AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 01 June 2010 12:51 PM #16

SNIPUS - 01 June 2010 07:55 AM

... Have some spare cash to put to work today in Apple and will do so before US mkt close. Tonight SJ will be on All things Digital with Kara Swisher and should be a help. But this is the tightest the spring has been wound and Apple stock seems ready to explode to the upside as soon as the quants, hedgies, dark pools have their fill. it seems imminent ...

One week ago, you panic and move to cash.  Now you’re so bullish?  Your mood changes pretty frequently recently.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 01 June 2010 01:08 PM #17

artman1033 - 01 June 2010 02:43 PM

... June 270 call @ 9,610 today. OI 31,483, was 29,646, $6.10 ...

Still not as high as Jun 290 call.  OI 35,295, was 34,139.

Signature

• Posted: 01 June 2010 01:33 PM #18

Mace, given your experience and based on technicals where do you see AAPL heading to as of Jun 7.  I presume there will be a “Sell the News” on around 2 pm on Jun 7 if there isn’t a blow out of water “new service/product”

Thanks in advance

• Posted: 01 June 2010 01:33 PM #19

Mace - 01 June 2010 03:51 PM
    SNIPUS - 01 June 2010 07:55 AM

... Have some spare cash to put to work today in Apple and will do so before US mkt close. Tonight SJ will be on All things Digital with Kara Swisher and should be a help. But this is the tightest the spring has been wound and Apple stock seems ready to explode to the upside as soon as the quants, hedgies, dark pools have their fill. it seems imminent ...

One week ago, you panic and move to cash.  Now you’re so bullish?  Your mood changes pretty frequently recently.

It is not about mood changing. It is about mentally adjusting to what I perceive to be risk/reward. If you were not concerned the last month good for you. I was (and still am) and money preservation is my primary concern. I will not risk a dollar to make 20 cents. I will risk a dollar to make 5 dollars. (I just have to be right at least 20 percent of the time) Call it panic if you wish but I have made money consistently for 7 years on AAPL options. If I had stayed in the past 4 months my account would be a little fatter. So I suffer some slippage but now feel comfortable about my positions (but not too comfortable) I was 2/3rds in last week and all in at the open today. And I could be all out at the end of the week!!

Posted: 01 June 2010 01:36 PM #20

SNIPUS - 01 June 2010 04:33 PM

... I was 2/3rds in last week and all in at the open today. And I could be all out at the end of the week!!

And you insist that you’re a buy n hold investor employing LEAPS LOL.

Signature

• Posted: 01 June 2010 01:39 PM #21

Mace - 01 June 2010 04:36 PM
    SNIPUS - 01 June 2010 04:33 PM

... I was 2/3rds in last week and all in at the open today. And I could be all out at the end of the week!!

And you insist that you’re a buy n hold investor employing LEAPS LOL.

actually I am. My cash just takes a few days a year vacation rolleyes
    edit: and btw I have no LEAPS right now Just Oct 260 and 270s and Jan 280s

Posted: 01 June 2010 01:53 PM #22

thealct - 01 June 2010 04:33 PM

Mace, given your experience and based on technicals where do you see AAPL heading to as of Jun 7.  I presume there will be a “Sell the News” on around 2 pm on Jun 7 if there isn’t a blow out of water “new service/product”

Thanks in advance

I’ve no idea what price come Jun 7.  From EW perspective, AAPL looks like want to rally to $282-$300 before doing an abrupt and deep correction back to $190-$210 price zone.  I’ve some Jun vertical spreads and Oct calls which I plan to close when AAPL is trading in $282-$300 price zone.  I’ll not sell any AAPL shares at those prices as those are buy n hold position which I sell at set price targets, tentatively at $340 as part of a multi-year divestment.

