AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:33 PM #31

This sucker just refuses to give in. smile

Placed a bid for some 2013 $300 calls.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:43 PM #32

Gray, It sounds to me like you placed it to close to the close. Fidelity’s system must have shown 4:00. I use Fidelity and Ameritrade and the only time I ever have a problem is if the market is in chaos. I do not see you having a gripe with Fidelity and I do not think you will get anything resolved.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 27 September 2010 12:58 PM #33

incorrigible - 27 September 2010 03:33 PM

This sucker just refuses to give in. smile

Placed a bid for some 2013 $300 calls.

I dunno.  I’m wanting to make a little more on the run to $300 on what I own, but then wait until after the volatility crush at earnings before buying any more options.

• Posted: 27 September 2010 01:10 PM #34

NatasRevol - 27 September 2010 02:15 PM

I saw these numbers last night and didn’t believe them, but here they are.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2010/tc20100926_023792.htm

Apple estimated to have 21% of the mobile ad market.  Same as Google. As much as everyone else combined.

I have yet to encounter an iAd. I recall seeing some prototype iAds early on, but on my iPhone I must lack the proper apps to be a target.

Posted: 27 September 2010 01:15 PM #35

willrob - 27 September 2010 04:10 PM
    NatasRevol - 27 September 2010 02:15 PM

I saw these numbers last night and didn’t believe them, but here they are.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2010/tc20100926_023792.htm

Apple estimated to have 21% of the mobile ad market.  Same as Google. As much as everyone else combined.

I have yet to encounter an iAd. I recall seeing some prototype iAds early on, but on my iPhone I must lack the proper apps to be a target.

Same here.  That’s why I don’t believe the numbers. But I guess with the sheer number of apps being sold, it’s possible.  Still, app views should be much, much less than web views.  But possibly/probably much higher revenue?

Posted: 27 September 2010 03:43 PM #36

Heading to the last hour, AAPL is threading on a wider range from flat to positive with an upward bias. Tested at least half dozen times $294 to retreat lower.

The SPX is not doing much, testing resistance at 1148-149 and flopping around. Would like to see it breaking out of 1150. The DJIA is a bit positive now, however traded pretty much flat as the rest of the market.

Does not look like that the market is breaking down, just flattish after the big surprising move Friday.

Watching closely the SPX and holding into small gains today on AAPL.

Posted: 27 September 2010 03:52 PM #37

BrazilNuts - 27 September 2010 06:43 PM

Heading to the last hour, AAPL is threading on a wider range from flat to positive with an upward bias. Tested at least half dozen times $294 to retreat lower.

The SPX is not doing much, testing resistance at 1148-149 and flopping around. Would like to see it breaking out of 1150. The DJIA is a bit positive now, however traded pretty much flat as the rest of the market.

Does not look like that the market is breaking down, just flattish after the big surprising move Friday.

BN - Thanks for your regular market/AAPL commentary.  Much appreciated.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 27 September 2010 03:57 PM #38

incorrigible - 27 September 2010 06:52 PM
    BrazilNuts - 27 September 2010 06:43 PM

BN - Thanks for your regular market/AAPL commentary.  Much appreciated.

Happy you find it useful.

Posted: 27 September 2010 04:00 PM #39

Hmmm…

At the WSJ, SPY appears as top of the list for Buying on Weakness, AAPL tops the list of Selling on Strength.

Posted: 27 September 2010 04:10 PM #40

At Real Money, Ken Shreve posted earlier today AAPL deserves to sell at premium to their peers, even though it is not happening. AAPL “still seem downright cheap” based on future growth prospects”. Surprised why AAPL “current P-E at 22x trailing earnings and 17x forward earnings doesn’t get more play”.

Posted: 27 September 2010 05:16 PM #41

No reason for panic.

A bout of profit taking hit on the last hour of the trading session. This is what happens to an overextended and overbought market that lacks catalysts. Volume was thin throughout the session to close, no panic selling whatsoever. The SPX held at close @1142.25 which is fine.

The financials have felt a lot of pain lately and are being a drag for the markets. My contrarian spirit is humming that for the banks this is probably too far and time to start buying (C,JPM,BAC someone?). We will know soon enough.

This is the first time AAPL did not make a higher high on weeks and showed an opportunity to sell high and buy lower. AAPL just followed today the indexes. Coincidentally it finished -0.44 as the DJIA. Loaded up some more shares.

Tomorrow housing with the Case-Shiller 20-city index and Consumer Confidence at 9:00AM and 10AM respectively.

Posted: 27 September 2010 05:25 PM #42

The BB developer keynote has started maybe we’ll see the Blackpad

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/27/live-from-the-blackberry-developer-conference-2010-keynote/

Posted: 27 September 2010 05:29 PM #43

Consumer confidence should be fun, and not in a good way.  Question is if the market will care.

Agreed, no reason for concern for AAPL, it’s hardly down anything in the scheme of things.  I do wonder if AAPL will do some “wandering in the wilderness” vefore earnings without significant
    news or data points.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 September 2010 05:37 PM #44

Mav - 27 September 2010 08:29 PM

Consumer confidence should be fun, and not in a good way.  Question is if the market will care.

Agreed, no reason for concern for AAPL, it’s hardly down anything in the scheme of things.  I do wonder if AAPL will do some “wandering in the wilderness” vefore earnings without significant
    news or data points.

Mav, do you miss Ern? :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 27 September 2010 05:47 PM #45

mbeauch - 27 September 2010 08:37 PM
    Mav - 27 September 2010 08:29 PM

news or data points.

Mav, do you miss Ern? :innocent:

I’m not following; maybe I know what you’re getting at; I’m not gonna answer that question?  :innocent:

As for my original post, I’m just thinking out loud here.  I do options, so my mood is more affected by AAPL price swings.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.