Baby Boomers bend the rules of Marketing
Actually, nobody would ever guess she is a grandparent - she’s a petite blonde who blends quite well with the coeds down here ‘Bama way.
Why’d you have to say that? Mark B. is probably on his way over the border as we speak
Ditto on the “Grandma and Grandpa” titles. My wife opted for Mimi. Me, I don’t give a hoot.
The company I work for is clueless. 45% of their employees can retire within 5 years from now. They have NO succession or knowledge transfer plan. Apparently they think us “dinosaurs” don’t know anything worth keeping. This is borne out by our relatively new CTO’s recent strategy edict:
1. We will standardize on Windows and AIX.
2. We will standardize on IBM and Dell hardware.
3. We will standardize on off-the-shelf applications.
4. IT personnel will be generic and interchangeable: No specialists.
5. No embedded developers. All development personnel will work for a centralized IT department.
In our industry this is a recipe for disaster. Our new CEO used to be the CFO and apparently knows zip about IT, so he’s lapping up the Koolaid. I’ll be glad to be leaving soon.
Let me guess…, a couple of old guys? (says the (soon to be) 58 yr. old)
CEO is about 50…former accountant trying to run a company that depends on engineering and computers, and is subject to the laws of physics.
CTO is about 55…former IBM employee and new to this industry.
A good portion of the rest of us are like me…early 60’s, engineering, math, analytical, and computer background.