“Other” stocks

Posted: 01 February 2011 02:19 PM #31

Tan,

I agree, I am up 25% (pretty short time) on EVEP and was getting a little nervous. Egypt kind of threw me for a loop Friday, threw me off my game.

It still seems strange to me that it has moved so much with little news.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 01 February 2011 04:53 PM #32

mbeauch - 01 February 2011 06:01 PM

Blaze, I actually got involved with the stock because it pays a very nice dividend. The hold date is Feb 7 for the next dividend. It has just broken above where my target “was”. There are a few members I dropped a line to on this one 25% ago. Like I said, I am having sellers remorse for selling half my position Friday. :-(

Oil & gas, blaze, need I say more. LOL

check this out:  http://www.thestreet.com/story/10989934/insiders-trading-psun-rcl-hain-axp.html?cm_ven=skyg

CEO/DIR insider buying as of Friday..  maybe this has something to do with the run up as well.  I don’t know why a CEO would be buying on the highs..

it’s about to close on a new all-time high too…  probably

EDIT: This news was filed with the SEC on jan 28th but the buying occured 11/12

http://ir.evenergypartners.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1144204-11-4778

[ Edited: 01 February 2011 05:35 PM by blaze biscuits ]      

Posted: 01 February 2011 04:56 PM #33

THIS may help to explain why the natural gas sector is moving. From June 2, 2010.

Federal mandates for low-pollution vehicles like the pending NAT GAS Act (S. 1408) are encouraging company fleets to switch from fossil fuels to cleaner, domestically produced fuel sources. There is special emphasis on compressed natural gas (CNG ) for short-range mid-sized vehicles. Corporate fleets that convert their mid-sized cars, SUVs and limousines to CNG quickly will be able to reap a host of tax benefits and credits from the anticipated federal policies, making CNG the obvious choice over other alternative fuels that will not receive such healthy perks. In addition, many state and local agencies are offering programs to help offset the initial costs for CNG conversion. By combining federal tax incentives and rebates with local programs, corporate fleets that select CNG conversion over other ?green? fuel sources will see the most return on their investment.

As the price of oil increases I see natural gas demand also increasing. But who knows how this may all play out.

My EVEP shares and calls are looking very green.

:apple:

Posted: 01 February 2011 05:44 PM #34

mbeauch - 01 February 2011 06:19 PM

Tan,

I agree, I am up 25% (pretty short time) on EVEP and was getting a little nervous. Egypt kind of threw me for a loop Friday, threw me off my game.

It still seems strange to me that it has moved so much with little news.

Simple, one guy talking to another at the water cooler…

“Hey, I’m getting 1.4% on my bank CD’s and that is UP from.75% a year ago, how bout THAT?!”

Other guy….

“Uh, oh, ok. I guess I shouldn’t tell you about MY 7% yielding limited partnership then…?”

First guy….

“WHAT, that can’t be true…!!”

Conclusion: People are sick and tired of being RAPED by the financial institutions who pay you NOTHING, and give you grief over even that pittance.”

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 01 February 2011 06:19 PM #35

TanToday - 01 February 2011 09:44 PM

Conclusion: People are sick and tired of being RAPED by the financial institutions who pay you NOTHING, and give you grief over even that pittance.”

lol..  this lady at chase was trying to tell me why I should keep my money saved there.  She said that “chase was the stongest bank and that I will know my money is safe”..  lol.

I told her..  I would buy Chase stock and collect that dividend (which i think was at 2.7%) instead of getting that chump .000000000000000000075% rate that they are offering.. 

If the bank really is as strong as she says..  then there you go..

I hate banks in a lot of ways

Posted: 02 February 2011 01:47 AM #36

mbeauch - 01 February 2011 05:02 PM

I have a stock that I would be interested to get others insight in. The symbol is EVEP. It has been on a tear for quite a while and I really have not seen any real moving news. I actually sold half my position in it Friday because it had moved so much, but now I am having sellers remorse. :-(

What are you doing with DE? 

I’m in when it closes above 94.89..  I can’t wait..  I missed getting in at 89-ish..  I meant to get in around 90..  I got side-tracked.  I don’t even know why I didn’t..

94.89 is much more comfortable to me though.. due to that being the all-time high..

Posted: 02 February 2011 01:54 AM #37

BB, I would caution you about entering into a position in DE right now. The RSI is over 72 and over the last six months has not been able to move above 70 but for just the last couple of weeks. It has moved 24% in 2 months, just sayin.

Signature

Posted: 02 February 2011 12:00 PM #38

mbeauch - 02 February 2011 05:54 AM

BB, I would caution you about entering into a position in DE right now. The RSI is over 72 and over the last six months has not been able to move above 70 but for just the last couple of weeks. It has moved 24% in 2 months, just sayin.

thank you..  I will take a look at that more closely.

I actually don’t only go on the highs..  I check acceleration bands, %R as far as techincals go..  and then i have a laundry list of other ‘items’ to check as well.

I have NOT looked at what your suggesting though..  so I thank you for that.

I think it’s going to push up if it breaks..  but who knows for sure.  I was wrong about CSX and I got stopped out.  I’m not wrong (i don’t think) for an investment or a longer term trade..  and I"m looking to re-instate a position later today/ maybe tomorrow

EDIT:  again..  thanks.  I am going to go and look at what your talking about right now.

