“Other” stocks

Posted: 17 February 2011 01:34 PM #91

Blaze!  It’s very good to see you again, sir!  I have missed reading your posts in the Options Strategy thread. smile

Posted: 17 February 2011 05:03 PM #92

lovemyipad - 17 February 2011 05:34 PM

Blaze!  It’s very good to see you again, sir!  I have missed reading your posts in the Options Strategy thread. smile

lol..  why hello!

I purposedly have stayed out of there because I haven’t done anything with Apple Options recently.  I am still sitting on my 320/325 march spreads.  Of course I could of made much more with a different strategy, but.. oh well.

I have been throwing a lot of contracts down.. just on different stocks, QCOM as of late..

How have your adventures been going?

Posted: 17 February 2011 07:35 PM #93

blaze biscuits - 17 February 2011 09:03 PM

How have your adventures been going?

All’s well here.  Could always be better, but could also be much, much worse—I remind myself of this whenever I start thinking of opportunity costs and woulda/coulda/shoulda! wink  I’m very much enjoying bull call spreads on LEAPS…so much less stress than shorter-term for me.  I could just leave them alone, but I like tweaking them and siphoning off $.

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago, I think in this thread, the fact AMZN got slammed after last earning’s report.  I agreed wholeheartedly.  I have LEAP spreads, so when I saw the stock take a dive, I bought back the short legs, waited a few weeks, then sold them again at a higher price than the long legs!  So now I have those same spreads in place with not a penny invested in them!  Sweet! smile

• Posted: 18 February 2011 02:00 PM #94

My EOG holdings are paying off nicely today wink

QCOM is also to the upside….

F has been a poor performer for the week…..

Funny how I never worry about the fluctuations in the above 3 yet get all torqued up when apple has a bad day / week

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:32 PM #95

lovemyipad - 17 February 2011 11:35 PM

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago, I think in this thread, the fact AMZN got slammed after last earning’s report.  I agreed wholeheartedly.  I have LEAP spreads, so when I saw the stock take a dive, I bought back the short legs, waited a few weeks, then sold them again at a higher price than the long legs!  So now I have those same spreads in place with not a penny invested in them!  Sweet! smile

good job.  thats a fun thing to do..  I almost bought back the 325’s on my 320/325 spreads with apple.. but it was only $400 profit per spread/short call.  I had sold the short call for $2000 and I was going to cover it at around a $1000 or so..  It only got to about $1600, so I didn’t.

Had I done that.. those spreads would given me $5000 of profit for each spread.  lol..  instead of the 51% gain that I am getting w/o touching it.

Oh well..

EDIT - the amount that I would of had to throw down to get the $5000 would of been roughly 1600 or so..  so thats around a 300% gain to get to 5g

[ Edited: 23 February 2011 02:04 PM by blaze biscuits ]      

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:35 PM #96

bilter2000 - 18 February 2011 06:00 PM

Funny how I never worry about the fluctuations in the above 3 yet get all torqued up when apple has a bad day / week

maybe you have much higher expectations for apple to pay you…  those calls also cost much more..

that makes sense that you would have that reaction though.

and F has been a poor performer for sure.  Although I don’t expect it to pick back up for a while, and that’s ok.

• Posted: 21 February 2011 12:58 AM #97

bilter2000 - 18 February 2011 06:00 PM

I swapped most of my EOG for DVN when Devon sold all of the Gulf of Mexico assets last year.  Both are about 50/50 oil/gas.  Both sell for about 8 EV/EBitda.  As a side benefit, Devon is friendlier to Mac users.  My favorite E&P company remains OXY.

Posted: 21 February 2011 01:18 AM #98

macglenn - 16 February 2011 06:34 PM

Cheers to all us LQMT holders!

edit:  Looks like the new MacBookPros will have LQMT cases.  Link blacklisted.  cultofmac.com/report-lighter-cheaper-longer-lasting-liquidmetal-macbook-pros-incoming/82367

Just picked some up in my Roth last week. Unfortunately, I tried to time it, hoping for a bottom, then eventually had to buy it on the dip, after that bounce, ~$.69. Trying to time the bottom can be expensive. If you want a stock, just buy it.

I really do believe this will be a $20 stock someday.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 21 February 2011 02:53 AM #99

macglenn - 16 February 2011 06:34 PM

Cheers to all us LQMT holders!

edit:  Looks like the new MacBookPros will have LQMT cases.  Link blacklisted.  cultofmac.com/report-lighter-cheaper-longer-lasting-liquidmetal-macbook-pros-incoming/82367

What does “Link blacklisted.” mean?

Posted: 23 February 2011 01:26 PM #100

The mighty F-Bomb has been purchased!!

June 11 strikes @ 3.80 each / 90 delta = tasty

that was a recall on crap they used to make before the Mighty AM got into town..

Now I just remembered that I haven’t windex’d their windows yet this week..  Its out in the snow I go now..

Posted: 23 February 2011 01:37 PM #101

On a sidenote..  I just got my christmas present from my girlfriend the other day…  it was a plush sweet ass robe that has “The Trade” emboidered on it..  lol.

I told her that when I grow up and they hire me to be on Fast Money, that that is going to be my nick-name. 

I also told her that she has to refer to me as “the trade” whenever the markets are open..  and of course I told her we are talking Forex time, lol.

so..  Sunday she can call me Blaze.. but thats it.

In fact, I’m going to make my mom refer to me as such from now on too, although.. I don’t think she will go for that.  But I shall try…

• Posted: 24 February 2011 03:31 PM #102

Sold out of my EOG holdings this morning.  Locked in on a nice gain. 

I’ll buy back in on any dips

Posted: 24 February 2011 04:26 PM #103

bilter2000 - 24 February 2011 07:31 PM

I was thinking that Tan made a nice 10% call on EOG but I didn’t realize other members of AFB had picked up EOG as well.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 25 February 2011 02:57 AM #104

Eric Landstrom - 24 February 2011 08:26 PM
    bilter2000 - 24 February 2011 07:31 PM

I was thinking that Tan made a nice 10% call on EOG but I didn’t realize other members of AFB had picked up EOG as well.

I picked up too.  Just a small quantity so didn’t make much.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 25 February 2011 11:42 AM #105

EOG is officially on my scope now..  I missed that ride for sure..  I think Cramer had it on Mad Money last night..

on a side note:  did anyone watch Mad Money last night and hear that asshole say that “fraqing is harmless”..  in regards to the method for getting gas out of the ground with the hydrolic fracturing system they have.

Anyone ever seen that documentary about all the natural gas that has polluted so many water supplies from Pennsylvania to Colorado?  I forget the name of the film, but I will find out and post it.

People are able to light their WATER ON FIRE..  thats how much gas is coming through their faucets.  In fact you can probably do a google search (in fact I will right now).. hold on.. (play jeopardy music)

ok..  its called “GasLand”.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasland

Cramer HAS to know about those issues..  which makes him a pig, although I already knew he was a pig anyways.  Ever seen how he acts when he gets caught red-handed in the Jon Stewart interviews?  Caught lying and then lies to cover up his lies (via saying, “I can try to change”..  )  lol

anyways..  i’m sure i’m off topic

GO APPLE!!

edit:  i guess i WAS on topic..  seeing as how this is our ‘other stocks’ thread..  lol