Awesome news… iPads are selling more wine…

• Posted: 22 September 2010 07:27 PM

New York Times is reporting:

At Bone?s, Atlanta?s most venerable steakhouse, a clubby place of oak paneling and white tablecloths, the gold-jacketed waiters now greet diners by handing them an iPad. It is loaded with the restaurant?s extensive wine list, holding detailed descriptions and ratings of 1,350 labels.

Since their debut six weeks ago, the gadgets have enthralled the (mostly male) customers at Bone?s. And to the astonishment of the restaurant?s owners, wine purchases shot up overnight ? they were nearly 11 percent higher per diner in the first two weeks compared with the previous three weeks, with no obvious alternative explanation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/15/dining/15ipad.html?_r=2

Signature

Posted: 22 September 2010 07:56 PM #1

rattyuk - 22 September 2010 10:27 PM

New York Times is reporting:

At Bone?s, Atlanta?s most venerable steakhouse, a clubby place of oak paneling and white tablecloths, the gold-jacketed waiters now greet diners by handing them an iPad. It is loaded with the restaurant?s extensive wine list, holding detailed descriptions and ratings of 1,350 labels.

Since their debut six weeks ago, the gadgets have enthralled the (mostly male) customers at Bone?s. And to the astonishment of the restaurant?s owners, wine purchases shot up overnight ? they were nearly 11 percent higher per diner in the first two weeks compared with the previous three weeks, with no obvious alternative explanation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/15/dining/15ipad.html?_r=2

Chartguy will be happy.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 September 2010 08:51 PM #2

I need more AAPL!!!    This devise will be used for everything. Amazing.

:apple:

• Posted: 22 September 2010 11:14 PM #3

I like iPads and I like wine. This is an excellent combination.  grin

I expect to see many more establishments seeking to connect themselves with this popular device. I can also see custom apps for restaurants for menu orders. Imagine sitting down at a restaurant and ordering dinner from an iPad.