(F) Ford

Posted: 14 January 2011 01:26 AM #31

C’mon Mace.  Some of us are car enthusiasts here.  wink

F, a long-term buy ‘n hold?  Maybe.  It’s a darn good auto stock, I’d think.  But my resources and attention are very much focused on Apple, which has the superior track record.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 14 January 2011 10:14 AM #32

Mace - 14 January 2011 05:21 AM

The only view I like in this thread is someone mention that F could be the stock that one can buy and forget for 10 years, just like AAPL.  Is that what you guys think?

Now this is hilarious, a thread was formed for us cats to roam and someone still expects us cats to stay in our bed. LOL, to funny.

Mace, I don’t look at any company as a buy-n-hold for 10 years anymore. Times have changed, that strategy is also. JMO :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 14 January 2011 10:53 AM #33

:-D

The only view I like in this thread is someone mention that F could be the stock that one can buy and forget for 10 years, just like AAPL.  Is that what you guys think?

Mace, do you think that Steve Jobs will still be running Apple in ten years? Anything and everything can happen to companies and economies. Apple is no exception. People that think that they can invest and forget, can’t complain about the outcome.

Yes, Ford has a lot going for it.

And I’m looking forward to test driving a new BMW 1-series M this spring. rolleyes

:apple:

• Posted: 14 January 2011 04:05 PM #34

I am not buying common shares only options.  Currently holding some March and April calls and a number of Jan 12 leaps.  I will decide what to do with the shorter term contracts after earnings.  the leaps I plan to hold on to but even that is subject to change

Posted: 14 January 2011 04:19 PM #35

MacCube - 14 January 2011 02:53 PM

And I’m looking forward to test driving a new BMW 1-series M this spring. rolleyes

One thing I know about is cars?since between my mum and I, we’ve driven everything under the sun.*

Anyway, if you’re interested in a 1 series M, you may be interested in an Impreza WRX.

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impreza-wrx/index.html

Or if you want more lux and less hatchback-from-hell, an EX35.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 14 January 2011 08:45 PM #36

One thing I know about is cars?since between my mum and I, we’ve driven everything under the sun.*

Anyway, if you’re interested in a 1 series M, you may be interested in an Impreza WRX.

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impreza-wrx/index.html

Or if you want more lux and less hatchback-from-hell, an EX35.

Sorry, but Subaru has nothing appealing. And the area I live in lacks a Infiniti dealership. The FX50 is much more appealing. Tell us about the car you’ve enjoyed most.

Posted: 15 January 2011 12:59 AM #37

The EX35 is pretty nice if you don’t care about fuel economy, you don’t want more than one person riding along with you, and you’re kinda short.

The interior is sweet, and the tech pretty nice, but the unbelievable design compromises aren’t.  It’s cramped in there, especially _back_ there.  It makes the GLK/X3/Q5/XC60/etc. seem huge.  I’d abandon the EX and go for the excellent, more-modern-and-powerful-engined G37 instead.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 January 2011 12:53 AM #38

Just a quick post to bring this thread back to the top for all of us Ford fanboys & fangirls?

Earnings on Jan 28 pre-market.  Consensus at $.48.  I’ll go with $.60.

Mark, hope your market prognostication in the another thread doesn’t rain on our F parade.  BTW, I’ll give you a good deal on my Jan 11 F $19 calls!  smile

Posted: 26 January 2011 01:02 AM #39

the only thing I’d buy and forget is a whore..  lol

Posted: 26 January 2011 01:14 AM #40

blaze biscuits - 26 January 2011 05:02 AM

the only thing I’d buy and forget is a whore..  lol

The only sales transaction in society where the whore sells it, but she still has it after she sells it.  Imagine the cost of sales if AAPL could apply the APPL magic in similar fashion for their product sales.  Oh, sorry, this is a Ford thread.  Edit and replace AAPL with F.    :-D

Posted: 26 January 2011 01:21 AM #41

madmaxroi - 26 January 2011 04:53 AM

Just a quick post to bring this thread back to the top for all of us Ford fanboys & fangirls?

Mark, hope your market prognostication in the another thread doesn’t rain on our F parade.  BTW, I’ll give you a good deal on my Jan 11 F $19 calls!  smile

I hear you Mad, I think your return was the same as mine. tongue laugh How sick is this, Might even try it this week. :-D

Mad, the EPS number is not as important as the cash flow for the qtr and what they did with it.

As for the DOW getting a hair cut, our stocks got their hair cut last week. I think we are good.  :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 26 January 2011 02:53 AM #42

mbeauch - 26 January 2011 05:21 AM

I hear you Mad, I think your return was the same as mine. tongue laugh How sick is this, Might even try it this week. :-D

Mad, the EPS number is not as important as the cash flow for the qtr and what they did with it.

As for the DOW getting a hair cut, our stocks got their hair cut last week. I think we are good.  :innocent:

try it with in the moneys..  you don’t lose intrinsic.  you know?

money is money..  and leveraged trading is such a great return anyways..  who gives a $$$$ if it’s a 45% gain or if it’s a 400% gain..

now..  i mean that SOMETIMES..  of course we care..  but.. you know what I mean..

Vote NO on #19  

(just kidding… I’m not telling you what to do of course..  but I am suggesting the idea of thinking about the first part)

Posted: 26 January 2011 11:01 AM #43

blaze biscuits - 26 January 2011 06:53 AM

Vote NO on #19  

(just kidding… I’m not telling you what to do of course..  but I am suggesting the idea of thinking about the first part)

Blaze…you just lost your sales commission.  Up until your last post, I think I had Mark on the hook.  No rubber biscuit for you!  smile

• Posted: 26 January 2011 11:06 AM #44

I would be a happy man if F posts those numbers grin, even better will be to hear that cash on hand is equal to or greater than debt with strong guidance for the coming quarter….  Maybe all the stars will align on this on

Posted: 26 January 2011 11:13 AM #45

bilter2000 - 26 January 2011 03:06 PM

I would be a happy man if F posts those numbers grin, even better will be to hear that cash on hand is equal to or greater than debt with strong guidance for the coming quarter….  Maybe all the stars will align on this on

I agree, but I also want to hear the word “Dividend” spoken. And the projected growth rate of Fords foreign markets (China & India). All of which would be music to my ears.  rolleyes