AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 26 September 2010 06:46 PM

Time to get back at it.  grin

[ Edited: 02 October 2010 12:21 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 26 September 2010 06:49 PM #1

DawnTreader - 26 September 2010 09:46 PM

Time to get back at it.  grin

Question of the week is, do we get to $300 or scale back?

• Posted: 26 September 2010 06:56 PM #2

Question of the week, only if you are a trader.

Posted: 26 September 2010 07:00 PM #3

ncgo4 - 26 September 2010 09:56 PM

Question of the week, only if you are a trader.

Not necessarily. There’s been a fast rise, and a lot of AFB’ers are trying to juggle playing the earnings, preserving capital, and getting in on LEAPs (there were multiple threads devoted to these topics). I’m not a trader but certainly watching AAPL’s recent behavior with interest.

Posted: 26 September 2010 08:24 PM #4

I say this moves us up in the morning.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/china-unicom-says-iphone-4-supply-short-of-demand-2010-09-26

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 26 September 2010 08:57 PM #5

Futures are green.  http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures/

• Posted: 26 September 2010 08:58 PM #6

“C’mon 300 (as I frantically shake the dice), baby needs new shoes.”  :wink:

Posted: 26 September 2010 09:09 PM #7

DawnTreader - 26 September 2010 11:58 PM

I think baby is about to get a lot more than just a new pair of shoes!    tongue laugh

Good luck to us all!

:apple:

• Posted: 26 September 2010 11:21 PM #8

mbeauch - 26 September 2010 11:24 PM

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/china-unicom-says-iphone-4-supply-short-of-demand-2010-09-26

It could be worth $295 tomorrow. 

There’s enough time between now and earnings to see a pullback, but news like China and growing awareness of Q4 2010 earnings may limit any decline to a shallow one.  A lot can happen in three weeks though…

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:07 AM #9

Mercel - 27 September 2010 02:21 AM
    mbeauch - 26 September 2010 11:24 PM

It could be worth $295 tomorrow. 

There’s enough time between now and earnings to see a pullback, but news like China and growing awareness of Q4 2010 earnings may limit any decline to a shallow one.  A lot can happen in three weeks though…

Good grief Mercel, I was expecting to open at 295. tongue laugh

Party pooper. :-D

Signature

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:08 AM #10

DawnTreader - 26 September 2010 11:58 PM

Whoa whoa there.  I didn’t know you were the type to place side bets.  wink  Really, options?

ncg04, it’s like Roman said.  Some of us trade but don’t do so exclusively.  I sometimes buy common, sometimes LEAPs, I may consider buying short-term options on pullbacks, sometimes I hyperspeculate on earnings day.  AAPL is one of those stocks that, for better or worse, can lead to some options plays. 

Fiscal Q4 earnings promises to be fun, gutwrenching, satisfying, heartbreaking, or all of the above.

As for where AAPL goes tomorrow…if “all things are equal” world-news-wise, I agree, the iPhone 4 launch in China is reason enough for a nice gap up. 

Btw, the question remains open for discussion - was AAPL’s comparatively poor Friday performance a “correction” of sorts?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:31 AM #11

IMO it had more to do with the weekly options. Also, since the chart shows that we have not moved out of a 2% trading range, reigning in AAPL for a day was no big deal. I have not seen a reasonable trading day in AAPL in a while. These small incremental moves are a beauty to behold. :drool:

Signature

• Posted: 27 September 2010 12:38 AM #12

mbeauch - 27 September 2010 03:07 AM

Good grief Mercel, I was expecting to open at 295. tongue laugh

Party pooper. :-D

I don’t find China’s launch a big surprise, but maybe others whose focus is elsewhere will.  I think others could be looking past Monday and take some profits on a stock that has run $55 unabated.  If you asked me a month ago that we would be staring $300 in the face, I would have told you to lay off the sauce.  $280?  Yeah, maybe.  $300?  It’s both surprising and great.

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:41 AM #13

On the one hand, many of us probably missed the trading opportunity of a lifetime.  On the other hand, we know a good trend when we see it and can still capture some nice gains, being ahead of the AAPL knowledge curve.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 27 September 2010 12:52 AM #14

Mav - 27 September 2010 03:41 AM

On the one hand, many of us probably missed the trading opportunity of a lifetime.  On the other hand, we know a good trend when we see it and can still capture some nice gains, being ahead of the AAPL knowledge curve.

I was buying at $240.  I held more calls than I’ve ever owned.  And I’m grateful for the run.  I sold much of those purchases from $270 to $280.  Nonetheless, I’m still controlling more shares than I owned back in April - June with more cash in the bank today, largely from moving into options exclusively.  It’s a great time to own Apple…

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:55 AM #15

Mercel - 27 September 2010 03:52 AM
    Mav - 27 September 2010 03:41 AM

I was buying at $240.  I held more calls than I’ve ever owned.  And I’m grateful for the run.  I sold much of those purchases from $270 to $280.  Nonetheless, I’m still controlling more shares than I owned back in April - June with more cash in the bank today, largely from moving into options exclusively.  It’s a great time to own Apple…

Well, not all of us missed it.  wink  I was, well, waiting for AAPL to bob back to the surface.  Hopefully I may continue getting back to the business of continuing where I left off.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.