facetime on 2 1/2 Men

Posted: 08 November 2010 10:16 PM

On a new episode of 2 1/2 Men tonight I saw facetime actually used in a TV show. Apple and CBS have a very good relationship. Although the spot was not very long, but it was still effective. :apple:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 08 November 2010 11:33 PM #1

mbeauch - 09 November 2010 02:16 AM

On a new episode of 2 1/2 Men tonight I saw facetime actually used in a TV show. Apple and CBS have a very good relationship. Although the spot was not very long, but it was still effective. :apple:

Okay, I admit that I watch Mad Men (which reminds me of how we did business in the nineties), Breaking Bad and several Minnesota specific shows but 2 1/2 Men? Tell me that you were forced into it by Tammy and that secretly while you watched the show you wished you were out in the garage welding something.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 November 2010 11:40 PM #2

Eric Landstrom - 09 November 2010 03:33 AM
    mbeauch - 09 November 2010 02:16 AM

Okay, I admit that I watch Mad Men (which reminds me of how we did business in the nineties), Breaking Bad and several Minnesota specific shows but 2 1/2 Men? Tell me that you were forced into it by Tammy and that secretly while you watched the show you wished you were out in the garage welding something.

No, not at all. Funniest show on TV IMO. I actually got Tammy watching it. I was building a fence over the weekend so I got all my he-man stuff out of the way. She even likes college football. How great is that. After all this time you should realize that I like comedies.  LOL

Signature

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:13 AM #3

Saw it too Mark. Funny cause I’ve seen Charlie hold the iPhone upside down umpteen times over the last few years. Very cool placement.

OT: this show is on it’s last legs. The kid used to be funny but not now. Every joke is a sex joke, getting old IMO. One of the main writers, Mark Roberts spoke at my daughters graduation a few years ago. Very funny guy but the admins weren’t thrilled with his “language”. HA! What did they expect?

EL, love Mad Men. The cultural references are terrific, bring back a lot of memories. Just watched Art and Copy yesterday. Really interesting moive. The 2nd half seemed like a big Apple commercial grin

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:22 AM #4

ChasMac77 - 09 November 2010 05:13 AM

Saw it too Mark. Funny cause I’ve seen Charlie hold the iPhone upside down umpteen times over the last few years. Very cool placement.

OT: this show is on it’s last legs. The kid used to be funny but not now. Every joke is a sex joke, getting old IMO. One of the main writers, Mark Roberts spoke at my daughters graduation a few years ago. Very funny guy but the admins weren’t thrilled with his “language”. HA! What did they expect?

EL, love Mad Men. The cultural references are terrific, bring back a lot of memories. Just watched Art and Copy yesterday. Really interesting moive. The 2nd half seemed like a big Apple commercial grin

I agree it is on its last legs, but not for the reason you think. I have a bad feeling we are going to read about Charlie going to jail or killing someone or himself. Sad case but he is self destructing. This show saved his life at the beginning, but he has gone back to his obscene behavior. I think this will be the last season.

The ipad plug on Criminal Minds last week was really good.

Signature

• Posted: 09 November 2010 06:20 AM #5

Anyone here watch Entourage?  Apple is almost exclusively used throughout the show.  Seen a number of iPads floating around in the latest season, as well as a number of desktops.  One scene especially caught my eye; a lawyer is brought in to advise one of the main characters in the show, and on the conference room table was an iPad set up with a keyboard.  Thought that was a perfect example of how a mobile professional would use the iPad instead of a laptop…

All of this is great publicity for Apple given the demographic that watches the show…