Out of the spotlight, Mac computer sales grow

Posted: 27 June 2010 12:14 PM

Out of the spotlight, Mac computer sales grow

I found this rather interesting.  One tidbit I was unaware of states:

According to patent filings, future Macs may boast such features as embedded projectors that turn any nearby wall into a display for PowerPoint presentations or the latest movie downloaded from iTunes.

Edit:  Forgot to point out that I doubt there will be many Powerpoint presentations on Macs.  Keynotes yes; PPs no.

[ Edited: 27 June 2010 12:40 PM by incorrigible ]

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 27 June 2010 07:31 PM #1

while I think the “mac” in its current form will probably wont be around 7-10 years from now, I think macs will be impressive for the next few years from a #sales number.  People tend to be slow to new tech and will be buying laptops for some years until they realize iPads potential.

Signature

aka Sammy the Walrus IV
    AAPL Orchard

Twitter

Posted: 27 June 2010 07:41 PM #2

With a current mix of roughly 50/50 between Macs and PC on college campuses, I see a dramatic future shift from PCs to Macs over the coming years.  Even with PCs having about 50% college market share, I’m sure many of those kids would prefer to have a Mac but needed to choose the cheaper PC.

All the young folks penetrating into the business world will fuel further enterprise adoption of Macs in the workplace as well as furthering Macs adoption in the home as well.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix