“Other” stocks

• Posted: 27 January 2011 07:16 PM #16

blaze biscuits - 27 January 2011 11:11 PM
    bilter2000 - 27 January 2011 11:09 PM

As near as I can tell it was simply an analyst upgrade to the price target…..  Too bad aapl does not respond the same way to upgrades…..[/quote

when is their earnings/Conf. Call?

AH on 4/20.  If the stock trends down a bit in the next 4 weeks I will buy the Jan calls I was looking at.

Posted: 27 January 2011 07:35 PM #17

Thinking of buying some HDB.  Looks like it may bottom near 140.  Any insights from you financial stock experts?

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

• Posted: 27 January 2011 07:43 PM #18

bilter2000 - 27 January 2011 11:16 PM

As near as I can tell it was simply an analyst upgrade to the price target…..  Too bad aapl does not respond the same way to upgrades…..[/quote

AH on 4/20.  If the stock trends down a bit in the next 4 weeks I will buy the Jan calls I was looking at.

Ok so now I feel like a moron.  Earnings today.  Let me crawl back under this here rock…...
    How in he’ll this was not on my iCal is beyond me!

Posted: 27 January 2011 07:48 PM #19

macglenn - 27 January 2011 11:35 PM

Thinking of buying some HDB.  Looks like it may bottom near 140.  Any insights from you financial stock experts?

I honestly don’t know anything about that stock..  as well as I don’t feel comfortable enough with my technical analysis trading to do this based solely on those atrributes alone..

I got to leave this for someone else to add color on..  I’d just be peeing in the wind..  sorry

Posted: 28 January 2011 01:25 AM #20

adamthompson3232 - 28 January 2011 04:46 AM

I threw about 10K at QPSA a few weeks ago as a spec play. It’s Facebook for latinos. Well, that one worked out well. Not much money in there but a nice quick 25% return so far. With LinkedIn going public shortly QPSA could continue to run.

25% is great..  hell yeah…  and you just bought the shares I’m sure.  you caught 12% today alone..

where did you hear about that one?

Posted: 28 January 2011 01:38 AM #21

adamthompson3232 - 28 January 2011 05:29 AM

As for QPSA, the CEO seems like a pretty smart guy. I figured I would just ride some of the social media buzz generated by Facebook. And since QPSA is the only publicly traded social network I figured that was the way to go. So far, so good on a small position.

riding it on the buzz is smart.. 

and I like his slogan… “life is too short to diversify”.. lol

I"m going to pay attention to his site now..  thanks for the link.

Posted: 28 January 2011 03:43 AM #22

Any of you guys looking at Liquid Metal (LQMT?)? I know it’s been discussed on AFB, but anyone actually buying this ~$.70 stock that was once a $20 stock?. Looks like a very compelling company.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 28 January 2011 07:16 PM #23

alice - 27 January 2011 06:45 PM

Purchased bp Feb$40 weekly options today.  Looking for a bump up after earnings and hope there is dividend reinstatement announcement.

Closed Feb$40 (sell to close).

Posted: 28 January 2011 10:42 PM #24

JDSoCal - 28 January 2011 07:43 AM

Any of you guys looking at Liquid Metal (LQMT?)? I know it’s been discussed on AFB, but anyone actually buying this ~$.70 stock that was once a $20 stock?. Looks like a very compelling company.

hey JD..

why is it at $.70?  Bankruptcy issues?

Posted: 28 January 2011 10:45 PM #25

bilter2000 - 27 January 2011 11:16 PM

I put them on my radar..  and I started reading their annual report..  I only read the first couple pages, my time is strapped.  I noticed there was substantial increase in profits YOY from the last 2 years, although… hardly ANY change in the revenue..  suggests severe cost-cutting actions to acheive that and not sales.

That..  is the only ‘issue’ I have seen so far.  Revenues have barely budged and they basically service retail “farm needs”..  I need to read more

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/94/94930/2009AR.pdf

you can trade strictly on technicals but I like to get an understanding of the company as well..  I think both is the way to go.

Posted: 01 February 2011 01:02 PM #26

I have a stock that I would be interested to get others insight in. The symbol is EVEP. It has been on a tear for quite a while and I really have not seen any real moving news. I actually sold half my position in it Friday because it had moved so much, but now I am having sellers remorse. :-(

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 01 February 2011 01:31 PM #27

mbeauch - 01 February 2011 05:02 PM

I have a stock that I would be interested to get others insight in. The symbol is EVEP. It has been on a tear for quite a while and I really have not seen any real moving news. I actually sold half my position in it Friday because it had moved so much, but now I am having sellers remorse. :-(

yep..  that’s my type of stock.  I like it.  44.50 is the all-time high and we’re right on the cusp of that.

It just recently busted through it’s acceleration bands.. %R is over-bought, which I like..  when both of those items are in-combo.. 

I’m not a technical guy but I’m learning and trying to incorporate.  From what I understand and have studied so far.. both of these things are good.

I’m BUY BUY BUY if this closes about 44.13 today… 20% of my position I will initiate tomorrow morning (or whenever/if it closes on new highs), if it’s opens good tomorrow and has high volume pushing up..  I’ll throw another 20%, then 60% if it is a ‘real’ breakout

No news at all?  What does this company do?  brief summary..  is Egypt a driver? 

I got to get my *** to school I’m late.. 

Good heads up man..  I’m going to be all over this later and tell you further what I think.  Share whatever you learn..  and I will too.

Did you grab any more Ford’s yesterday Mark?

Posted: 01 February 2011 01:39 PM #28

% Held by Inst

Short Interest (% of float as of 01/15/11)

No short squeeze issues and the volume is “above average” for the day (according to TDAmeri-chumps)

EDIT:  ever notice how crazy and akward that guy on the TD commercial appears?  lol..  he looks all “medified” to me..  like he’s on Prozac or some other psycho-affective drug..  people who take that crap have those crazy ‘fixed’ eyes. 

That guy annoys me..  what does he know about investing?  lol..  tell him to go back to Law & Order or wherever he came from..

[ Edited: 01 February 2011 01:41 PM by blaze biscuits ]      

Posted: 01 February 2011 02:01 PM #29

Blaze, I actually got involved with the stock because it pays a very nice dividend. The hold date is Feb 7 for the next dividend. It has just broken above where my target “was”. There are a few members I dropped a line to on this one 25% ago. Like I said, I am having sellers remorse for selling half my position Friday. :-(

Oil & gas, blaze, need I say more. LOL

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 01 February 2011 02:04 PM #30

I’ve been “in EVEP” for eight months now, it is a HUGE WINNER.

Don’t sell the winners, put trailing stops on them, and let THEM tell you when it is time to sell.

There are two massive “horses” that are going to pull the worlds train in the intermediate future, ENERGY { and all those associated in any aspect with that } AND TECHNOLOGY, which is transforming the rest of the entire world.

Don’t abandon your workhorses when they are pulling loads easily.

[ Edited: 01 February 2011 02:09 PM by TanToday ]

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition