Great article

Posted: 28 June 2010 01:13 AM

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/147/apple-nation.html

Posted: 28 June 2010 04:56 PM #1

Fair article, not great.  The “HP Font” mag article suffers from some of the usual typical misunderstandings/ignorance about Apple.

#4:  Attention to detail means taking time to get things right.  And I have to say, Apple’s version of multitasking strikes a very good balance of efficiency and battery life.  Eliminating features to “leave ‘em wanting more” is mostly BS.  Multitasking and copy and paste continue to be problematic for those who implemented them first.  And yet, people continue to vote with their wallets.  You may have a small point with the iPad camera.  But then again, no one’s ever paid much attention to the tablet space until Apple revived the market, so who knows what the consumer wants for that product segment?

#6:  The Cult of Mac/Apple (some call it “installed base”) will probably be around 100 million before long, if it isn’t already.  Care to stop marginalizing us anytime soon?  Funny, too, how the bigger Apple gets, the more people keep buying its products.  It’s the product/experience, stupid.

#7:  I can run a 2001 version of Word and other OS X-PPC apps on my Intel Mac.  Classic Mode and dual-booting served as a compatibility bridge for around 5 years.  Yup, another case of Journalistic Overgeneralization(tm).  And please, no one’s forcing you to buy another iPhone.  Upgradeable firmware which runs into technical limitations down the road is a “problem” that basically wouldn’t exist if not for Apple.  You guys can stay in the Stone Age, I’ll keep upgrading every couple of years.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.