When Are You Upgrading to iOS 4?

Posted: 21 June 2010 11:10 AM

Apple’s iOS 4 upgrade for the iPhone and iPod touch will be available for download later today. When do you plan on upgrading to the new OS?

Posted: 21 June 2010 11:38 AM #1

Pretty much as soon as it’s available

• Posted: 21 June 2010 11:54 AM #2

I’ve been hitting the Check for Update button for the last couple hours.

• Posted: 21 June 2010 11:57 AM #3

As soon as I get home from work

• Posted: 21 June 2010 05:02 PM #4

I’m upgrading as we speak. But it’s taking a very long time. The backup is taking over an hour (so far!).

Posted: 21 June 2010 05:27 PM #5

I would have done it this morning (90 minutes ago), but I was already late in taking little Rosie to doggy day care. It can wait until I get home.

I have a couple of friends who have already upgraded (how? I have no idea!) and as far as they’re concerned it’s perfectly stable.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

Posted: 21 June 2010 07:47 PM #6

I checked “I’m waiting for my iPhone 4”. To be completely honest I’m waiting till December when my existing contract expires, then getting an iPv4

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 21 June 2010 07:58 PM #7

Did it right after I got home from work. I LOVE iOS4!!!! Can’t wait until Thursday when I have the iPhone 4 too!!!!

Signature

Posted: 21 June 2010 07:59 PM #8

You could wait for another couple of years, because your pockets were too full, and get yourself an much more flexible iPv6.

http://penrose.uk6x.com/

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 26 June 2010 12:02 AM #9

I installed iOS4 early this month. The developer gold master was available to nondevelopers (oops) and the iTunes 9.2 gold master was posted online to enable install.

It’s been nice using the new OS for the past couple of weeks. I’ve found the transition smooth overall, although a few apps weren’t iOS4 compatible initially.