Apple Web Orders are on FIRE!

Posted: 10 December 2010 07:41 PM

I placed a Web order from the Apple store at noon Chicago time for a 27” iMac and I got web order number W2617809XX, and then came home at 4:30 Chicago time and placed a web order for two more 27” iMac’s, and got web order number W2708855XX. If Apple is still using an increment system for Apple on-line sales, their is a difference of 9,104,000 orders placed on Apple’s Web store in a 4.5 hour period. Is this even possible?

9 million plus orders in 4.5 hours…

I guess I must be smoking the right stuff, or am very way-layed in my thinking.

Tell me I am smoking something, as this seems nigh on impossible.

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

Posted: 10 December 2010 08:51 PM #1

MacManus - 10 December 2010 11:41 PM

I placed a Web order from the Apple store at noon Chicago time for a 27” iMac and I got web order number W2617809XX, and then came home at 4:30 Chicago time and placed a web order for two more 27” iMac’s, and got web order number W2708855XX. If Apple is still using an increment system for Apple on-line sales, their is a difference of 9,104,000 orders placed on Apple’s Web store in a 4.5 hour period. Is this even possible?

By looking at your avatar I would say it is LSD and not something you smoke. LOL

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 10 December 2010 09:03 PM #2

My abacus says 2708855 - 2617809 = 91046.  Duh. :dunce:

Signature

The measure of the worth of a product is how much people are willing to pay for it, not how many people will buy it if the price is low enough.

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:09 PM #3

“My abacus says 2708855 - 2617809 = 91046.  Duh.”

You left off the two XX ending numbers, so your abacus is questionable

The two XX numbers were to protect my order numbers.

I still count it as 9 plus million orders in 4.5 hours.

Is Apple using sequential order numbers for their web orders?

No LSD was wasted in this post wink

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:09 PM #4

On line orders from MN will increase:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2010/12/10/weekend-weather-foot-of-snow-below-zero-temps/

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:16 PM #5

“Order numbers used to be sequential and Deagol (aaplmodel.blogspot.com) used to use them as a tool to monitor Apple?s online sales. However, Apple has now randomized these numbers so you cannot use them for this purpose any longer.”

Aha, that could very well explain it.

I will now go back to my cavern.

Signature

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:29 PM #6

MacManus - 11 December 2010 02:16 AM

“Order numbers used to be sequential and Deagol (aaplmodel.blogspot.com) used to use them as a tool to monitor Apple?s online sales. However, Apple has now randomized these numbers so you cannot use them for this purpose any longer.”

Aha, that could very well explain it.

I will now go back to my cavern.

Regardless of the order # issue…............  your order for three imacs did help the bottom line for apple and perhaps eventually my Schwab accounts. grin

Much thanks and cheers to you!!!!
      JohnG

• Posted: 10 December 2010 10:47 PM #7

MacManus - 11 December 2010 02:09 AM

Oops!  My bad.  Maybe I should trade my abacus in for a computer.

Signature

The measure of the worth of a product is how much people are willing to pay for it, not how many people will buy it if the price is low enough.

Posted: 11 December 2010 12:00 AM #8

westech - 11 December 2010 02:47 AM
    MacManus - 11 December 2010 02:09 AM

Oops!  My bad.  Maybe I should trade my abacus in for a computer.

Mmmmmmmmm, foot, taste gooood.  LOL

Signature

Posted: 11 December 2010 12:38 AM #9

This thread seems to be a good place for an informal survey of the AFB.

Is your computer tech budget higher , same or lower than the recent past ?  Include software purchases or any purchase from iTunes Store.

As for me, higher with potential for more expenditures in the next 1-6 months.

• Posted: 11 December 2010 12:47 AM #10

I placed a Web order from the Apple store at noon Chicago time for a 27” iMac and I got web order number W2617809XX, and then came home at 4:30 Chicago time and placed a web order for two more 27” iMac’s, and got web order number W2708855XX.

At least your Web orders are on fire.  :wink:

Posted: 11 December 2010 01:07 AM #11

DT

“At least your Web orders are on fire.”

I am not the only one with web orders on fire. I do this for a living. It is this way everywhere in my world.

I wish we could reconstitute a catch-all web order system we could lay our hands on. Maybe, if enough people entered order numbers we could cipher it. Maybe not.

I do know that my client orders are on fire, and it is getting to be logarithmic with all of them. This is/and will be the most busy capital expenditure season I have had in 5+ years. All Mac.

In this economy. hmmm…

[ Edited: 11 December 2010 01:15 AM by MacManus ]

Signature

Posted: 11 December 2010 10:02 AM #12

MacManus - 11 December 2010 05:07 AM

DT

“At least your Web orders are on fire.”

I am not the only one with web orders on fire. I do this for a living. It is this way everywhere in my world.

I wish we could reconstitute a catch-all web order system we could lay our hands on. Maybe, if enough people entered order numbers we could cipher it. Maybe not.

I do know that my client orders are on fire, and it is getting to be logarithmic with all of them. This is/and will be the most busy capital expenditure season I have had in 5+ years. All Mac.

In this economy. hmmm…

MacManus, in this economy is right. Just think how exciting things could get if unemployment actually starts to drop. The capital expenditure provision in the tax bill could be just the gas needed to ignite this market to record highs. I still feel next year is going to be a very good year. I would imagine for every point drop in unemployment we would see a rise in the DOW of a thousand points. JMO of course. :innocent:

Signature

Posted: 11 December 2010 12:41 PM #13

Mark, agreed 100%. I think ‘11 is going to be “the” year. LSD = LOL.

MacManus, thanks for the posts, keep them coming - very useful to hear real-world stuff.

Personally we bought a Macbook pro, a 27” monitor, 4 ipads, 2 Apple TVs and a few assorted iPods in the last 8 months. Probably an iMac this week. Next year we’ll have 3 new iPhones, an iPad2 and a new laptop at the very least.

Posted: 11 December 2010 01:53 PM #14

Tetrachloride - 11 December 2010 04:38 AM

Is your computer tech budget higher , same or lower than the recent past ?  Include software purchases or any purchase from iTunes Store.

I’m still running the prototype Mac Pro I got from Apple in Dec. 2006. Monitors come and go as they fry out. One video card shelled and has been replaced.

Although the biggest bottleneck is the limited PCI bus (not enough bandwidth for more than two video cards drawing stock charts on four monitors), I’m not planning to buy another Mac Pro for two more years since my Mac Pro is still faster than any all-in-one Mac.

I am, however, looking for a Mac compatible joystick with drivers and user definable buttons.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 11 December 2010 05:07 PM #15

Tetrachloride - 11 December 2010 04:38 AM

2010 Apple purchases

1 maxed out high end 27” iMac i7 with 12GB ram
    2 13” MacBook Airs new model 128G 4MB ram
    3 iPads - 32G with WiFi/3G
    2 iPod Touches 32G
    1 iPhone 4, 32
    5 Airport Extremes
    1 2G Time Capsule
    3 external iPad Touch Things
    Goodness knows how much on iTunes and software

However, these were ALL FREE as my AAPL profits made me oodles more than those toys cost.

“Apple/AAPL, the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and GIVING!”

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition