postsateventide.com

• Posted: 18 September 2010 03:50 PM

Everyone:

Due to the increasing traffic at my Posts At Eventide blog site and to protect the name, I secured a custom domain name for the presence.

My blog can now be found at: postsateventide.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thank you. Traffic to the old blogspot pages will be automatically redirected to the new domain.

Robert

Posted: 18 September 2010 03:55 PM #1

Get to work Robert, your most recent post comes up as Sept 11. LOL

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 18 September 2010 04:04 PM #2

mbeauch - 18 September 2010 06:55 PM

Get to work Robert, your most recent post comes up as Sept 11. LOL

Be patient, amigo.  grin

I’ve been working on my iPad companion site.

• Posted: 18 September 2010 05:40 PM #3

My new iPad blog will debut in the next few days. This device is in its nascent stage of commercial development and it has the potential to redone personal computing for the next several years. I’m extraordinarily bullish on the iPad and due to its early success my price target of $400 per share by May 2011 is looking all the more reasonable.

• Posted: 19 September 2010 05:28 AM #4

DawnTreader - 18 September 2010 08:40 PM

My new iPad blog will debut in the next few days. This device is in its nascent stage of commercial development and it has the potential to redone personal computing for the next several years. I’m extraordinarily bullish on the iPad and due to its early success my price target of $400 per share by May 2011 is looking all the more reasonable.

No, your target is not looking reasonable. It’s looking conservative!

What happens to the estimates if Apple is selling 4- 5 million ipads per month next quarter?

Signature

Inflation robs from the past, deflation robs from the future. Pick your poison.

• Posted: 19 September 2010 03:42 PM #5

jeffi - 19 September 2010 08:28 AM

What happens to the estimates if Apple is selling 4- 5 million ipads per month next quarter?

I’ll let you know as soon as Apple makes that many to sell.  grin

Posted: 19 September 2010 07:41 PM #6

12-15 mil ipads for next qtr, now that sounds like wager. Wanna bet? :-D

Signature

• Posted: 19 September 2010 07:54 PM #7

mbeauch - 19 September 2010 10:41 PM

My optimistic forecast may be off by a quarter or constrained by supply issues. In any event, I’m betting on this in the stock market. I believe I’ll get a better payout there then I would from you. Besides, I don’t want your money when I can get theirs.

Signature

Posted: 19 September 2010 09:32 PM #8

jeffi - 19 September 2010 10:54 PM

My optimistic forecast may be off by a quarter or constrained by supply issues. In any event, I’m betting on this in the stock market. I believe I’ll get a better payout there then I would from you. Besides, I don’t want your money when I can get theirs.

How is that? if you win from me you get a 100% gain.

Why is it that you don’t want my money? Is it not good enough for you? what is wrong with a friendly wager? I am not going to beg you for a wager, I just thought your response was puzzling. :bugeyed:

Signature

• Posted: 19 September 2010 10:06 PM #9

mbeauch - 20 September 2010 12:32 AM
    jeffi - 19 September 2010 10:54 PM

How is that? if you win from me you get a 100% gain.

Why is it that you don’t want my money? Is it not good enough for you? what is wrong with a friendly wager? I am not going to beg you for a wager, I just thought your response was puzzling. :bugeyed:

It’s not an even money bet. If I’m right can get a much higher return by buying out of the money calls.

Signature

• Posted: 19 September 2010 10:08 PM #10

There were only 3 million iPads sold the first quarter despite a few weeks of pre-orders from March already in the can. How do we get to 4-5 million per month in the fall? I think our excitement is getting out of hand.

I’ll be happy to see just 6 million this quarter, and 9 million next quarter.

• Posted: 19 September 2010 10:20 PM #11

bick - 20 September 2010 01:08 AM

There were only 3 million iPads sold the first quarter despite a few weeks of pre-orders from March already in the can. How do we get to 4-5 million per month in the fall? I think our excitement is getting out of hand.

You will be happy, and I would make an even money bet that we will exceed 6 million this quarter.

Signature

• Posted: 20 September 2010 12:16 AM #12

jeffi - 20 September 2010 01:20 AM

You will be happy, and I would make an even money bet that we will exceed 6 million this quarter.

I’m looking at around six million units on the quarter. But I’d like to get some data on sales from the source.

I can see 9 million units in the December quarter, espcially if domestic distribution opens up for the holidays.

[ Edited: 20 September 2010 01:14 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 20 September 2010 01:00 AM #13

I just read your update at Eventide. I am convinced now that Apple is going to withhold numbers until the CC. No sense in giving the enemy any data points.

DT, you may want to edit the above post. I think you may have clipped in the wrong place. I have never known you to get into the wagers. :innocent:

Signature

• Posted: 20 September 2010 01:19 AM #14

mbeauch - 20 September 2010 04:00 AM

I just read your update at Eventide. I am convinced now that Apple is going to withhold numbers until the CC. No sense in giving the enemy any data points.

DT, you may want to edit the above post. I think you may have clipped in the wrong place. I have never known you to get into the wagers. :innocent:

Mark: Thanks for the note. That’s what I get for posting from a Windows box at an off-site location :wink:

I fixed the quote box.

I just activated 3G on the iPad and I’m posting from it now.

With the external keyboard and 3G service, this is one heck of work-from-anywhere device.

Posted: 20 September 2010 01:30 AM #15

I know I am getting Tammy an ipad for Christmas, dang if I don’t want one. Her son wants one also. i will be really upset if the only person around here who does not have one is me. LOL  I don’t even know what I would do with the darn thing.  LOL

Signature