10 million ipad Sales?

Posted: 04 November 2010 09:23 PM

Here is a couple of question for all you pundits:

1. If apple announces it when it happens - when will the 10 millionith ipad be sold?

2. Depending on the date of sale & announcement, will it be a positive or negative for the stock price?

Considering we were at 7m+ ipads at the end of September, should we not be approaching the 10 millionth ipad sold during November?

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 04 November 2010 09:45 PM #1

iOSWeekly - 05 November 2010 12:23 AM

1. If apple announces it when it happens - when will the 10 millionith ipad be sold?

2. Depending on the date of sale & announcement, will it be a positive or negative for the stock price?

Considering we were at 7m+ ipads at the end of September, should we not be approaching the 10 millionth ipad sold during November?

The first target of opportunity IMO would be with the release of iOS 4.2, we might get an announcement just to talk about 95% market share and 10M sold.  The announcement would be a positive for the stock as it shows sales are continuing at a robust pace and the supply issues are a thing of the past.

Posted: 04 November 2010 10:53 PM #2

I believe we are there now. With China and channel fill for Christmas, done deal. Now don’t go getting all hokey on me because I am thinking 6 mil for the qtr.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 04 November 2010 11:57 PM #3

It’s happened this week. I got the Ipad box with the golden ticket inside LOL

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 05 November 2010 01:24 AM #4

Red shirted ensign - 05 November 2010 02:57 AM

It’s happened this week. I got the Ipad box with the golden ticket inside LOL

You’re taking over Willy Wonka’s factory? Cool! Please invite me to the tour.  :wink:

In the meantime, I’m watching for any news on iPad shipments for the quarter.