AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 20 June 2010 04:22 PM

A new high Monday?

[ Edited: 25 June 2010 07:22 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 20 June 2010 05:42 PM #1

I think so (with the usual caveats that apply these days). Early reviews, Launch Thursday, etc., maybe even a early sales number. (1 million sold on launch day?  We can hope!)  Lots to look forward to.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 June 2010 07:46 PM #2

Futures are supportive as of now.

Posted: 20 June 2010 11:05 PM #3

China is going to let the yuan rise. Well received obviously. rolleyes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-21/stocks-commodities-surge-after-china-signals-end-to-peg-dollar-weakens.html

[ Edited: 20 June 2010 11:29 PM by mbeauch ]

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 21 June 2010 01:06 AM #4

Monday

R4         284.27
      midpoint   282.48
    R3       280.69
      midpoint   278.90
    R2       277.11
      midpoint   276.37
    R1       275.63
      midpoint   274.58
    PP       273.53
      midpoint   272.79
    S1       272.05
      midpoint   271.00
    S2       269.95
      midpoint   268.16
    S3       266.37
      midpoint   264.58
    S4       262.79

• Posted: 21 June 2010 02:57 AM #5

Shipment notification on my 32GB iPhone indicates a Wednesday delivery, which is curious given the Thursday launch.  It could be the # of units scheduled for Thursday delivery by FedEX overwhelmed its ability to deliver all of them on the same day?

The iPhone 4 buzz could add additional $ to share price this week, but I expect the China yuan decision will propel the market Monday.

Posted: 21 June 2010 04:14 AM #6

Best as I can tell (please correct me if I’m wrong), the conventional wisdom is that the change in Chinese monetary policy is a positive because it indicates China’s vote of confidence in a global economic recovery, right?

Well, that’s certainly good news for AAPL!

And Wednesday delivery is smart on multiple levels.  Easies strain on FedEx and whoever else is handling deliveries, and amps up iPhone fever even more with the early unboxings and first impressions.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 21 June 2010 06:07 AM #7

Nice spike to $278 in PM.

Posted: 21 June 2010 08:35 AM #8

danthemason - 21 June 2010 09:07 AM

Nice spike to $278 in PM.

Edging up to $ 278.5 or so.

Posted: 21 June 2010 08:49 AM #9

Mercel - 21 June 2010 05:57 AM

Shipment notification on my 32GB iPhone indicates a Wednesday delivery, which is curious given the Thursday launch.  It could be the # of units scheduled for Thursday delivery by FedEX overwhelmed its ability to deliver all of them on the same day?

The iPhone 4 buzz could add additional $ to share price this week, but I expect the China yuan decision will propel the market Monday.

SAme here got a June 23rd delivery date arrival according to FedEx but we all know they can hold these back once they get local.

Im just happy to see its en routes since I had changed my ATT billing address to get it to where I am now!

• Posted: 21 June 2010 10:30 AM #10

The 23rd delivery date was widely reported yesterday, but many felt FedX (Federal Express is what it’s saying on the notices) will hold them until SJ gives the OK. I just hope Apple/ATT clear up the issue that saw so many legit orders dropped over the past few days. Multiple hits on the order button appears to be the culprit; I hope that 600K first day figure wasn’t based on these orders.

• Posted: 21 June 2010 10:39 AM #11

The big wait: iOS4 ships today - but when?
    Jonny Evans
    June 21, 2010

Apple will today ship the latest version of its operating system for the iPhone and iPod touch, iOS 4. We are also hearing that Apple has begun shipping the iPhone 4 to customers who pre-ordered the device.

The company may already be shipping devices with the new OS installed, according to one report.

We are hearing divergent reports as to when the OS will actually ship.

Most industry watchers expect the new OS to ship at or near 10am Pacific Time.

Some users already have iOS 4 installed on their devices, thanks to curious iPhone developers who noticed the beta made available to them could easily be installed on an iPhone.

iOS 4 offers over 100 new features, including Multitasking, Folders, enhanced Mail, deeper Enterprise support and Apple?s new iAd mobile advertising platform (which launches July 1).

We?ll also see the iBookstore fully embrace the iPhone, which is nice.

Not all features function on every iPhone model.

Posted: 21 June 2010 10:40 AM #12

iPhone OS4 (iOS4) release today at 10:00AM PDT:

All told, iOS 4 offers more than 100 new features or enhancements. It can be downloaded starting Monday at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time from Apple’s Web site or iTunes store. Apple said it plans to release a version of the software for the iPad tablet computer in the fall.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 21 June 2010 11:04 AM #13

Current iPhone owners who plan to sell their phones on eBay (or where ever) may want to keep their current OS until a Jailbreak/unlock for the new iOS is available. Apple has made it pretty impossible to downgrade to a previous OS, and it’s the Jailbreak/unlock that accounts for the current eBay bid prices.

Posted: 21 June 2010 11:13 AM #14

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge bought his last batch of aapl stock for the month. I think we will hit a wall soon.  I see us going to 300 in the next two weeks, before coming back to 270.  We then go back over 300 at ER.

I plan on buying more at 300, but not sure if I have the patience to wait until July.  I am back on track of my system of now only buying every 20 point gain and decreasing my margin every time.

Good Luck to All

Mace I may have to send you my address soon. :-D

• Posted: 21 June 2010 11:37 AM #15

Omacvi - Is this a gut feel or is it based on technicals. Can you please elaborate

AAPL has been up for 8 straight days now from a bottom of 247-8. thats a 30 point slingshot and short term overbought. Everyone is expecting it to go up again this week ?