iPad PDF Viewers

• Posted: 05 August 2010 03:55 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum, so please let me know.  First, does anyone know of a PDF reader for the iPad that permits annotations and highlighting? Second, along similar lines, does anyone know of a handwriting app, such as Penultimate, that permits importing, say, a text document? I’m looking for a way to draft questions for my clients (via word processor) but then take down responses in handwriting (rather than by typing, which can be a little distracting for all involved).

Thanks.

[ Edited: 27 September 2013 09:58 AM by Intruder ]      

Posted: 12 August 2010 11:28 PM #1

Xwintelslave - 05 August 2010 06:55 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum, so please let me know.  First, does anyone know of a PDF reader for the iPad that permits annotations and highlighting? Second, along similar lines, does anyone know of a handwriting app, such as Penultimate, that permits importing, say, a text document? I’m looking for a way to draft questions for my clients (via word processor) but then take down responses in handwriting (rather than by typing, which can be a little distracting for all involved).

Thanks.

Could look at Noterize.  Think it is 2.99.  Should do what your looking for.  iBooks supports PDF reading but not the handwritten notes.

• Posted: 02 March 2011 09:24 AM #2

Hi Xwintelslave!

GoodReader is the one you’re looking for. Its latest version now supports annotations and highlighting. I’ve been using this app for almost a year now and I’ve always been satisfied with its performance. I think it’s the best and most reliable PDF reader out there for the iPad. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goodreader-for-ipad/id363448914?mt=8

Unfortunately, I don’t know any handwriting app that allows you to import text documents. I use Note Taker HD, but I think it only lets you import PDF files. Here’s a link in case you want to learn more about this product: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/note-taker-hd/id366572045?mt=8

Hope that helps! smile

• Posted: 02 March 2011 11:37 AM #3

Goodreader is nice and certainly powerful, but my favorite for PDF annotations is still iAnnotate.  I used to to do all my notes on at an 8 day convention last summer, and it worked great.  It has only improved since then, with Dropbox integration, etc.

Todd

Xwintelslave - 05 August 2010 06:55 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum, so please let me know.  First, does anyone know of a PDF reader for the iPad that permits annotations and highlighting?

• Posted: 02 March 2011 11:43 AM #4

I have used both iAnnotate and GoodReader. Early on, Goodreader had better dropbox integration (easier to get Docs on and off the iPad) but iAnnotate had more versatile markups.  Once GoodReader’s ability to mark up was improved, I switched back to that.  Now that I see iAnnotate has a better dropbox interface, I suppose I’ll give it a second look as well.  For what it’s worth, there’s a Mac App called phoneview which works with iPad and iPhone to drag and drop docs on and off the devices like a USB device instead of the still klunky iTunes interface.  pp

Signature

Will everyone who believes in telekinesis please raise my hand.

• Posted: 02 March 2011 11:44 AM #5

I have used both iAnnotate and GoodReader. Early on, Goodreader had better dropbox integration (easier to get Docs on and off the iPad) but iAnnotate had more versatile markups.  Once GoodReader’s ability to mark up was improved, I switched back to that.  Now that I see iAnnotate has a better dropbox interface, I suppose I’ll give it a second look as well.  For what it’s worth, there’s a Mac App called phoneview which works with iPad and iPhone to drag and drop docs on and off the devices like a USB device instead of the still klunky iTunes interface.

Signature

Will everyone who believes in telekinesis please raise my hand.

• Posted: 25 September 2013 12:02 AM #6

Hello
    Here is my idea for your question:
    if you want to create a pdf viewer for your ipad,you can take a look at this pdf reader which i have used for a long time.I believe you will love it.And it also support to annotate pdf files or other pdf
    process issues.Hope to help you.

[ Edited: 25 September 2013 12:06 AM by Abigail111 ]