AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 19 December 2010 07:13 PM

Tis the week before Christmas and all down the Street investors are wondering by how much Apple will beat. The answers will be found in the AFB. The 1st fiscal quarter ends this weekend.

In the meantime, what should we expect in Monday morning trading?

[ Edited: 24 December 2010 05:09 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 19 December 2010 07:47 PM #1

DawnTreader - 19 December 2010 11:13 PM

Tis the week before Christmas and all down the Street investors are wondering by how much Apple will beat. The answers will be found in the AFB. The 1st fiscal quarter ends this weekend.

In the meantime, what should we expect in Monday morning trading?

I was thinking the qtr ended on Saturday, not sure how that will effect the qtr. It almost seems like it is a bad thing. My guess is we will not be in such a tight channel. Our moving averages are right below us which helps with the nerves. A nice upgrade would be nice.

There is of course the Europe issue. Ireland is sooooooo big.  :-x

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 19 December 2010 08:31 PM #2

I hope we can break out of this 5-point-or-so (+/- less than a percent!) trading range we’ve been in for about a week now.

If I don’t see any real movement by mid-week, I may take my short-term trades off the table.  With OE past there’s one less reason for Apple to be rangebound.  The tax bill didn’t really help the markets much last week, though again OE may have played a role, and Ireland supposedly did as well.

This is still a very tense market.  Gotta be careful.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 December 2010 12:20 AM #3

Futures are negative after being up a bit.

Posted: 20 December 2010 12:31 AM #4

After what happened with the UN tonight I guess we will get beaten up tomorrow. What a useless organization.  :-x

Signature

Posted: 20 December 2010 12:56 AM #5

I am getting so tired of the N. Koreans.  S. Korea needs to bomb the hell out of them and quite them down once and for all.  They are are big bully who always wants attention and tries to force the US to give them free food.

Posted: 20 December 2010 01:11 AM #6

omacvi - 20 December 2010 04:56 AM

I am getting so tired of the N. Koreans.  S. Korea needs to bomb the hell out of them and quite them down once and for all.  They are are big bully who always wants attention and tries to force the US to give them free food.

They are not a bully Sponge. They are an insignificant country that world leaders acknowledge and let them have a voice. They are allowed to exist because it benefits somebody, who? I have no idea. China is being a real problem here. It is in times of crisis that leaders take action, crisis is almost here. When Russia wants to get involved there is something wrong over there. This is uncertainty and we know what markets think about uncertainty.

Signature

• Posted: 20 December 2010 01:16 AM #7

Monday

R4       325.56
      midpoint   324.78
    R3       324.00
      midpoint   323.22
    R2       322.44
      midpoint   321.98
    R1       321.52
      midpoint   321.20
    PP       320.88
      midpoint   320.42
    S1       319.96
      midpoint   319.64
    S2       319.32
      midpoint   318.54
    S3       317.76
      midpoint   316.98
    S4       316.20

• Posted: 20 December 2010 01:17 AM #8

Google is very optimistic about AAPL.

Image Attachments

Screen shot 2010-12-19 at 11.16.32 PM.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Posted: 20 December 2010 01:27 AM #9

What am I missing Will? Where is the optimistic part?

Signature

Posted: 20 December 2010 01:36 AM #10

mbeauch - 20 December 2010 05:27 AM

Ditto

• Posted: 20 December 2010 01:52 AM #11

Boeing stock may tank tomorrow.  Very negative piece in The Seattle Times on Sunday about further delays and a production line that is a quagmire.  The Dreamliner is turning into a nightmare for BA.

Read here and weep.

• Posted: 20 December 2010 02:00 AM #12

mbeauch - 20 December 2010 05:27 AM

It’s not optimism. It’s fact. Some outlier $590 trade shortly before the close on Friday . Clearly a mistake by someone which will be reversed.

Posted: 20 December 2010 02:01 AM #13

Mercel - 20 December 2010 05:52 AM

Boeing stock may tank tomorrow.  Very negative piece in The Seattle Times on Sunday about further delays and a production line that is a quagmire.  The Dreamliner is turning into a nightmare for BA.

Read here and weep.

Thanks Mercel, now we get to find out where our support is.  Just when we thought it was going to be a good week for the market, we take a blow to the knees. :-(

Signature

Posted: 20 December 2010 02:22 AM #14

Read here and weep.

Separate topic, but on Friday i got to tour the outside of a brand new Boeing 747-8.  It was a beautiful plane.  It is worth $301 million dollars.  Once the FAA certification is completed here at the airport, they will be free to build as many as they want.  Should be done in 3 months.

• Posted: 20 December 2010 02:39 AM #15

mbeauch - 20 December 2010 06:01 AM

Read here and weep.

Thanks Mercel, now we get to find out where our support is.  Just when we thought it was going to be a good week for the market, we take a blow to the knees. :-(

You’re thinking about it all wrong:  All the BA money flows to AAPL.  And I think China will prevent North Korea from committing national sepaku.