2 ??

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I was asking that if Apple’s way of doing it is so bad then how come Samsung have taken Android and presented it on the Tab in exactly the same way that the iPad has. they haven’t even stolen the iPhone 4 metaphor but have quite blatantly stolen the look and feel of the iPad for their promotional images. The rub unfortunately with the tab is that they can’t seem to copy the most important thing of the iPad - the price. So you can buy the real thing for $499 or spend upwards of $1k for a cheap plastic copy.

Signature

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:22 PM #50

well rattyuk I am not saying Apples lay out is bad just seems like they could do more. As for the Samsung have not played with that yet. But cant say they Stole something from Apple since we are not saying Apple stole multi tasking for the Iphone 4. I am sure if the Samsung is running Android you can change the layout.Like I said before I believe and my opinion is that Apple AND Android are great phones I believe at the top of the food chain but I think we should remember that they both have there pros and cons and I guess it all depends on what a person wants to do with a phone. But I do not believe that Iphone is the Best phone out there…

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:22 PM #51

Big B - 05 September 2010 10:53 PM

Now are you sure they just settled for the Droid or maybe they found it was just a great phone. It would be nice to see Android phones have commercials like Apple does and then see the storm of people run to the stores. I have to admit Apple is doing a good job on Marketing there product. Almost like MacDonalds does.

You are making a very simple mistake. You are claiming that the iPhone’s success is purely marketing. This is wrong. The iPhone succeeded because before it appeared nothing else did what it did. Android at the time was aiming for a blackberry clone as that was the killer phone tat needed to be taken down. It wasn’t until the iPhone appeared that Android took on the look and feel of the game changer.

You are also making the mistake that people are buying the Android because of the features. This is also wrong. People are buying Android for many reasons. For example if you want an iPhone on Verizon you are out of luck, you probably buy an Android phone instead. If you want a cheap smart phone or want to get two phones for the price of one then you buy an Android. If you want to pay a cent for a smartphone and are prepared to accept a two year contract then you get an Android. If you want a 4G smartphone then you get and Android. All these are perfectly acceptable reasons for going with and Android phone.

BUT. And it is a big but. Do not think that the 200,000 activations a day are coming from the 4G Android phones. It is not. The 4G opening weekends have been less than 10% of the iPhone 4 opening weekends. You cannot take the argument that you have the best phones and you are selling more of them because they are the best phones when that is patently untrue.

There are many reasons why Apple has a great attach rate some of which include the fact that some people have years of App purchases that they want to go with or they want to keep their iPhone app purchases on their iPod Touch or their iPad. At the moment Android does not have that commitment.

It would be nice to see Android phones have commercials like Apple does

The competitors merely have to spend the money.

Signature

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:33 PM #52

You are also making the mistake that people are buying the Android because of the features. This is also wrong. People are buying Android for many reasons. For example if you want an iPhone on Verizon you are out of luck, you probably buy an Android phone instead. If you want a cheap smart phone or want to get two phones for the price of one then you buy an Android. If you want to pay a cent for a smartphone and are prepared to accept a two year contract then you get an Android. If you want a 4G smartphone then you get and Android. All these are perfectly acceptable reasons for going with and Android phone.

Oh Come on now lol. Ya that is the only reason why people get Android based phones just because the iphone is not supported on other networks. Here in Canada we do not have that problem and you are seeing a lot more Android phones. You can not buy a Desire on the Island and they get more than Iphone. Yes Iphone has been out longer and it is more of a name. But like I said it is so not the end all of phones not a chance lol. You will see in the years to come lol

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:38 PM #53

All the news I have seen or herd this quarter Android did better than Iphone and being to new kid on the block that is huge

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:47 PM #54

Big B - 05 September 2010 11:38 PM

All the news I have seen or herd this quarter Android did better than Iphone and being to new kid on the block that is huge

You have a lot to learn, not to mention elementary grammar and spelling.

• Posted: 05 September 2010 08:57 PM #55

Big B - 05 September 2010 11:33 PM

Oh Come on now lol. Ya that is the only reason why people get Android based phones just because the iphone is not supported on other networks. Here in Canada we do not have that problem and you are seeing a lot more Android phones. You can not buy a Desire on the Island and they get more than Iphone. Yes Iphone has been out longer and it is more of a name. But like I said it is so not the end all of phones not a chance lol. You will see in the years to come lol

I gave many reasons why people buy the Android. I was also pointing out that a good deal of these phones are being bought as non smartphone replacements. As much as the Fandroids would love to think that all the Androids which are shipping are the high end high margin phones this is simply not true. Also some of the more recent phones are getting apps preinstalled that cannot be removed - just like the low margin, low priced PCs back in the day.

Please tell me how you are finding Skype on your Android phone? Oh yes, you can’t run it because Verizon made it an exclusive app for them. So “open” is a relative term when it comes to Android.

Yes Iphone has been out longer and it is more of a name. But like I said it is so not the end all of phones not a chance lol. You will see in the years to come lol[

You are picking at the points but not the reasons or thought processes behind the points. Nobody said that the iPhone was the be all and end all of phones. But neither is the Android phone. Yes there will be more phones shipped with Android because there are more companies working on anything to ship against what Apple have set as the standard. At the moment Symbian has the largest market share. Android can take down Symbian but the vast majority of people who are buying iPhones are going to stick with them.

So I would suggest you went back and read what was written rather than attempt to score points with your scatterbrain approach - at the moment you are basically coming with the argument “I am right - you are all wrong” and not shifting that position or have ceded any of the points raised. I have better things to do with my Sunday evenings that engage in childish “my dick is bigger than your dick” conversations.

[ Edited: 05 September 2010 09:00 PM by John Molloy ]

Signature

• Posted: 05 September 2010 09:01 PM #56

rattyuk - 05 September 2010 11:57 PM

“my dick is bigger than your dick” conversations.

LOL.  Be careful, BigB might attempt to attach a pic…

• Posted: 05 September 2010 09:11 PM #57

Mercel - 06 September 2010 12:01 AM

LOL.  Be careful, BigB might attempt to attach a pic…

I seriously hope not. :D

Signature

• Posted: 05 September 2010 10:58 PM #58

Well rattyuk I am sure mine is.. Have a good Sunday smile

• Posted: 06 September 2010 12:57 AM #59

Read this for more ammunition as to why iPhone > Android here.

• Posted: 06 September 2010 01:19 AM #60

Ya well just type in Google : is Iphone better than Android :  you get a lot of good reviews. Anyways I am done on this one lol, had a good day getting some good and well bad feed back. I love my Desire you love your Iphone and it does not matter how much we Bitch about the other phone I think they are great phones. Half to give it to rattyuk he gave a good fight… Anyways have a good one smile