Are You Planning on Upgrading to iOS 4.2?

Poll: Are You Planning on Upgrading to iOS 4.2?
Total Votes: 43
As soon as it’s available.
I’ll wait to see if there are problems.
I jailbreak, so no update for me.
To many changes I don’t like, so no update here.

Posted: 10 November 2010 11:07 AM

iOS 4.2 is due any day now, and it promises wireless video and audio streaming, wireless printing, and finally brings multi-tasking and app folders to the iPad. Are you planning on installing the update when it’s available?

Posted: 10 November 2010 11:40 AM #1

Like always, I upgrade ASAP.  It’s how I role.

Signature

Tron is cool

• Posted: 10 November 2010 11:43 AM #2

Immediately, damn the torpedoes.

Posted: 10 November 2010 12:07 PM #3

I got burned installing 4.0 on my 3GS so I will wait until the dust clears a bit.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 10 November 2010 12:29 PM #4

The battery life still blows on my 2nd Gen iPod Touch with iOS4, but I figure it can’t get worse so I’ll try it out before I try and go through the hoops to get it back to iOS3.

Signature

Less is More (more or less).

Posted: 10 November 2010 12:52 PM #5

I don’t like the “I jailbreak, so no update for me.” option. More accurate would be, “I jailbreak, so when it’s available for jailbreak.”

Posted: 10 November 2010 01:13 PM #6

I was so ancy I already put on a Gold Master I found, so…....

• Posted: 10 November 2010 09:07 PM #7

I have a first gen iPhone, so will not be updating

Posted: 22 November 2010 11:41 PM #8

Sir Harry Flashman - 10 November 2010 04:07 PM

I got burned installing 4.0 on my 3GS so I will wait until the dust clears a bit.

Same here, no experimenting for me. Will see what the feedback is like first

• Posted: 23 November 2010 04:36 AM #9

I installed 4.2 last night and so far all seems well. A lot of features appear to have been crippled (Airprint only works to certain HP printers for example, and Airplay is barely supported) but as an OS it’s been stable so far. Quicker than my previous install I think, but then I rebuilt it from scratch because I think I had some bad data in the backup file I always restored so maybe that accounts for it.

All is well so far though.

Signature

-Matt Cox / Mac Technician / Matt on Twitter

• Posted: 10 December 2010 01:56 PM #10

For reference, I now have 4.2.1 installed on all my iOS devices and all of them are behaving perfectly.

Signature

-Matt Cox / Mac Technician / Matt on Twitter

• Posted: 03 April 2012 06:48 AM #11

i’m using 4.1 but i will upgrade 4.2