Poll: Do you like the new AFB site.
Total Votes: 22
Yes, OMG, ya know like it is awesome.
Yes, of course, I like change
No, what was wrong with the old format.
Grrrrrrrrr, its huntin season.

Posted: 18 November 2010 12:30 PM #16

Dave Hamilton - 18 November 2010 04:28 AM

Our apologies. This was a very early-stage test that was not meant to roll live. We’re in the process of rolling back. Stay tuned.

Dave, I didn’t like it whatsoever. The new format is clumsy in that is was difficult to take everything in at once. It reminded me of the web in the nineties where everybody built sites that could run on 800 pixel-wide VGA monitors. And the speed reminded me of the nineties in that everything was slow to load.

To me it looks like you’re attempting to make space for more ads or cater to mobile devices at the expense of the primary desktop-using audience.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 18 November 2010 12:33 PM #17

Ok, I’m not sure how I can be any clearer about this: THE FORMAT YOU ALL SAW IS NOT EVER INTENDED TO LAUNCH LIVE. smile

It is a testbed template, somewhere we try a LOT of different ideas, not necessarily related to each other. Some of these individual ideas may see the light of day, but holistically it means nothing.

As such, I’m closing this thread. wink

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.