“60 Minutes”

Posted: 21 November 2010 09:12 PM

To end the show tonight, 60 Minutes gave an ipad commercial free of charge by touting that you can now get “60 Minutes” on your ipad with deleted scenes. By showing clips and the ipad I was very happy.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 21 November 2010 10:53 PM #1

That’s interesting.  Hope its free.

Posted: 21 November 2010 11:35 PM #2

Tetrachloride - 22 November 2010 02:53 AM

That’s interesting.  Hope its free.

What is interesting is that the show said it was fee, but when you g to itunes, it is $4.99

Tetra, I think I am reading you right in saying that I would not pay for it either.

Signature

Posted: 21 November 2010 11:44 PM #3

Indeed, the iPad is developing quite the media presence. It really is a special personal video device.

I have been quite intrigued by Comcast’s new Xfinity iApp. It beats the hell out of “the guide” for selecting channels. If I can use it on the road, I will wreak havoc back at the house. Mrs. Pashin will be able to watch only what I want her to watch. smile

Xfinity is also a superior way to select on-demand video compared to surfing with the remote. Live streaming plus extras like those offered for 60 minutes appear to be in the works.

Methinks the CableCos are becoming very proactive to ensure they do not become the dumb pipe - and to limit Apple’s role as deliverer of video.

Perhaps iTunes’ long-term niche is as a download-to-own portal?  I have bought video from iTunes, but have yet to rent. However, video is far from my thing, and so others may provide much better perspective.

Posted: 22 November 2010 12:06 AM #4

The vast majority of users will say they cannot afford to pay for many news sources.  60 minutes would be catering to a minority.  To make me pay cash means it has to be cutting edge news that tangibly helps me.

edited the verb in first sentence

[ Edited: 22 November 2010 02:05 AM by Tetrachloride ]      

Posted: 22 November 2010 12:06 AM #5

JP, I have rented movies, bought videos, bought movies, music, apps…... Damn you SJ. tongue laugh

FTR, if you buy an HD movie, plan ahead.

Signature