DT’s Resource Guide For Independent AAPL Analysts

• Posted: 21 December 2010 07:53 PM #16

DawnTreader - 19 December 2010 08:16 PM

Over the past several weeks I’ve posted a series of blog entires to serve as a repository of information for AFB members and “lurkers” seeking a convenient place to access information on Apple’s recent quarterly results. In a way the blog posts represent the “essential building blocks” in developing quarterly estimates for future periods based on the company’s recent results. I’m posting links to each of the pertinent blog posts as a reference guide for AFB members working on their own quarterly estimates:

Apple: Testing Analyst EPS Estimates With Revenue Forecasts

Apple’s Startling Rates of Growth: A Five-Year Overview

Apple: A Comparison of Eight Quarters of Revenue and Earnings Per Share

Apple: FY 2009 & 2010 Results By Quarter

Apple: A Quarterly Comparison of Costs and Cost Ratios To Revenue

Apple’s Profitability and the Influences of Gross Margin, Tax Rates and OpEx

It’s my desire for this work to be a benefit to all AFB members seeking to understand Apple’s recent quarterly performances and to serve as a repository of information about the company’s recent results.

Robert

The original post back for page 2 as a reference.

• Posted: 21 December 2010 08:03 PM #17

mbeauch - 21 December 2010 09:44 PM

DT, I appreciate everything also. I just hope you are not washed away because you can’t be replaced.  :innocent:

Roughly five inches of rain from Thursday through Monday with more rain today and tomorrow. But the forecast calls for sunny skies and 60 degrees on Christmas.  grin

• Posted: 22 December 2010 01:47 AM #18

Gregg Thurman - 21 December 2010 06:55 PM

Damn you DT.  How dare you take much of the guess work in forecasting out of the equation, and replace it with facts.  Now anybody with half a brain is going to make better investment decisions.  Nice work.

LOL

Gregg, as you and I both know, if it were that easy the Wall Street pros would have target prices mush closer to yours and mine. It’s $500 per share by early November.  grin

• Posted: 23 December 2010 05:23 PM #19

Just a reminder to review the linked resources before completing your final FQ1 estimates. I’m looking forward to not only record results for AAPL, but more estimates and analysis coming from the AFB crowd.

• Posted: 23 December 2010 06:49 PM #20

DawnTreader - 22 December 2010 12:03 AM

DT, I appreciate everything also. I just hope you are not washed away because you can’t be replaced.  :innocent:

Roughly five inches of rain from Thursday through Monday with more rain today and tomorrow. But the forecast calls for sunny skies and 60 degrees on Christmas.  grin

Ditto on Mark’s comment.  Reservoir’s should be nice and full?  60 degrees on Christmas?  That’s just wrong!  :smilesanta:

On a financial note, Deagol’s numbers (he being the original conservative contributor) always make me breathe a sigh of relief.  Here’s hoping that employment improves in the new year.  I’ve a pretty good source confirming the Verizon iPhone.  I was with Mark until now.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

• Posted: 24 December 2010 01:19 AM #21

BillH - 23 December 2010 10:49 PM
    DawnTreader - 22 December 2010 12:03 AM

Ditto on Mark’s comment.  Reservoir’s should be nice and full?  60 degrees on Christmas?  That’s just wrong!  :smilesanta:

On a financial note, Deagol’s numbers (he being the original conservative contributor) always make me breathe a sigh of relief.  Here’s hoping that employment improves in the new year.  I’ve a pretty good source confirming the Verizon iPhone.  I was with Mark until now.

Bill:

It was a sunny day in LA. How unusual after the past week! In my area we received about 7 inches of rain. In a bad year that’s one year’s rainfall total. In an average year that’s half a year’s rainfall total.

The interesting thing is prior to the rain storm the ground was so dry, the nearby “river bed” (more like a low lying narrow basin used for runoff control) showed no signs of flowing water. Here at least, the ground absorbed most of the moisture.

The snowpack in the Sierra Nevada is already almost twice the levels usually reached by April. For the coming year at least, there should be a little less worry about water.

Back on topic:

I’ll have to look at deagol’s numbers. I’m also cheered he’s over $26 billion on revenue and well over $6 on eps. I’ll be making significant revisions to my numbers this weekend. I will come in higher on revenue, I will be dropping my opex ratio and we’ll see where I come in on eps.

• Posted: 26 December 2010 08:09 PM #22

One more time: For AFB members preparing estimates, please take advantage of the historical information for fiscal years 2009 & 2010 available at Eventide.