Snipus - Scared yes but selling long term buy n hold position has not crossed my thought.  Buy n hold position follows a multi-year divestment plan not affected by market conditions.  Remember shares are not LEAPS, so don’t have depreciating time premium.  As for short-term position, I’ve taken a leaf from you LOL, added some Oct calls though very scared.  Short-term position is only a fraction of the long term position, playing them just to keep myself alert, need something to do, for retirement.  I has also started reading up on iPhone dev after reading about capablanca is doing that.

Edit:

Snipus - I’ve the same exact Oct calls tongue laugh.  Don’t have Jan 280.

[ Edited: 01 June 2010 01:57 PM by Mace ]

Signature

• Posted: 01 June 2010 02:00 PM #23

Mace - 01 June 2010 04:53 PM

Thanks in advance

I’ve no idea what price come Jun 7.  From EW perspective, AAPL looks like want to rally to $282-$300 before doing an abrupt and deep correction back to $190-$210 price zone.

Hey Mace,

That’s a pretty bold prediction ,  just curious how convinced of that are you from your EW analysis ?

And does it show a recovery just as quickly ?

Posted: 01 June 2010 02:11 PM #24

Gtrplyr - 01 June 2010 05:00 PM

Thanks in advance

I’ve no idea what price come Jun 7.  From EW perspective, AAPL looks like want to rally to $282-$300 before doing an abrupt and deep correction back to $190-$210 price zone.

Hey Mace,

That’s a pretty bold prediction ,  just curious how convinced of that are you from your EW analysis ?

And does it show a recovery just as quickly ?

From EW perspective, wave 2 always retraces to at least 1.iv (sometimes to 1.ii).  Unless $190-$210 price zone is not 1.iv, it is a sure thing that AAPL would retrace to there. Another scenario that it won’t is when wave 1 has an extended fifth wave i.e. AAPL would rally to $400 before completing wave 1, well this is an ultra bullish scenario that DT is suggesting.  For short-term position, I don’t dare to believe this ultra bullish scenario ... in any case, I’ve a long term position that benefit from it, that would mitigate missing those short-term profit.  Short-term position’s mantra is capital preservation first, max profit second.

[ Edited: 01 June 2010 02:14 PM by Mace ]

Signature

• Posted: 01 June 2010 02:31 PM #25

Thanks in advance

I’ve no idea what price come Jun 7.  From EW perspective, AAPL looks like want to rally to $282-$300 before doing an abrupt and deep correction back to $190-$210 price zone.  I’ve some Jun vertical spreads and Oct calls which I plan to close when AAPL is trading in $282-$300 price zone.  I’ll not sell any AAPL shares at those prices as those are buy n hold position which I sell at set price targets, tentatively at $340 as part of a multi-year divestment.

Wow Thanks Mace. Happy with that prediction.

• Posted: 01 June 2010 03:52 PM #26

Steve Jobs on CNBC tomorrow morning at 6 am EST

Posted: 01 June 2010 04:56 PM #27

Ahh yes, the usual sell-off into the close. Why would I have expected anything else?

• Posted: 01 June 2010 04:57 PM #28

Unbelievable Market !!! Post 3:00 pm dump everyday. Whats today’s excuse - Euro went up against the dollar.

• Posted: 01 June 2010 05:17 PM #29

artman1033 - 01 June 2010 07:02 PM
    SNIPUS - 01 June 2010 06:52 PM

Steve Jobs on CNBC tomorrow morning at 6 am EST

SERIOUSLY?

3 AM PACIFIC?

Relax and sleep in Artman… they have a habit of saying a time (which is when their show Squawk Box, starts.) It could be 8 am and btw I doubt it will be live.. probably a tape with Jim Goldman from the All things D conference the night before.
    SJ get up early for a live interview with a Jeff Zucker run network? LMFAO

Posted: 01 June 2010 11:17 PM #30

Steve Jobs doing his D8 interview right now, which looks to be a gem based on the liveblog reports.  But I wonder if that ever-present “elephant in the room”, if you know what I mean (hint: you don’t have to look very hard, as with most of those types of elephants), may cause downward pressure on AAPL.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.