July 4

Posted: 04 July 2010 11:27 PM

Not that any one here has any doubts about me being proud to be an American, but today is a day that I am extra patriotic. While watching the Toby Keith/Boston Pops special it reminded me of a couple of things; freedom does not come free and this is a nation blessed by God.

If this “distracts” you, to bad.

If you disagree with me, I don’t care.

If you don’t like this country and live here, get out.

[ Edited: 04 July 2010 11:36 PM by mbeauch ]

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 05 July 2010 12:37 AM #1

I’m waiting for the fireworks to start in an hour.  Boston Pops is a perennial favorite.  I also like the Ray Charles/Alicia Keys’ version of “America the Beautiful,” particularly when it’s timed to the fireworks display. 

It’s cold and raining here, and the park under which the shells are launched looks like base camp in the Himalayas, what will all the bivouac tents for protection from the weather…summer starts July 5th here in Seattle, as usual.

• Posted: 05 July 2010 01:08 AM #2

I just feel bad for the Brits and the Tories today smile

At least Canada loved them.

Posted: 05 July 2010 02:44 AM #3

Mercel - 05 July 2010 03:37 AM

I’m waiting for the fireworks to start in an hour.  Boston Pops is a perennial favorite.  I also like the Ray Charles/Alicia Keys’ version of “America the Beautiful,” particularly when it’s timed to the fireworks display. 

It’s cold and raining here, and the park under which the shells are launched looks like base camp in the Himalayas, what will all the bivouac tents for protection from the weather…summer starts July 5th here in Seattle, as usual.

You will get some hot weather by Thurs.  It was too foggy to enjoy the fireworks in SF

Next year we should be in DC for the fourth, or maybe we will all meet in Paris for the 500 celebration.smile

• Posted: 05 July 2010 08:52 AM #4

omacvi - 05 July 2010 05:44 AM
    Mercel - 05 July 2010 03:37 AM

You will get some hot weather by Thurs.  It was too foggy to enjoy the fireworks in SF

Next year we should be in DC for the fourth, or maybe we will all meet in Paris for the 500 celebration.smile

Then you would be 10 days early. Not for the 500 celebration but for the Bastille Day which is on July 14th.

Posted: 06 July 2010 10:05 PM #5

This country is soooo screwed.  Watch THIS.

:apple:

Posted: 06 July 2010 11:17 PM #6

MacCube - 07 July 2010 01:05 AM

This country is soooo screwed.  Watch THIS.

:apple:

2 words, public education. My favorite was the college professor who said 1922 for our independence. rolleyes

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 07 July 2010 12:07 AM #7

mbeauch:  From all your truly negative postings, I think it is YOU who don’t like this country.  Take your own advice!

By the way, ultra-leftist Seattle had a terrific July 4 fireworks that made all of us on the left northwest coast extremely proud to be Americans, with an administration that we can be proud of.  I also was thrilled to see military aircraft zooming low over Tacoma on the Fourth.  There were parades everywhere, and I even saw a toddler wearing a red, white, and blue outfit that would have make one of my great “little pictures.”  Alas, I was driving and couldn’t stop.

The only downer was going in a Best Buy to see an iPad and the new iPhone.  But they didn’t have an Apple mini-store and they haven’t received any of the new iPhones.  Oh well.