AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 08 November 2010 10:53 PM #31

stkstalker - 09 November 2010 02:17 AM

... This is the first time in 5 years I have not directly owned any AAPL ...

Afraid of a small correction?  More like still have nightmares arising from 2007 the financial crisis.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:16 AM #32

Decided to sell all my AAPL at $319. Feel like there may be a small correction coming before a run into the end of the year. Almost all is in tax-free or tax-deferred accounts so no cap gains.
    Worst case is I buy back in at a higher price. Best case - a lot of dry powder smile

This is the first time in 5 years I have not directly owned any AAPL. Maybe I have a share or two via mutual funds

LOL, I hear you. Even if I sold my options and shares, my largest mutual fund holds a lot of AAPL.

https://www.americanfunds.com/funds/details.htm?fundNumber=5

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:19 AM #33

Decided to sell all my AAPL at $319. Feel like there may be a small correction coming before a run into the end of the year. Almost all is in tax-free or tax-deferred accounts so no cap gains.
    Worst case is I buy back in at a higher price. Best case - a lot of dry powder smile

This is the first time in 5 years I have not directly owned any AAPL. Maybe I have a share or two via mutual funds

Enjoy your gains (and lack of cap gains)!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:27 AM #34

I know the forum has been tense lately but Mercel, Billy and Dan seemed to have gone AWOL. Sad.

The Sponge is missing also.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 09 November 2010 02:06 AM #35

Tuesday

R4       327.41
      midpoint   325.91
    R3       324.40
      midpoint   322.90
    R2       321.39
      midpoint   320.70
    R1       320.01
      midpoint   319.20
    PP       318.38
      midpoint   317.69
    S1       317.00
      midpoint   316.19
    S2       315.37
      midpoint   313.87
    S3       312.36
      midpoint   310.86
    S4       309.35

Posted: 09 November 2010 02:07 AM #36

mbeauch - 09 November 2010 05:27 AM

I know the forum has been tense lately but Mercel, Billy and Dan seemed to have gone AWOL. Sad.

Hey I am here.  Just don’t have much to say.

What I should report is that I own as much Apple as etrade will allow me to buy.

On Friday a friend who I admire a great deal offered to help me with options.  He is very bullish on the market and thinks aapl will go along for the ride.  Sure we could have a 5% correction, but I now have a hard time seeing it.  Thursday’s move was very significant. 

It bodes well and I am on this train unless I am forced to jump off with margins calls.smile

Posted: 09 November 2010 02:14 AM #37

Futures are red. 

However, the sentiment in teh web is strong (except for Xserve which is mixed at best).

• Posted: 09 November 2010 02:54 AM #38

mbeauch - 09 November 2010 05:27 AM

Hey Mark,

I just returned from Thailand on vacation.  It was my first visit to Bangkok.  As part of my TMO research, the mall rivals just about anything I’ve seen, with more high-end retail than fashionistas can brag about it Bellevue, WA.  This Thai mall has a “premium” Apple Store in CenterWorld. But the exchange rate between the $ and the Thai baht prevented much shopping.  The breadth of accessories beats anything I’ve seen inside an Apple Store here.  I’ll post a pic tomorrow.  Of course, there were other sightseeing opportunities, if you know what I mean.  :-D   I skipped on baby piranhas in a tank for removing the dead skin from the bottom of my feet.

Great run with AAPL last week, and I peeled off 30 contracts as AAPL scaled $318.  I’m looking to reload at anything below $310.  If AAPL climbs from here, I will be fine with that!  All this talk about AAPL seeing $400 and even $500 is becoming mainstream and may be helping to put in a floor.

I’m quite bullish on the market after last week (Repub. rout and QE2).  I think any AAPL dips will be shallow between now and the end of the year, but this market shouldn’t let anyone relax.  I’m 50% invested.

Posted: 09 November 2010 03:56 AM #39

Mercel - 09 November 2010 06:54 AM

I just returned from Thailand on vacation.  It was my first visit to Bangkok ...

I’m about to propose Thailand as an alternative to Aruba!  Did you go to Chiang Mai?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 09 November 2010 08:32 AM #40

Tuesday morning and we see gold above $1422 an ounce and continued discussions on the issue of a gold standard for currencies. Silver is on fire trading higher by 4%. The greenback has softened overnight and Indexes Future are slightly up. This was also a very quiet night with little movement on the Globex. AAPL is starting to turn on the afterburners.

USDX 76.975 down -0.24%. Most major currencies are up against the dollar with the Euro 1.3956 up 0.27% and Yen 1.2401 up 0.68%.

S&P 500 1223.6 up 0.30%. Traded overnight between 1214.80 and 1,223.3

miniDJI 11,397 up 0.31%

NASDAQ 100 up 0.41%

AAPL $320 pre-PM, signaling a strong start. Kaufman dowgraded RIMM from buy to hold

Quote ” The brokerage is seeing strong indications that Google’s Android and Apple Inc’s iPhone are looking to extend their platforms into mid-range and low-end smartphones where RIM currently enjoys success with its Curve and Bold product families, particularly in global markets.” and added ““We agree with Steve Jobs in that it isn’t clear there is room for a third software platform besides (Apple’s) iOS and Android,” Wu said. end Quote

In this market that lacks selling, maybe today AAPL breaks out as being expected.

We may continue seeing more sideways movements as markets work out their overbought condition, this time with an upside bias. The dollar at this time is supportive of the market as it trends down. Let?s watch how later the market evolves with no catalysts and light on news.

Now for PM opening and later the bell.

Posted: 09 November 2010 08:44 AM #41

Hey Mark (and all) Im still around. Just been preoccupied. My grandfather had passed away 2 weeks ago so with traveling and family , didnt have much time to post lately. I was trying to stay up on my reading here and at sanity when I could though.
    Happy to see we will be hitting new highs today 8) Im still very heavy with options and shares.

Posted: 09 November 2010 09:04 AM #42

Weekly chain store sales are up.

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 09 November 2010 09:37 AM #43

LQQKS like AAPL will open at an all time high smile currently bid is $321!!!

Anyone know/guess what might be the catalyst? News?

Posted: 09 November 2010 09:53 AM #44

chiefthinker - 09 November 2010 01:37 PM

LQQKS like AAPL will open at an all time high smile currently bid is $321!!!

Anyone know/guess what might be the catalyst? News?

AAPL has been trading for a couple of days on a range and consolidating. Yesterday we were discussing a possible breakout to higher levels. The only news today, posted earlier is a downgrade for RIMM based on success of AAPL and GOOG phones.

Posted: 09 November 2010 10:07 AM #45

Willrob, I’d like to thank you for posting the support and resistance levels daily.  I take a screen shot and open in Preview and just keep it up in the corner.  It has been helping me steel myself everytime the shorts shake the tree, and helping me trade these narrow channels.  I plunged yesterday for 20 contracts, so today is sweet!  Thanks!