AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 21 May 2010 09:13 AM #106

Nope it’s because FTSE went below 5000

Posted: 21 May 2010 11:01 AM #107

Is this a bull trap?

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 21 May 2010 11:10 AM #108

N.L. - 21 May 2010 12:11 PM
    Elmar - 21 May 2010 11:55 AM
    N.L. - 21 May 2010 11:38 AM

testing S2 in PM now…

Has it to do with this: The End of Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) ?

Lol, who the f**k is Rocky Biggs!

No idea.  A Google fan who think whatever Google does would be successful.  Other than Search, which Google product is a blockbuster?  GoogleWave comes to mind.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 21 May 2010 11:16 AM #109

macglenn - 21 May 2010 02:01 PM

Is this a bull trap?

Ichimoku cloud says buy.  IFAIK, is the only TA indicator that issue buy signal.

Signature

Posted: 21 May 2010 11:42 AM #110

Stock is up 2 bucks but July 270 calls are down.

Posted: 21 May 2010 11:44 AM #111

zulu - 21 May 2010 02:42 PM

IV drop.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 21 May 2010 12:02 PM #112

Play Ultimate - 21 May 2010 02:44 PM
    zulu - 21 May 2010 02:42 PM

IV drop.

AAPL up 3 bucks, July 270 flat.

Posted: 21 May 2010 12:24 PM #113

I know nobody knows the answer, but at what price will people feel safe to buy. Its hard to believe this was the bottom. Is this a dead cat bounce. At what price does apple have to reach and hold before it will look like a buying opportunity.

Posted: 21 May 2010 12:28 PM #114

Anyone who was going to sell shares has already sold.  Stronger buyers have already shaken about as many shares off the tree as they’re going to get.  It may not get any cheaper.

• Posted: 21 May 2010 12:46 PM #115

I bought a few June 240 calls this am.  I bought with money I can stand to lose though wink

Posted: 21 May 2010 01:22 PM #116

Good morning Boys and Girls

It is so nice to too see a nice 6 point jump.  If we have hit the bottom with 231 and I suspect we have, I may have survived the second bear attack this month with minimal losses.  I did transfer more money then I would have liked into my account, but I maintained my position quite well.  The unrealized paper losses don’t concern me, since overtime they will recover.  But so far I officially only lost $300.  That is a testament how much more disciplined I have become.

Good Luck to all

Posted: 21 May 2010 01:35 PM #117

omacvi - 21 May 2010 04:22 PM

Good morning Boys and Girls

It is so nice to too see a nice 6 point jump.  If we have hit the bottom with 231 and I suspect we have, I may have survived the second bear attack this month with minimal losses.  I did transfer more money then I would have liked into my account, but I maintained my position quite well.  The unrealized paper losses don’t concern me, since overtime they will recover.  But so far I officially only lost $300.  That is a testament how much more disciplined I have become.

Good Luck to all

Good for you and all those who have balls to buy at low $230s.  Is $12 up not $6.

All hail Ichimoku cloud.  However, I can sleep well only if AAPL closes above max pain.

Signature

Posted: 21 May 2010 02:17 PM #118

I think we will close around 242 or 240.

On Monday we may have a nice 15 point climb. :-D

volume is very heavy.  clearly OE is playing a huge role in how the market is reacting.  This is the tail that wags the dog.

WS needs a reason to sell, hedge funds jump into action and sell liquid stock like aapl, it drags the whole market down and suddenly the sky is falling only because aapl is being sold off.

we will recover.  I have seen this movie far too many times.  the economy is still bad and it will remain that way for at least two years.  the market will not climb as strongly as last year, but our beloved stock should still be 300 by July or Oct.

This correction I think will delay us for 3 months in reaching that magical 300 number.  Vegas in Oct. 8-)

Posted: 21 May 2010 02:18 PM #119

Trading AAPL is this climate is tough.  This might be a dead cat bounce, but last I checked some stocks still go up while others go down.  When the smoke clears, investors do pay for quality (and quality earnings growth)

Let’s see what the iPad international launch, WWDC, iPhone launch, and any iPad/iPhone sales announcements (a lot of potential news in 4-6 weeks) will do for the stock.  It’ll take more than a Great Recession to screw up Apple’s business strategy and I don’t think the euro situation has gotten to the point that Apple’s sales in the euro zone will tank anytime soon.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 21 May 2010 02:35 PM #120

Mav - 21 May 2010 05:18 PM

Trading AAPL is this climate is tough.  This might be a dead cat bounce, but last I checked some stocks still go up while others go down.  When the smoke clears, investors do pay for quality (and quality earnings growth)

Let’s see what the iPad international launch, WWDC, iPhone launch, and any iPad/iPhone sales announcements (a lot of potential news in 4-6 weeks) will do for the stock.  It’ll take more than a Great Recession to screw up Apple’s business strategy and I don’t think the euro situation has gotten to the point that Apple’s sales in the euro zone will tank anytime soon.

In addition, Asia Pacific, the fastest growing economy, has awakened to Apple’s products.  Owning Apple’s products is a symbol of wealth, status and ‘in’.  As with any nouveau riche, they want to be seen as such.

Signature