AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 21 May 2010 03:50 PM #121

This is the first time that I watch CNBC and AAPL together.  Noted that AAPL drops a dollar upon the announcement by CNBC that FTC approves Google’s acquisition of AdMobs.  The reason for FTC to approve the deal is because Apple started iAd, huh?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 21 May 2010 04:58 PM #122

Strong close

Bodes well for Monday.

Posted: 21 May 2010 05:45 PM #123

artman1033 - 21 May 2010 08:22 PM

They seem to be fighting in the pits at CBOE, AH.

Too many guys were short going into the close.

This shakeout has pried loose every weakly held AAPL share available, and then some.  The ‘then some’ was probably a lot of short sales to try to take advantage of the momentum to the downside.  Since there is still very little upside momentum, I doubt the shorts have covered yet.  AAPL has not been on the ‘buying on weakness’ chart or the ‘selling on strength’ chart either for a few days, which leads me to believe the institutions have not participated much.  Yet.  Should they strap on their buying shoes Monday, there would be short covering and long buying for the turn in momentum.  They are waiting to see if there will be an even better opportunity to own AAPL.  If there is I would expect it to evaporate quickly.

Posted: 21 May 2010 05:56 PM #124

Can someone explain the implication of S&P validating May 6’s flash crash drop to 1066 (today is 1056) whereas AAPL didn’t ($242.33 is much higher than $199.25)?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 21 May 2010 07:28 PM #125

As W. C. Fields put it:

‘If at first you don’t succeed, try, again. Then give up. No sense in being a damned fool about it.’

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition