AAPL FY ‘10 Forecast - $65 Billion in Revenue, $15 (or more) EPS

• Posted: 26 May 2010 11:41 PM

I’ve just posted updated FY ‘10 revenue and earnings forecasts for AAPL at Eventide.

This is essentially a post to bring together estimates I’ve mentioned in separate posts before. I expect Apple to deliver record results for the remainder of the fiscal year based in part on the early success of the Apple iPad.

• Posted: 27 May 2010 03:37 PM #1

Take a guess where I expect to share price to range by late July…

I think there’s some good news coming.

• Posted: 27 May 2010 04:10 PM #2

$300???

• Posted: 27 May 2010 09:13 PM #3

bilter2000 - 27 May 2010 07:10 PM

$300???

We can start there?  grin

• Posted: 27 May 2010 10:51 PM #4

I sure could use that for my current plays to pan out.  I am sitting on quite a bit of cash at this time but mr market is just not inspiring me enough to invest more than I currently have.  It’s tempting, I’ll wait and see what next week brings and maybe buy a few shares or contracts a little at a time

• Posted: 28 May 2010 01:30 AM #5

adamthompson3232 - 28 May 2010 03:56 AM

Love your numbers DT. What is your current iPad and iPhone unit sales for the calendar year? If this trend continues or accelerates, we are in for some huge upside surprises in conjunction with iPad sales.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100527/four-out-of-ten-iphones-sold-to-business-users/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

I’ll make unit sales projections for each quarter. In my view this coming generation iPhone was planned quite awhile ago and all previous versions have lead up to the coming release. The 3GS is a masterful design that bought Apple a very lucrative year while the 4th generation iPhone was completing its development.

I don’t think I can make a credible iPad unit sales estimate for the remainder of the fiscal year. Suffice it to say sales will be north of 10 million units in the first nine months of sales.

• Posted: 28 May 2010 01:49 PM #6

adamthompson3232 - 28 May 2010 06:29 AM
    adamthompson3232 - 28 May 2010 04:00 AM

One of the companies I work for (roughly 100 corporate employees) began supporting the iPhone a few months ago. They now allow any employee with a BB to buy whatever phone they want (BB, iPhone or Droid, and maybe some others I am unaware of) and the company will subsidize the purchase and service and support it going forward. I was informed that 7 have already purchased iPhones in the last few months and “a lot more” plan to buy the new iPhone. I imagine this is a trend that is only recently (within the last 6-12 months?) beginning to really get traction.

Maybe i should mention that these iPhone sales do not count toward “corporate sales” as these purchases are made by individuals for business use and ATT has no way to know they are for business usage.

We will see more and more iPhone sales through these kinds of arrangements. The enterprise market is fertile ground for continuing iPhone sales growth and I expect the 4th generation iPhone to be a huge success.

• Posted: 29 May 2010 04:58 PM #7

The numbers for the 3rd and 4th fiscal quarters are beginning to look a bit unreal. The launch of the 4th generation iPhone will rocket revenue growth to levels few have considered. FQ3 results last year were muted by the economy. There’s less of an economic barrier to growth this year and FQ4 results should be downright sensational. FQ3 though should see revenue and earnings per share growth exceed the pace of growth for the first six months of the fiscal year.

• Posted: 29 May 2010 06:09 PM #8

A Jack - in - the -box. Winding and winding till July.

• Posted: 29 May 2010 07:52 PM #9

danthemason - 29 May 2010 09:09 PM

A Jack - in - the -box. Winding and winding till July.

The revenue and earnings possibilities are simply staggering.

• Posted: 31 May 2010 01:52 PM #10

With the prospect of 3 million iPads sold in the quarter we’re looking at a record June quarter for both revenue and eps.

• Posted: 31 May 2010 04:15 PM #11

After earnings last quarter, someone over at MacRumors posted an amazing thought that will be true.  Last quarter’s non-holiday record reported earnings will be the LOWEST earnings for this FY.

Think about that and let it seep in.

• Posted: 31 May 2010 04:30 PM #12

tradervic21 - 31 May 2010 07:15 PM

After earnings last quarter, someone over at MacRumors posted an amazing thought that will be true.  Last quarter’s non-holiday record reported earnings will be the LOWEST earnings for this FY.

Yep.

• Posted: 01 June 2010 01:55 AM #13

Mercel - 31 May 2010 07:30 PM
    tradervic21 - 31 May 2010 07:15 PM

Yep.

Similar to what I said at the start of this topic:

DawnTreader - 27 May 2010 02:41 AM

I’ve just posted updated FY ‘10 revenue and earnings forecasts for AAPL at Eventide.

This is essentially a post to bring together estimates I’ve mentioned in separate posts before. I expect Apple to deliver record results for the remainder of the fiscal year based in part on the early success of the Apple iPad.

• Posted: 01 June 2010 05:04 PM #14

The FQ4 numbers are startling with a reasonable iPad unit sales estimate factored into the numbers.