Best Apple Stores in the World: Top Ten

• Posted: 04 July 2010 05:51 PM

The architecture and style of Apple retail is stunning.  It’s a great alternative to the library for your imagination to run on what one could create from the hardware and software found there.

I would like to see Apple create a flagship in Bellevue Washington:  We’re deserving of something better than we have! 

What’s your favorite?  SEE HERE.

Posted: 04 July 2010 08:26 PM #1

UPPER WEST SIDE, NYC.

I first saw this at night, it is STUNNING!

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 04 July 2010 08:48 PM #2

I probably could have titled it “Best RETAIL stores in the World.”  The Carrousel du Louvre, France location (interior shot) has me entranced.  The Upper West Side must be a sight in the evening…

Posted: 06 July 2010 12:25 PM #3

Some cities are lucky with their Apple Store architecture. Here in the San Diego area we have five generic mall store designs. Never the mind that one of the city founding fathers said at the dedication of the Sera Museum

?In building the city, let us remember that the material things which will endure longest are those that express the spirit of man in art. In the arts of landscape and architecture the spirit of the city can be preserved for ages.? George White Marston, July 16th 1929

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 06 July 2010 12:50 PM #4

Mercel - 04 July 2010 08:51 PM

The architecture and style of Apple retail is stunning.  It’s a great alternative to the library for your imagination to run on what one could create from the hardware and software found there.

I would like to see Apple create a flagship in Bellevue Washington:  We’re deserving of something better than we have! 

Why not move the flagship a few miles away ... to the heart of REDMOND!

• Posted: 06 July 2010 05:15 PM #5

firestorm - 06 July 2010 03:50 PM
    Mercel - 04 July 2010 08:51 PM

Why not move the flagship a few miles away ... to the heart of REDMOND!

I would be in favor of ADDING an Apple Store there, but it would do better in Bellevue.

To Sir Harry:  I think Bellevue has one of the smallest Apple Stores in the USA, in Bellevue Square, an upscale mall.  My perception of retail traffic is somewhat skewed as the store is usually mobbed.  Now Microsoft is adding a large mall store that will be at least twice the size of the Apple store, a few steps down. The contrast, in square footage and traffic, will be stark.

Posted: 06 July 2010 05:33 PM #6

Mercel - 06 July 2010 08:15 PM

Now Microsoft is adding a large mall store that will be at least twice the size of the Apple store, a few steps down. The contrast, in square footage and traffic, will be stark.

MicroSoft recently opened a store a few doors down the biggest Apple Store in the San Diego area. They look to be about the same square footage, and in fact look quite similar. They opened the store the same day that the iPhone 4 went on sale; I stopped by, but there was line to get in and it wasn’t important enough for me to do that, I got an “I’m a PC” t-shirt. My wife and I visited the store this weekend. They had several nice displays showing off MicroSoft and PC technology. One of the those big touch screen things, some game stuff.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 06 July 2010 06:15 PM #7

Some interior views of the (former bank) Paris store.

[ Edited: 06 July 2010 09:11 PM by willrob ]      

Posted: 06 July 2010 06:18 PM #8

willrob - 06 July 2010 09:15 PM

Some interior views of the (former bank) Paris store.

Now that is a classy store interior!

PS: I had to add a “h” to the url to make it “http”

Signature

• Posted: 06 July 2010 06:33 PM #9

TRY THIS LINK TO APPLE PARIS STORE (pardon the link to giz)

Posted: 06 July 2010 06:59 PM #10

I am having a devil of a time getting a photo posted of the MicroSoft Store at the Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego California

I need a cup of tea

Okay, let us try this link

[ Edited: 06 July 2010 07:19 PM by Lee Dronick ]

Signature

Posted: 07 July 2010 12:59 AM #11

Sir Harry Flashman - 06 July 2010 08:33 PM
    Mercel - 06 July 2010 08:15 PM

Now Microsoft is adding a large mall store that will be at least twice the size of the Apple store, a few steps down. The contrast, in square footage and traffic, will be stark.

MicroSoft recently opened a store a few doors down the biggest Apple Store in the San Diego area. They look to be about the same square footage, and in fact look quite similar. They opened the store the same day that the iPhone 4 went on sale; I stopped by, but there was line to get in and it wasn’t important enough for me to do that, I got an “I’m a PC” t-shirt. My wife and I visited the store this weekend. They had several nice displays showing off MicroSoft and PC technology. One of the those big touch screen things, some game stuff.

Harry,

My guess is that Microsoft paid actors to stand in line. Its not like you can’t go to any BBY and get their products. Awful move by MSFT IMO. The true test is how many people are there today? :-D

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 07 July 2010 01:13 PM #12

[quote author=“adamthompson3232” date=“1278490504”
    Not sure that they paid actors (also not sure they didn’t) but they did give away concert tickets to customers showing up to at least one recent store opening (can’t recall where the store is). Bottom line is that they know they aren’t Apple but don’t want to feel quite as inferior as they actually are. I guess somehow giving stuff away to get people to show up makes them feel less bad about their inferiority to Apple.

I think they gave away the concert tickets when they opened the store an hour north me in Mission Viejo, Orange County California. The opening of the MicroSoft Store here in San Diego got a lot media attention and I am pretty sure the people in line were not actors. They did have some celebrity in the store, but I would bet that even without that person there would have been a throng of Windows/PC fans. I was there about 7:30 PM and I have no idea of the crowds at other times, but there was probably three times the number of people waiting for the iPhone.

When I took that interior photo it was about 20 minutes after the mall opened and there were few shoppers overall. That is my wife’s favorite mall so were there a few times a month, I will keep an eye on the MicroSoft Store and see how popular it is.

Signature

• Posted: 07 July 2010 07:54 PM #13

Seems that with all that public attention they could have managed more than 500 of their Kin device, from that store. It was the tickets. Look for store fixture sale within 18 months.

• Posted: 07 July 2010 09:36 PM #14

Meanwhile Apple Stores have taken another leap ahead with The Friend Bar. Now maybe some of us can hang out somewhere else during market hours.