Posted: 02 February 2011 06:03 PM #39

QCOM is hot now because of Quadroid phones, is also a good hedge against a certain event.  Any1 looking into this?  When would be the right time to buy? At what price?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 02 February 2011 10:21 PM #40

Mace - 02 February 2011 10:03 PM

QCOM is hot now because of Quadroid phones, is also a good hedge against a certain event.  Any1 looking into this?  When would be the right time to buy? At what price?

It’s on my scope when it cracks over 56.88..  which also has to be aligned with two closes outside of the acceleration bands..  and a very overbought reading on the %R..

I’m waiting for tech lead again..  I expect this stock to move once that happens.

• Posted: 08 February 2011 06:41 PM #41

I have been researching / looking at QCOM for a while now, thinking / hoping that their chip would show up in the verizon iPhone.  Although I was not 100% complete with my research the news that the verizon iPhone contained a dual band qualm ship caused me to over react and buy soma Jan 12 $55 calls this morning.

If all goes right qualm could turn out to be the caboose on the train that is apple wink.

If all goes wrong….....  It was only an $8k investmement to date.

Speaking if which, where is blaze biscuit?

Posted: 08 February 2011 07:55 PM #42

bilter2000 - 08 February 2011 10:41 PM

I have been researching / looking at QCOM for a while now, thinking / hoping that their chip would show up in the verizon iPhone.  Although I was not 100% complete with my research the news that the verizon iPhone contained a dual band qualm ship caused me to over react and buy soma Jan 12 $55 calls this morning.

If all goes right qualm could turn out to be the caboose on the train that is apple wink.

If all goes wrong….....  It was only an $8k investmement to date.

Speaking if which, where is blaze biscuit?

a little qualcom love got my attention sir…..  lol

I am watching that stock right now too..  but I don’t have the stomach for the jan 12’s as you do..  although I think I certainly agree with the premise.  I’m looking at this stock right now myself.  my entry point is a close above 56.88, unless one of the other two technical indicators that I watch follow through first.  We just closed our first day out of the acceleration bands and I look for a following second close outside the bands as well…  If you can align a second close WITH a break-out of resistance (preferably an all-time high) WITH high volume AND a %R reading that is jacked up nice (the way that I set the indicator.. not the standard way)..  then I’m happier than a pig in doo-doo

We will have a break above resistance @ 56.88..  and if it closes higher tomorrow that will be the second consecutive close out of the accleration bands..  which equates to party-time over here.

I would prefer an all-time high..  but that will be a no-go tomorrow..

I’m currently riding LULU and RIO..  I picked them both up today..  Feb expirations..  I’m changing my long calls to spreads tomorrow.  Why I didn’t put them on as spreads to begin with is because I do dumb **** sometimes. 

I just hope they continue to Choo-Choo-Choo all the way to EXP..

sorry about my temporary absence.. I have been super busy.  I’m trying to learn this expand my feable technical knowledge so I can stop missing out on making all this money that so many other people make.

[ Edited: 08 February 2011 08:02 PM by blaze biscuits ]      

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:07 PM #43

mbeauch - 02 February 2011 05:54 AM

thanks again..  and how right you were..  its been rolling over like a pig in the mud..

ssssseeeeeeeeewwwwwww   WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

lol

ps - I think it just simply got love from ag purchasing.  but not enough juice and prospects in the stock itself to bust the all-time high.. 

I read parts of their annual report and they got 66% (or so) of their sales from north america (canada & us only) and the rest from outside..  they plan on making this a 50/50 split I think by 2015..  but i’m not sure on the date of this goal.

point is…  I think the fact of such a concentration here and canada is a source of resistance maybe.. 

You need to see sales from everywhere like the mighty CAT..

(in a butch, deep, ‘gym-teacher’ voice)  MEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW MOTHER ******!!!!!!!! 

lol.  thats how THAT cat purr’s..

• Posted: 08 February 2011 08:51 PM #44

mbeauch - 01 February 2011 06:01 PM

Blaze, I actually got involved with the stock because it pays a very nice dividend. The hold date is Feb 7 for the next dividend. It has just broken above where my target “was”. There are a few members I dropped a line to on this one 25% ago. Like I said, I am having sellers remorse for selling half my position Friday. :-(

Oil & gas, blaze, need I say more. LOL

Mbeauch I owned evep as well as mmp and sold way to soon. I had them in a 401k and was told that the divs were taxable even in a 401 so I baled. Tax accountant said not so,so I still am unclear. I believe mmp has done a little better than evep but they are both outstanding.

I also am looking at qcom and will hold off until it hits blaze’s 56.88. Owned a lot of shares on Dec 29, 1999 and it went up 156 in one day. My biggest day on a single stock ever.
    “Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end.” As usual I was wrong.
    :-(

Posted: 08 February 2011 09:27 PM #45

Platon, I would be hunting down the person who told you that you had to pay taxes now on dividends in your 401k. The drawback is that you will have to pay taxes on those dividends at the rate of your withdrawal. Since that rate now stands at 15%, chances are you will pay a higher tax rate. The plus is that you can reinvest those dividends tax free for a while.

Signature