The Case for iPhone 4 Cases

Poll: Are You Putting Your iPhone 4 in a Case?
Total Votes: 28
My iPhone 4 is already in a case.
I’m using Apple’s Bumper.
No case for me.
I’m shopping, but haven’t found the right case yet.

Posted: 30 June 2010 11:30 AM

There’s always a big market for iPhone cases, and with the iPhone 4’s glass back, that market may grow even more. Are you planning on buying a case for your iPhone 4?

[ Edited: 06 December 2010 12:47 PM by Laurie Fleming ]      
  • Posted: 30 June 2010 11:44 AM #1

I use my current Sena case. It’s a bit to large but it works.
    Now I’m waiting for the new cases to come to The Netherlands (Bought my iPhone in the UK)

• Posted: 30 June 2010 11:59 AM #2

I am waiting on the new iPhone 4 cases from XGear. You can’t beat Carbon Fiber for protection.

• Posted: 30 June 2010 12:04 PM #3

With two glass faces, you can bet this thing is going in a case. I haven’t really found any yet; aside from the bumpers, my local Apple store doesn’t carry any, and the one I found at Best Buy I returned.

Posted: 30 June 2010 12:28 PM #4

I put on an Invisible Shield ( http://www.zagg.com/ ).  Lots of protection, but you get to keep that Apple look.

Signature

Tron is cool

• Posted: 30 June 2010 02:31 PM #5

None of my iPhones (2G,3G,3GS) has ever been in a case while I owned it.

Well, unless you consider my pants pocket a case - they fit beautifully in there.  smile

And they are too beautiful to cover up needlessly.

NO CASE!

Posted: 30 June 2010 08:49 PM #6

I’ve always had a case for my iPhones (3G & 3GS). I looked online and not many companies had cases ready to be sold. Even my discount iPhone accessory sites were completely blank! I found out that a few companies had cases already out & hit my local Best Buy to get one last Friday (I wasn’t going to try to get into the Apple Store with all of the walk-ins they had). I picked up an iFrogz Luxe case. I had a bad experience with them on my 3GS, but it was the only case I could deal with. Luckily the Luxe case for the iPhone 4 worked pretty good, unfortunately they only had red/black & blue/black (I got a blue/black one). I really wanted a green/black case. I’ll keep it on my iPhone 4 until more cases come out & I find something I like more.

Signature

• Posted: 30 June 2010 11:12 PM #7

My friends recommend sourcingmap to me. They have a great selection of plastic and [spammy link?] silicon iphone 4 cases</a> that come in various styles and colours. My friends just ordered two cases yesterday and still waiting for its arrival. I will decide to buy there if the cases are good enough to provide protection to my cell phone.

[ Edited: 01 July 2010 05:43 AM by Laurie Fleming ]      
  • Posted: 01 July 2010 10:04 AM #8

I don’t have a case yet but it is rather obvious that one is needed with the iPhone 4 and the antenna situation.  My reception drops from 5 bars to just 1 if I hold it “incorrectly” while talking. 

My biggest surprise is that this made it through product testing.  I can’t imagine how this could have been unknown prior to the release unless every test was done with either a case on the phone or headset/headphone.

Given Apple’s reputation for impeccable products, this is a major set back—their stock is dropping which may be more than coincidence.

It seems to me that Apple could patch this up a bit by offering a Bumper case to all iPhone4 customers for free.

Signature

Kevin

• Posted: 03 July 2010 03:22 AM #9

Yes this website reviews the top 3 iPhone 4 cases and covers: http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-three-iphone-4-cases-and-covers-a251876

Apparently it lists them from Scosche, Gumdrop and Proporta.

What do u guys think?

Posted: 03 July 2010 08:28 PM #10

It doesn’t “apparently” list them, it does list them. What are you? a spammer? That’s what I think.

(If you aren’t, I apologise)

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 11 July 2010 05:33 PM #11

I have my iPhone 4 in a Belkin Grip Vue case and I like it so far. I got it not because of the antenna issue, but because I’m paranoid about keeping my gadgets in mint condition.

I was lukewarm about the Apple bumper case at first, but then I saw one in person and decided I wanted it after all. I’m still waiting on the bumper’s arrival. I’ll probably just trade back and forth between the bumper and the Belkin case. That’s what I did with my iPhone 3G???I collected another case whenever I saw one I liked on sale, and ended up with about 5 that I would trade around when I got tired of the one I was using at the time. Excessive? Yes, but it makes me happy. smile

[ Edited: 11 July 2010 05:36 PM by David Nelson ]