AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 25 January 2011 11:37 AM #46

Mace - 25 January 2011 11:20 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 24 January 2011 10:51 PM

... That said, this market feels like somebody just gave me a bunch of money to establish positions under the thesis that we’re in a beginning bull market ...

Everybody said 2011 is a bull market, so buy any corrections, consolidations, pullbacks and dips as you can’t lose money in a bull market.  Even if you’ve bought at a short-term high, it would eventually go higher.  This is the mood now.

Except for when the health care bill passed in April through the end of summer, from my perspective, we’ve been in a bull market since March 6th, 2009, but not too many people knew it back then. 

Back to my penny stocks FMCC and FNMA. :innocent:

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 25 January 2011 12:03 PM #47

Good Morning Boys and Girls

the good news is that our stock is moving up strongly and we are above 340

The bad news is that I am maxed out with etrade and I can not buy more

Will need to wait about a month and before I transfer some money into the account to buy more,  hopefully that will be in time for the correction and I can buy some in the mid 330’s :-D

good luck to all

Posted: 25 January 2011 12:30 PM #48

Sold one of my Jan 2012 $210 calls.  Looking for a further dip.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 25 January 2011 12:44 PM #49

Rotation has become a daily occurrence. The banks that were hot on Friday turned red on yesterday?s strong rally were the DJI finished up 108.68 points, up 0.92%. Techs were pounded on Friday just to turn green on Monday and were red on Futures. This scattering action could be part of the correction we?ve been in.

Probably the action yesterday was a classic oversold bounce. Should it persist and develop to another straight-up move?
    The NASDAQ and the Russell 2000 did not reach last Friday?s highs on yesterday?s rally. The DJI continued to achieve multi-year highs while the underlying market has not been as strong as the healine index has suggested. The underperformance among the small caps also suggests a correction is under way.

There is a definite sell-the-news on earning reports theme at work and there are not that many really strong earnings reports. The two best that came from AAPL and GOOG were sold aggressively.

The UK reported fourth-quarter gross domestic product declining -0.5% on expectations of a 0.4% gain. European markets are mostly down. The sovereign debt problem of PIIG + Belgium still backstage and out of the wires for the time being, however ready to do a comeback.

Asian markets were mixed with Tokyo, Sydney stocks rising and Shanghai falling, still on concerns of Beijing raising interest rates. In India the central bank raised interest rates by an expected 0.25 points.

Back to domestic issues, home prices declined 1.6% from year later. The prices dropped in November by the most in a year, the biggest 12-month decrease since December 2009 according to the S&P/Case-Shiller index of home values in 20 cities. The number is slightly lower than forecasted by economists.

Tonight we have the State of the Union address and the Federal Reserve tomorrow. Usually they are not market movers, however would not bet on it.

AAPL is having a nice bounce and as it stabilizes, confirms strong momentum after struggling at open.  GOOG, EMC, rebounded and IBM and INTC are still seeing nice gains.

USDX at 78.13 down -0.08%

Euro at $1.3671 up 0.31%

DJI at 11910.82 off -65.73 points down -0.53%

SPX at 1288 down -0.24%

NDX at 2295.87 down -0.19%.

VIX 17.98 up 1.93%

AAPL at 338.54 up 0.34%. Low $334.57 and High $340.49. Volume good so far at 10 million shares traded.

The market is volatile and whipsawing. AAPL is holding to gains; however it also shows swings and the major indexes weighing when pulling back. Taking a while to figure out what is going on, confused by the action yesterday and a bit less today. Caution.

Posted: 25 January 2011 12:44 PM #50

Went all cash.

• Posted: 25 January 2011 02:04 PM #51

Looks like 340 PIN ! bit early but they wont let her loose…

Posted: 25 January 2011 03:25 PM #52

Tetrachloride - 25 January 2011 04:44 PM

Went all cash.

there’s nothing like sitting in all cash..

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:00 PM #53

blaze biscuits - 25 January 2011 07:25 PM

Went all cash.

Especially neked in a bathtub! Wondering if we’re going to trudge sideways for a little while here?

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:10 PM #54

ChasMac77 - 25 January 2011 08:00 PM
    blaze biscuits - 25 January 2011 07:25 PM

Went all cash.

Especially neked in a bathtub! Wondering if we’re going to trudge sideways for a little while here?

Your charlie Tuna, all you had to do was take off your glasses. :-D

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:20 PM #55

Back on topic, seems the market is bouncing off intraday lows, while AAPL looks to end in the green for the second straight day.  As it should, really. 

Hate that I fell for the IV trap, AGAIN, despite waiting until post-earnings (the drop in the VIX didn’t help), but I guess I can wait a little while for AAPL to recover.  AAPL may not hit 400 right away on account of SJ’s leave of absence, but I’d be very surprised if AAPL doesn’t hit 380-ish pre-earnings (P/E of 21.2), especially if iPad 2 and the VeriPhone have good launches.

Also:  Mav’s Trading Log, Stardate 3000:

AIG + repricing + warrants = WTF happened to my puts.  The bid/ask spreads were utterly ridiculous.  Glad I got the heck outta there.

YOKU:  Heck, why not.  Call options on sale, and the stock is quite volatile, near lows to boot.  Placed a very small side bet.

[ Edited: 25 January 2011 04:28 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:38 PM #56

Team GSE keeps going. No derivatives and difficult to short.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:42 PM #57

Eric Landstrom - 25 January 2011 08:38 PM

Interesting.. Its now on my watchlist.. thanks

EDIT: I’ll buy it with two fists when it breaks that roughly 1000 mark it posted back in 2008.  I think that’s the correct info

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:48 PM #58

blaze biscuits - 25 January 2011 08:42 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 25 January 2011 08:38 PM

Interesting.. Its now on my watchlist.. thanks

EDIT: I’ll buy it with two fists when it breaks that roughly 1000 mark it posted back in 2008.  I think that’s the correct info

As long as you understand that I am

Talking My Book?

But am pleased with the

More Than 100% Gain?  :innocent:

Signature

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:55 PM #59

Apple is behaving verrrrry well into the close.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 25 January 2011 04:59 PM #60

We are closing once again at the high of the day.  This bodes well for our stock.  Volume is very healthy. 

Those 8 million shares traded days were a sign of good things to come.  I now hope we hit 345 by end of the week and trade between 340 and 350 for the next two months.

I think we could hit ATH as we get closer to the Verizon iPhone.