AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 17 May 2010 12:50 PM #16

Mercel - 17 May 2010 02:48 PM

Foxconn to ship 24m iPhone 4Gs, as reported here.

Also, the new iPhone is expected to have DOUBLE the resolution of the 3G and have FFS technology, creating a better viewing experience.  The panel is 33% thinner than in previous versions, making more room for an expanded battery.

The current owners of 2G, 3G and 3GS are going to WANT THIS.

Sounds like you’ll be selling your iPhone on e-Bay again this year.

Posted: 17 May 2010 01:12 PM #17

Who ever has cash can now really buy this stock cheap.

• Posted: 17 May 2010 03:43 PM #18

The same folks in Viet Nam who leaked the iPhone have also leaked new MacBook (white version) with faster processor and new graphics card. But it’s been described as a “stealth upgrade,” so I don’t expect a major announcement when it slips into the channel. But MacBook Air is due for a refresh.

Posted: 17 May 2010 04:01 PM #19

Forum is so quiet that I suspect certain stocks are sinking.  Noted that stocks like BAC, C, FNM, FRE and F had declined by 25% from this year’s peak.  Charts are bearish.  Euro crisis is killing energy and agricultural stocks like OXY, BHP, POT, MOS and MON.  Our mighty fruit company’s advance is stalled.  According to omacvi, is time to buy more.  Didn’t he know that AAPL is the number one holding of most hedge funds and when they’re forced to liquidate, they would sell AAPL in a flash (not that flash).

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 17 May 2010 04:15 PM #20

?This goes to the heart of the issue of confidence,? Catalano says. ?The flash crash caused market movements that investors don?t understand. The alternative is to put your money someplace safe and the safest place is going to be a money market.?  Retail Investors Reverse Course.

Signature

• Posted: 17 May 2010 04:16 PM #21

willrob - 17 May 2010 03:50 PM
    Mercel - 17 May 2010 02:48 PM

Foxconn to ship 24m iPhone 4Gs, as reported here.

Also, the new iPhone is expected to have DOUBLE the resolution of the 3G and have FFS technology, creating a better viewing experience.  The panel is 33% thinner than in previous versions, making more room for an expanded battery.

The current owners of 2G, 3G and 3GS are going to WANT THIS.

Sounds like you’ll be selling your iPhone on e-Bay again this year.

Yes.  It’s part of my investment due diligence. grin  Funded by Fri-Mon. Buy/Sale of 10 contracts.  Repurchased the calls (Oct. 240s) near the low.

Posted: 17 May 2010 04:44 PM #22

artman1033 - 17 May 2010 04:21 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 17 May 2010 02:51 PM

OT: Who knew that Amazon’s pricing changes from day to day?

DO THEY BASE that on the price of the Euro?

I don’t know but after I posted, I refreshed my cart before purchasing and priced had dropped again and I thought that perhaps Amazon’s prices are tied to an index.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 17 May 2010 04:51 PM #23

Mace - 17 May 2010 07:01 PM

Forum is so quiet that I suspect certain stocks are sinking.  Noted that stocks like BAC, C, FNM, FRE and F had declined by 25% from this year’s peak.  Charts are bearish.  Euro crisis is killing energy and agricultural stocks like OXY, BHP, POT, MOS and MON.  Our mighty fruit company’s advance is stalled.  According to omacvi, is time to buy more.  Didn’t he know that AAPL is the number one holding of most hedge funds and when they’re forced to liquidate, they would sell AAPL in a flash (not that flash).

The charts might look bearish but I have seen this movie before.  We are volitile which means the hedge funds are making a killing.  We going up and down fast and hard at times.

This is where one does not panic but just sits back and enjoys the ride.  I never thought we would drop the way we did this morning and recover to go green.

I am glad I own the best company in the world and look forward to meeting some of you in Vegas come Oct. :-D

Posted: 17 May 2010 06:00 PM #24

Transactional volume for May calls are higher than OI.  Is that normal?  Four days away from OE and volume for call(May) $260 is very high, does that mean AAPL won’t close higher than $260 on OE?  Would we get net more calls open or close?  Interpretation please.

Signature

Posted: 17 May 2010 08:03 PM #25

“While a European sovereign default has appeared inconceivable in recent history,” a recent Wall Street Journal article observes, “defaults and debt re-schedulings were actually a common feature of the European financial landscape throughout the nineteenth century and up until the end of World War II, according to the economists Carmen Reinhart and Kenneth Rogoff.

“Greece has defaulted or rescheduled its debt five times since gaining independence in 1829, the economists wrote in their paper ‘This Time Is Different,’ published in 2008 and recently expanded into a book. Spain has the lead in Europe at 13 times since 1476. Germany and France have both done it 8 times, while the UK has never done it since William the Conqueror invaded in 1066.

—-For additional articles and commentary follow The Daily Reckoning on Twitter and Facebook.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 17 May 2010 09:36 PM #26

OT:  Some great satire here in this report   suggesting iPad owners need a Kindle too.  Oh wait, they were serious.

Posted: 18 May 2010 12:00 AM #27

omacvi - 17 May 2010 04:12 PM

Who ever has cash can now really buy this stock cheap.

American BULLS.com agrees with you.  Bullish homing pigeon candlestick pattern.

Signature

• Posted: 18 May 2010 10:19 AM #29

Tuesday

R4         278.11
      midpoint   273.88
    R3       269.64
      midpoint   265.41
    R2       261.17
      midpoint   259.44
    R1       257.70
      midpoint   255.20
    PP       252.70
      midpoint   250.97
    S1       249.23
      midpoint   246.73
    S2       244.23
      midpoint   240.00
    S3       235.76
      midpoint   231.53
    S4       227.29

Posted: 18 May 2010 11:29 AM #30

DId Jim Cramer just say something silly? AAPL is going down. Not a lot, but so far the biggest move of the day, and it looks ugly on the intraday chart.

Signature

Tightwad.