Joystick for Macintosh?

Posted: 08 December 2010 07:14 PM

I would like to get a joystick for my Macintosh so as to better destroy aliens in Starcraft2. I bought a Logitec Attack 3 in the belief that it would work.

It did not.

I downloaded Controllermate in the belief that I could make the joystick work.

It did not.

Does anybody make a Joystick with OSX drivers?

Please help: aliens are closing in on me.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 December 2010 10:48 PM #1

I just cam home with a MacAlly game pad and downloaded the driver. The install directions say, go to game setting to set up game pad inside the game. Inside the game there is no way to set up a game pad.

I’d like a joystick anyway but it is really dumb that nobody has a joystick where I can assign the buttons use from a control panel.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 09 December 2010 10:27 AM #2

I’m the wrong person to ask, since I have an old 15-pin Game port CH Products Yoke and Pro Pedals connected to my Mac via a “Super Joybox” that converts Game port to USB.

Then I got my old Thrustmaster pro working with the iMate ADB->USB adapter and the (32-bit) Thrustmaster OS X driver.

All work ok for me, but obviously a very geeky solution that required a bunch of hard-to-find hardware. wink

Fun, though! smile

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.