AAPL At $400 Per Share By May: Here’s Why

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:01 PM #91

Mercel - 17 September 2010 01:54 AM

... AAPL has BIG MO, and remember, the trend is your friend…

Problem is indices look toppy and market internals are bad.  If S&P can scale above 1130 convincingly, it could tumble towards 1040.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:03 PM #92

Ah, but what about this Levy person’s report I heard about today?

I don’t think it affects AAPL, anyway.  Far as I can tell, people are realizing that the world’s NOT going to hell in a handbasket despite everything that’s happened.  Not yet, anyway.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 16 September 2010 11:13 PM #93

Mav - 17 September 2010 02:03 AM

I don’t think it affects AAPL, anyway.  Far as I can tell, people are realizing that the world’s NOT going to hell in a handbasket despite everything that’s happened.  Not yet, anyway.

That, and bond returns suck eggs.  And it’s time to give props to Doug Kass who called the low recently—he’s a rock star. 

That doesn’t mean we won’t see some backpedaling here after this run, but Oct. earnings will be huge for AAPL.  Great day in the market.  My account has never been higher.

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:33 PM #94

Great job Mercel.

I am not selling anything options or shares in any company I have a stake in. I don’t count the small stake in ORCL I picked up this afternoon. I will sell them in the morning and buy back the AAPL shares I sold to make that stupid move.

We are all responsible for our own accounts and there is no way you are going to get me out of AAPL right now. I have been on this ride many times before and I do not want to run the risk of being whipsawed out of shares. If someone is not careful they could miss out on a $12-$15 move. IMO we will see $300 before Oct earnings announcement. If we can get over 279 with conviction I think the next step is rather quick (303). You will also not catch me trying to pluck $3 from AAPL, the ROI is just not worth it.

Sponge, please, please be careful here.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:45 PM #95

I’m at a serious waffle point myself - I wouldn’t mind taking some off the table within the next couple weeks.  But as trying as Sep-Oct might be, AAPL’s having insanely great Q4 2010 numbers is as close to a sure thing as it gets.  Whenever there’s a gap in the market’s belief and AAPL’s actual performance (the good ol’ “imperfect information” scenario), and this gap could be historic, there’s possible opportunity to be had.  One way or another, I won’t miss it, win or lose.

[ Edited: 16 September 2010 11:47 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 16 September 2010 11:53 PM #96

mbeauch - 17 September 2010 02:33 AM

We are all responsible for our own accounts and there is no way you are going to get me out of AAPL right now. I have been on this ride many times before and I do not want to run the risk of being whipsawed out of shares. If someone is not careful they could miss out on a $12-$15 move. IMO we will see $300 before Oct earnings announcement.

I did a double take to be sure this post came from Mark. You’re giving me whiplash, buddy.  LOL

$300 is inevitable and long overdue. Had Apple not drawn down 3GS channel inventory so aggressively in the June quarter we’d be there already. It’s taken awhile for the shares to regain momentum.

As Mark said we’ve all been on this ride before. $300 is coming soon. The ride to $400 per share might be a bit colorful with interesting scenery along the way.

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:59 PM #97

Scenery not unlike being trapped in a shaken snow globe?  wink

Many of us AAPL investors have been as “beat up” as Apple the company is (per Steve Jobs, anyway).  But with some luck and caution, we tend to get some nice gains at the end of the day.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 September 2010 12:43 AM #98

DawnTreader - 17 September 2010 02:53 AM

I did a double take to be sure this post came from Mark. You’re giving me whiplash, buddy.  LOL

As Mark said we’ve all been on this ride before. $300 is coming soon. The ride to $400 per share might be a bit colorful with interesting scenery along the way.

Why, I thought we would have gotten to $300 after July earnings. To think that the June qtr was just a waste still puzzles me. I am sure I could find a post where I stated that I have never been a believer in the “double-dip”. (keep it clean people)

I am willing to take my chances with AAPL right now. I know I am not usually eager to tout AAPL as unstoppable to a particular number, Dec 07 taught me that lesson, but the ipad in China alone should push us to our goal.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 17 September 2010 12:48 AM #99

mbeauch - 17 September 2010 03:43 AM
    DawnTreader - 17 September 2010 02:53 AM

Why, I thought we would have gotten to $300 after July earnings. To think that the June qtr was just a waste still puzzles me. I am sure I could find a post where I stated that I have never been a believer in the “double-dip”. (keep it clean people)

I am willing to take my chances with AAPL right now. I know I am not usually eager to tout AAPL as unstoppable to a particular number, Dec 07 taught me that lesson, but the ipad in China alone should push us to our goal.

Again, I think the aggressive drawn down of 3GS channel stock in the latter half of the June quarter cost the shares momentum. I’m not complaining. There was enough good news to propel the shares to $300 in July. This upswing is coming two months later than I expected yet the move to $300 should come sooner rather than later. I had expected a strong move higher closer to earnings.

• Posted: 18 September 2010 05:20 PM #100

Mace - 17 September 2010 12:08 AM
    DawnTreader - 16 September 2010 10:46 PM

At today’s closing price of $276.57, we’re moving closer to my $300 price target for November and inching along nicely to $400 per share by early May.

If AAPL continues to appreciate like today for three days, AAPL would be $300 on next Wednesday.

We won’t see $300 per share by next Wednesday, but it will come soon enough. My $400 per share by early May 2011 forecast is looking all the more reasonable with each uptick in the share price.

• Posted: 24 September 2010 01:05 AM #101

DawnTreader - 16 September 2010 10:46 PM

At today’s closing price of $276.57, we’re moving closer to my $300 price target for November and inching along nicely to $400 per share by early May.

The move from 300 to $400 per share (or $288.92 to $400) may be easier and faster than the move from $200 to $300. In percentage terms alone, it’s less of a jump.