From PED

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 22 October 2010 09:28 AM #1

yes, congratulations!!

Posted: 22 October 2010 10:39 AM #2

Congrats indeed!

Nothing short of a spectacular showing by the AFB contributors!
    Of course, why would anybody expect anything less?

Posted: 22 October 2010 11:04 AM #3

Your intelligent work has justly earned you my support and admiration.  Cheers!

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

• Posted: 22 October 2010 11:09 AM #4

Asymco.com is actually the first thing I check in the morning when I get into work… some of the best analysis regarding AAPL around.  A must read for anyone invested in AAPL stock, or thinking about investing in AAPL stock.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Posted: 22 October 2010 11:11 AM #5

Indeed.

I should have baked a cake.  Cheers, Horace !

Posted: 22 October 2010 11:27 AM #6

If it is true that a picture ( or graph or chart) is worth a thousand words, then Horace has produced some masterpieces worth millions of inadequate words.

Congrats

[ Edited: 22 October 2010 12:58 PM by Red Shirted Ensign ]

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 22 October 2010 11:36 AM #7

Your knowledge of the cell phone business has been a great addition to the forum and I really enjoy your commentary.  Here’s hoping your site revenue will pick up enough to allow you to do this full time.  It’s a long way from Finland to Las Vegas. (Distance from Las Vegas to Helsinki : 5405.2 Miles ( 8698.8 Kilometers / 4693.9 Nautical Miles ))  Hopefully you’ll be able to make it but I’d work on getting the boys to hold it in a little warmer month than January.  We Minnesotan’s appreciate the need for a little warmth in the Winter.
    Congratulations.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

• Posted: 22 October 2010 11:43 AM #8

Congratulations to Asymco and all the other Mac Observer contributors. Your thoughts have made my world richer and I thank you for it.

[ Edited: 22 October 2010 01:36 PM by FalKirk ]      

Posted: 22 October 2010 12:10 PM #9

Hear, Hear,

Great job fellow countryman. :-D

Posted: 22 October 2010 12:20 PM #10

The top four pop into AFB. Congratulations!

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 October 2010 12:46 PM #11

Thanks. This has been a lot of fun.

Signature

Read more at: Asymco Blog

• Posted: 22 October 2010 02:25 PM #12

JonathanU - 22 October 2010 02:09 PM

Asymco.com is actually the first thing I check in the morning when I get into work… some of the best analysis regarding AAPL around.  A must read for anyone invested in AAPL stock, or thinking about investing in AAPL stock.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Well said. I concur. Thanks Horrace!

Signature

Inflation robs from the past, deflation robs from the future. Pick your poison.

Posted: 22 October 2010 02:46 PM #13

JonathanU - 22 October 2010 02:09 PM

You should subscribe then (there’s an email subscription if, like me, you don’t use RSS)

Horace, well deserved - hope PED sends new traffic to you to become regulars.

Posted: 23 October 2010 11:02 PM #14

A sad paradox is that, even though the bloggers are more accurate, the Street ignores them and concentrates on the pros, thus promoting false numbers and setting inaccurate expectations and guidance, leading to a whole feedback loop of, IMO, under-performance of AAPL. But you have to go with the pros because they are, in a sense, the ones who set the tone, so to speak. Following the bloggers could thus, ironically, end up hurting an investor, since all the other lemmings don’t.

The bloggers are right, but you still can’t follow them. Kind of reminds me of,

Steve Jobs: “We’re better than you are! We have better stuff.”
    Bill Gates: “You don’t get it, Steve. That doesn’t matter!”

Then again, Gates ended up being wrong, eh? Perhaps some day the bloggers will be be vindicated when AAPL trades at the right p/e. I’d settle for Amazon’s. grin

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 23 October 2010 11:34 PM #15

asymco, you’ve gone about your work quietly, humbly and well from what I can see.  Congratulations!

Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition amongst the independent Apple analysts, as long as it stays friendly anyway.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.