AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 01 October 2010 04:05 PM #226

Yes, Brazil, thank you (for the daily nut meats)  Fitting with your comment, the low hanging fruit for the shorts got picked in the 90’s and now its Johnny come latelys hoping against hope they don’t get squeezed Monday.  This is a very bad time to be short and I don’t blame them for being nervous as hell.  I sold most of my calls and am waiting, and will buy late next week, whether higher or lower.

Posted: 01 October 2010 04:11 PM #227

Now that the gubbament is done selling is Citi shares, C is in bottle rocket mode. Sweet.

642,000,000 shares serves so far.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 01 October 2010 04:23 PM #228

Mace - 01 October 2010 06:46 PM

BrazilNuts,

Thank you for the daily breads.  Would S&P break above 1150 (to test 1220) or crack below 1130 (to test 1040)?  Your best guess?

Thank you, for your daily breads. Strongly believe that fortune telling is for professionals. My personal take, if you get back on my posts and how my trading position was built, we would be penetrating 1150 on a hindsight. Was proved wrong by these second day fiasco, were the bearish voices becomes stronger.

As my trades are with common, risk is minimized as trading funds are separate from investment (long term, but active). Tend to be more aggressive than average on trading, that is the reason always give words of caution.

Not telling anyone what to do, on the contrary, the market is extremely dangerous and vulnerable over here. Support at 1130 can be tested and fail to lower support around 1120. There is more support under it but putting it on a very simple way, resistance also moves with it.

Not trying to get anyone to do my mistakes, is the reason not mentioned that added some AAPL at 181 and change today.

But trading is on the short term and views change daily, sometimes intraday for this purpose. My stops are tight and manually enforced. Only those that can withstand pain and have a lot of patience should be trading in this environment, specially with AAPL. Your safe approach echoes this stance.

If we are able to stay here at SPX 1147 at close or at or above 1144, good. If 1150 is penetrated and stands, bears will become very insecure, excellent. If we stand above 1130, around 1140 still no big damage done and a healthy correction is on the works.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 01 October 2010 05:03 PM #229

Monday we have Factory Orders and Pending Home Sales both at 10:00AM. Nothing close these last days of data shells falling all over.

Besides the Nasdaq, indexes finished well into the positive territory. The SPX closed at taking some of the bragging from the bears hands for the two-day fiasco on trying to go through 1150.

On the positive side, banks did well shrugging some of the blondish curse away. BAC, C, JPM did very well, Eric must be happier. V is still threading lower, but MA did well.

AAPL churned around $263.20, with spikes to $284 which showed resistance, closing at $282.52 making lower lows on this pullback. Nothing bad happening here as the stock was in need for some rest, same as me…

[ Edited: 01 October 2010 05:06 PM by BrazilNuts ]      
  • Posted: 01 October 2010 06:00 PM #230

BrazilNuts - 01 October 2010 05:57 PM

Today is the day of the official market launch of the new Apple TV at $99 but only 8GB memory. Believe this is the beginning of another game changer from Apple, now at the living room and at Bloomberg there is praising it as such here

It is still hard to get by the new Apple TV as still backorder at Apple?s store. However look forward to getting one.

Not sure I understand what you meant by “only 8GB memory” ... the new Apple TV does not have a hard drive.

I would imagine the lack of one is part of their long term strategy with regards to cloud computing ... I’m hoping that there will be some kind of big announcement soon regarding their new data center.  Until then I’m considering picking up one of the old Apple TV’s since they are blowing them out.  My original Apple TV came with a paltry 40GB drive : (

[ Edited: 01 October 2010 06:03 PM by Gtrplyr ]      

Posted: 01 October 2010 06:23 PM #231

Gtrplyr - 01 October 2010 09:00 PM
    BrazilNuts - 01 October 2010 05:57 PM

Today is the day of the official market launch of the new Apple TV at $99 but only 8GB memory. Believe this is the beginning of another game changer from Apple, now at the living room and at Bloomberg there is praising it as such here

It is still hard to get by the new Apple TV as still backorder at Apple?s store. However look forward to getting one.

Not sure I understand what you meant by “only 8GB memory” ... the new Apple TV does not have a hard drive.

I would imagine the lack of one is part of their long term strategy with regards to cloud computing ... I’m hoping that there will be some kind of big announcement soon regarding their new data center.  Until then I’m considering picking up one of the old Apple TV’s since they are blowing them out.  My original Apple TV came with a paltry 40GB drive : (

The tear-down is here. It is awesome inside for the price that carries. It does have 8GB flash RAM for local storage sufficient for a couple of HD movies in it. There is space next to it to add another flash RAM. It will probably be also jailbreakable, but adding stuff to it takes away portability (more below). Look at the ad from ATV Flash here in the forum for info on this if you don?t want to do the geek work.

Still find the older model useful to store music and videos (a lot of them on 160 GB). Jailbreaking there are even more goodies, like using the USB port for additional storage and attaching a keyboard for navigating on the internet and a lot more. This is an appliance connected always to my receiver as a substitute to dvd, CD player, on demand receiver, Blockbuster, Netflix, TiVo and others.

[ Edited: 01 October 2010 06:26 PM by BrazilNuts ]