No more Apple TV?

• Posted: 15 June 2010 12:07 PM

They added a new Mac Mini and now no Apple TV on the website. Is there a new one coming?

• Posted: 15 June 2010 12:14 PM #1

It is still available ... just not featured on the main page ... if you search for it ... it will appear.

• Posted: 15 June 2010 12:19 PM #2

Could they hide it any better? It seems like Apple is giving up on it. I love mine.

• Posted: 15 June 2010 12:37 PM #3

wildguess - 15 June 2010 03:19 PM

Could they hide it any better? It seems like Apple is giving up on it. I love mine.

I think that the 4th iOS product is just around the corner.

Signature

Posted: 15 June 2010 01:26 PM #4

rattyuk - 15 June 2010 03:37 PM

If they would just merge the two (Mini/ATV) with a blu-ray player this would solve the problem of both of these.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 15 June 2010 01:49 PM #5

mbeauch - 15 June 2010 04:26 PM

If they would just merge the two (Mini/ATV) with a blu-ray player this would solve the problem of both of these.

If they can hit the $99 price point then they will do just fine.

Signature

Posted: 15 June 2010 01:59 PM #6

mbeauch - 15 June 2010 04:26 PM
    rattyuk - 15 June 2010 03:37 PM

The ATV was meant to be the DVD player of the 21st Century so why would you included BRD which would just add cost without any real additional use cases.  Folks willing to adopted VOD will be okay with 720p, which with the existing network pipes is a reasonable compromise between quality and download speed.  Folks who want Blue Ray won’t get it through the network yet, because the files are too large for widespread adoption.  Adding BRD to ATV just slows the transition to VOD by raising the price of entry from $ 229 to something like $400.  I like the idea of a reduced cost ATV with access to the iOS and apps on the large screen.

Posted: 15 June 2010 02:34 PM #7

pats - 15 June 2010 04:59 PM

... The ATV was meant to be the DVD player of the 21st Century ...

Many folks forgot about this tongue laugh.  Who sell the DVD of the 21st Century?  Apple and who else?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 15 June 2010 05:22 PM #8

Mace - 15 June 2010 05:34 PM
    pats - 15 June 2010 04:59 PM

... The ATV was meant to be the DVD player of the 21st Century ...

Many folks forgot about this tongue laugh.  Who sell the DVD of the 21st Century?  Apple and who else?

Mace, if you remember I have been asking for the ATV to have a BR since 2007. Say what you will, but BR is here to stay for quite a while. I bought one (BR) a couple of months back and ATV does not hold a candle to it. As long as BBY is selling BR’s for a reasonable price, ATV is not going to gain a foothold. That and the fact that nobody know it exist except for Apple fanboys. Since owning my ATV I have found that renting movies has become its number one purpose. Since the number of titles is limited (new releases), Apple is missing a huge market. I know the studios are more to blame than Apple on this, but for this to be a serious addition to a home theater it must get better. Access to the internet is also a must.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.