Apple Retail Store Experiences (Archive)

Posted: 05 September 2010 10:08 PM #46

Mercel - 05 September 2010 11:03 PM

Too late.  Where are you headed next?  London?  Paris?  Monaco?  I officially pronounce you as Apple’s Retail Store Goodwill Ambassador. 

McDonald’s had Ronald McDonald: It’s fitting that Apple has a new mascot:  The Sponge!  :-D

I may be in SF and for sure in Monterey in two weeks. 8-) golf

Lots of pre planned trips.  This trip is recon for our 300 party in spring of next year. :-D   Like end of March when we come back from our ski trip to Snowbird. Isee 300 then contrary to DT.

Noticed that the iPad and iPhone case vendors in the mall are everywhere.  They seem busy.

Posted: 19 September 2010 03:16 PM #47

The sponge is in the Apple Store in Monterey.  The store has only been open for 12 minutes on a Sunday morning and it is about 1/4 full. 

I had to buy a new Cassette iPod connection for my car.  We checked out the new iPod Nano.  My 9 year old said I want one of these.  Mind you she has the older 2 year Nano and an old iPhone.  I think the Nano’s will be a big hit this Christmas.

My kids were not impressed with the touch.  They felt it looked the same as the old iPod touch.  Apple needs to figure out a way to demo the FaceTime hands on rather then using video commercials.  I think it will help sell them better to those who don’t see the difference from the old ones.

No more updates from me on Apple stores until Nov when I will be in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving.

Lets get more AFB members to visit local stores.

Update:  talked to an associate who said she had been working there since the store opened 2 years ago.  They have been very busy and selling everything well, with a very strong back to school season.  I found my wife looking at the new Nano’s and I asked her if she liked them. She rolled her eyes like “obviously”. She wants hers engraved. So this year I will have to buy three Nano’s since I need a new one as well.  It may force me to get back into running and lose some weight for Vegas.smile

[ Edited: 19 September 2010 03:33 PM by omacvi ]      
  • Posted: 19 September 2010 03:20 PM #48

omacvi - 19 September 2010 06:16 PM

The sponge is in the Apple Store in Monterey.  The store has only been open for 12 minutes on a Sunday morning and it is about 1/4 full. 

I had to buy a new Cassette iPod connection for my car.  We checked out the new iPod Nano.  My 9 year old said I want one of these.  Mind you she has the older 2 year Nano and an old iPhone.  I think the Nano’s will be a big hit this Christmas.

My kids were not impressed with the touch.  They felt it looked the same as the old iPod touch.  Apple needs to figure out a way to demo the FaceTime hands on rather then using video commercials.  I think it will help sell them better to those who don’t see the difference from the old ones.

No more updates from me on Apple stores until Nov when I will be in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving.

Lets get more AFB members to visit local stores.

Sponge, You travel like Tumi luggage: You are everywhere.  And I agree, I’m not impressed with the new Touch either.

• Posted: 19 September 2010 03:57 PM #49

In the FWIW department, the Apple Store in Bellevue was packed this morning.  Of course, the new Microsoft retail store down the way 200 steps is getting very close to launch, and it dwarfs the Apple store, at least in square footage terms.  If MS wants to compete for customers, it would do well to put Macs in it.  :-D

Posted: 19 September 2010 04:22 PM #50

Was in the Apple store in Norfolk downtown on 9/12. No surprise it was packed on a rainy Sunday. They need to do something about the two low level macs for kids sandwiched between the rest of the floor, the accessories, and the genius bar - those poor little kids were getting run over, and fighting over the two machines.

The staff looked a bit frazzled, but still upbeat. I picked up the new nano, amazing. Tidewater macheads all seem to get it: Apple is the future.

Signature

Use your powers for good.

