AAPL Bears Beware

• Posted: 10 May 2010 01:17 PM #16

DawnTreader - 09 May 2010 01:54 AM

AAPL Bears Beware. Hunting season is now open.

An excerpt from my latest posting at Eventide:

The recent sell off in AAPL only makes the share more attractive relative to the company’s current rates of growth and continuing growth potential.

It’s not so much about device sales as margin created from post-purchase monetization.

We’re now on page two. This is a reference to the original post and linked article.

Posted: 10 May 2010 01:43 PM #17

DawnTreader - 10 May 2010 04:16 PM

I’m a big fan of eco-diversity and bears are an important part of the system. We welcome all. I’m cautioning the bears not to feed themselves on Apple FUD. It isn’t filling and there are more nutritious things to eat. For example, have you seen how tasty Dell looks right now as a bear meal? How about AMZN?

I do suggest we feed the bears but the food should be substantial and nutritious.

I was referring more to Tan’s photo-op (though the thread subject is also implying more than “feeding” bears). I also distinguish between AAPL bears and market bears. The latter are much more useful.

That said, I agree shorting AAPL is just silly (even if you’re short the market as a whole). I bought more last week, and I’m now all in.

• Posted: 10 May 2010 03:04 PM #18

Roman - 10 May 2010 04:43 PM

I also distinguish between AAPL bears and market bears. The latter are much more useful.

I have no quibble with informed bearish input. A fair amount of bearish sentiment is necessary to move the market higher long-term and at a reasonable and sustainable pace. I do have issue with misunderstandings about Apple and investors responding in a knee-jerk way to whatever muddy FUD gets thrown Apple’s way.