Other smartphones and their antenna…

• Posted: 20 July 2010 07:41 AM

Well…
    whadayaknow… you just smashed your awesome iPhone 4 because some bunghole wrote that the antenna picksup signals from Mars.
    Let’s be cool let’s get that hyped Android thing….not from space….wait….let’s read the manual! Always a good thing…. but wait…uhmm WTF? times 2….

Eat this…. you brainless blogretards….

• Posted: 20 July 2010 07:57 AM #1

So….Sh$t…..that sucked…you know what??? I go for Nokia…Reliable european stuff…nordic….must be good. Besides..a lot of trees down there so reception should be good…. well…what works there should work here right?  Just to be shure….read manual….arggh…it’s not in Finnish…nice….BUT WAIT!!!! What is this??? WTF???

:eg:

• Posted: 20 July 2010 08:12 AM #2

hmmm….let me see….this maybe, htc….

Oops….

Posted: 20 July 2010 10:52 AM #3

You should offer this for an Engadget article.  This stuff needs to be spread all over the internet.  Good work MacB.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

• Posted: 20 July 2010 10:58 AM #4

Worth checking out:

http://dontholditwrong.tumblr.com/

Signature

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:01 AM #5

Let’s try this…uhhhh never mind…

Posted: 20 July 2010 11:04 AM #6

Edit each post & put the name of the mfgr for each image.

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:04 AM #7

hahahah..i win….. bought a Sony…..this will teach them, arrogant applefanboys….

on the other hand….

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:05 AM #8

NatasRevol - 20 July 2010 02:04 PM

the image or the brand of the phone/manual?

Posted: 20 July 2010 11:14 AM #9

MacB - 20 July 2010 02:05 PM

the image or the brand of the phone/manual?

Sorry, I meant post the brand/model for each image you posted.

Also, much better to have an antenna issue that can be fixed with Scotch tape than video & screen issues.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/19/some-droid-x-handsets-have-defective-screens-video/

Screen-gate!!!!

Posted: 20 July 2010 11:16 AM #10

Also quite interesting: Videos showing BlackBerry ?death grip? removed from YouTube

Earlier today, Electonista posted two videos of RIM?s soon to be released BlackBerry 9800 that showed the death grip in action. The funny thing is, the videos weren?t posted to show the death grip phenomena, it just kind of happened during the demo.

[ Edited: 20 July 2010 11:19 AM by Elmar ]      
  • Posted: 20 July 2010 11:17 AM #11

Let’s compile a list:  Take your phone manual and scan the relevant page on the antenna.  We can then forward to PED.  It’s a great story.  If MacB needs help, I’m decent at sizing images for a compelling summary by handset manufacturer.

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:21 AM #12

Mercel - 20 July 2010 02:17 PM

Let’s compile a list:  Take your phone manual and scan the relevant page on the antenna.  We can then forward to PED.  It’s a great story.  If MacB needs help, I’m decent at sizing images for a compelling summary by handset manufacturer.

well don’t give me too much credit for this one guys….most of the images are already on the net…i made one from an online manual that i came across…thing is: this needs to get out…it’s a technology issue NOT an brand and/or phonetype issue….that is the point.
    After all is said and done the iPhone 4 is the BEST phone.period.

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:27 AM #13

Someone has already started on this idea:

http://dontholditwrong.tumblr.com/

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:42 AM #14

Videos showing BlackBerry ?death grip? removed from YouTube | The Loop

http://www.loopinsight.com/2010/07/19/videos-showing-blackberry-death-grip-removed-from-youtube/

Google has the power to control information according to its interests. Is not that a real legal problem?
    That probably why Google is learning from China!

• Posted: 20 July 2010 11:47 AM #15

We need to spread this ASAP….just let the world know that most (smart)phones are affected…not just the iPhone 4

[ Edited: 20 July 2010 11:52 AM by MacB ]