• Posted: 19 September 2010 04:23 PM #51

Mercel - 19 September 2010 06:57 PM

In the FWIW department, the Apple Store in Bellevue was packed this morning.  Of course, the new Microsoft retail store down the way 200 steps is getting very close to launch, and it dwarfs the Apple store, at least in square footage terms.  If MS wants to compete for customers, it would do well to put Macs in it.  :-D

Ah, ok so it’s not open yet then? I’m sure that they will be bribing innocent young things with a Justing Beiber appearance or sommat, so they will get the queues no doubt on opening day. The problem is that Apple gets queues on opening day because of what they actually have for sale, not because they can get free tickets to see artists and bands they can go and twitter about or add stuff to Facebook, Microsoft really doesn’t get it.

For those of us who live within driving distance of an Apple Store / MS Store showdown mall… How are the MS Stores holding up these days?

Signature

• Posted: 19 September 2010 05:06 PM #52

Nice video of a new Italy store opening in Torino, courtesy of PED

• Posted: 19 September 2010 05:15 PM #53

rattyuk - 19 September 2010 07:23 PM

Ah, ok so it’s not open yet then? I’m sure that they will be bribing innocent young things with a Justing Beiber appearance or sommat, so they will get the queues no doubt on opening day. The problem is that Apple gets queues on opening day because of what they actually have for sale, not because they can get free tickets to see artists and bands they can go and twitter about or add stuff to Facebook, Microsoft really doesn’t get it.

Getting close.  I suspect we’ll see some MS employees masquerading as customers, PC’ers looking for free swag and the curious.  Maybe Ballmer will put on his “Developers crazy act” and yell “Customers!  Customers!  Customers!  In case you missed Ballmer’s video spectacular

• Posted: 19 September 2010 05:46 PM #54

Mercel - 19 September 2010 08:15 PM

Maybe Ballmer will put on his “Developers crazy act” and yell “Customers!  Customers!  Customers!

Oh, he’s looking for customers now? :D

Signature

• Posted: 19 September 2010 05:51 PM #55

rattyuk - 19 September 2010 08:46 PM
    Mercel - 19 September 2010 08:15 PM

Maybe Ballmer will put on his “Developers crazy act” and yell “Customers!  Customers!  Customers!

Oh, he’s looking for customers now? :D

He looks but doesn’t touch.  grin

• Posted: 19 September 2010 07:15 PM #56

My kids were not impressed with the touch.  They felt it looked the same as the old iPod touch.  Apple needs to figure out a way to demo the FaceTime hands on rather then using video commercials.

Maybe they could let the kids make FaceTime calls to Santa for the Holiday Season. :grinsanta:

Posted: 19 September 2010 07:51 PM #57

I had to buy a new Cassette iPod connection for my car. 

It may force me to get back into running and lose some weight for Vegas.smile

Ok, I had to do a double take on this. You have a cassette player in your car? Do you have a Members Only jacket also? :-D

To the second observation, losing weight for Vegas. Are you serious? I figured you to be fairly skinny with a square head. LOL

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 19 September 2010 09:59 PM #58

mbeauch - 19 September 2010 10:51 PM

I figured you to be fairly skinny with a square head. LOL

He retains a lot of water!  :oh: 

:apple:

Posted: 20 September 2010 12:37 AM #59

mbeauch - 19 September 2010 10:51 PM

I had to buy a new Cassette iPod connection for my car. 

It may force me to get back into running and lose some weight for Vegas.smile

Ok, I had to do a double take on this. You have a cassette player in your car? Do you have a Members Only jacket also? :-D

To the second observation, losing weight for Vegas. Are you serious? I figured you to be fairly skinny with a square head. LOL

I have a 2003 sequoia with cassette deck and I could lose 15 pounds to look extra sexy while walking on the strip. It will help my skiing and golf game as well.

• Posted: 20 September 2010 01:14 AM #60

omacvi - 20 September 2010 03:37 AM

I have a 2003 sequoia with cassette deck and I could lose 15 pounds to look extra sexy while walking on the strip. It will help my skiing and golf game as well.

Lol.  Like a younger Paul Newman eh?  Uh, I knew Paul Newman.  Paul was a friend of mine.  Sponge, you’re no Paul Newman.  :-D