Time for a Vegas week poll

Poll: Which week is best for you?
Total Votes: 15
April 30/May 1st wkend
May 7/8
May 14/15
May 21/22

Posted: 26 January 2011 06:15 PM

I am going on the assumption that everyone will want to wait until after April 15th. I just checked the flights and the rates are pretty good right now. It would be great if we can select the weekend and get the planning started. When you vote will you please make it known in a post. don’t want people who have no interest in going swaying the travel dates.

The more the better.  grin

Personally, I intend on arriving on a Wednesday (kicking the crap out of the Sponge on Thursday or Friday) and departing on a Sunday.  Last weekend in May is Memorial day, so I did not include.

If anyone wants to coordinate hotels we can do that later. We jjust need to get this party started.

I voted May 21/22 just because I did not put an any weekend is good for me place to vote.

[ Edited: 27 January 2011 11:32 AM by DawnTreader ]

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 26 January 2011 06:36 PM #1

If it’s April 30, I will try my darndest to make it.

• Posted: 27 January 2011 12:39 AM #2

At Mark’s request I’m making this a sticky topic for the overnight hours. Please indicate your preference by voting in the poll.

Posted: 27 January 2011 01:12 AM #3

Just found out that I can not go the May 21 weekend.  My wife informed me that I have to attend my son’s 8th grade banquet.  I will be in Vegas on the 23rd and 24th for a conf. no time for golf.

I am bugged and not sure what other option I have.

We could go in June as well.

Posted: 27 January 2011 01:18 AM #4

Mark, I have no preference really but going somewhere warm sooner sounds better to me. Not 100% sure at this point because of possible elbow surgery but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

• Posted: 27 January 2011 02:08 AM #5

I voted for May 21 but I’m open to any weekend. I’m in Southern California so it’s not a big deal.

Posted: 27 January 2011 07:32 AM #6

I threw down with 14/15 because that’s our anniversary and we were thinking about going out there anyway. Have been trying to convince our financial guy and his wife (flight attendant) to come along for some cards and golf. The ladies will probably go do something while the investors are hashing over money stuff.  7/8 is the Kentucky Derby and we’re having a big party, otherwise free. Thanks for keeping the momentum going.

[ Edited: 27 January 2011 07:35 AM by rezonate ]

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 27 January 2011 10:20 AM #7

I voted for 14/15, but can probably arrange my 2 to 3 week business trip to CA also around the previous or following weekend. If I can manage my business trip to be around the finally chosen date I will certainly come (all over from Germany)!
    Being one of the old timers (but only a very scarcely poster) I am really looking forward to meet as many s possible of you :-D

• Posted: 27 January 2011 10:27 AM #8

Okay, how did I mess this poll up? It says I have already voted, so I must have hit a button somewhere! (Such techno-newbieness should DQ me from the trip!)

Anyway, I am pretty flexible on dates, though I would prefer the later May weekend because we may be taking a FLA vacation in April.

Signature

"You are coming to a sad realization. Cancel or allow?"

• Posted: 27 January 2011 10:57 AM #9

Mark,

Schedule is getting a little crowded in May:  I will vote this weekend.  It will hopefully become the $400 party.

Thanks for being the Vegas cat herder.

Posted: 27 January 2011 03:11 PM #10

The only reason I voted 20/21 was because I was trying to accommodate the Sponge, now that he is out of the picture my preferred date is May 11-15.

Chas, you have no idea how happy it makes me to know you are going to try and come. I hope the elbow is good enough to play some golf.

Rezonate, congratulations on the anniversary. This sounds even more like a great weekend to have it so the AFB can toast you and your wife. I remember you have been through a lot with your wife and a toast is definitely in order. I look forward to joining you in some golf and cards.

Elmar, if you are going to come from Germany and the 14/15 weekend works best for you, then I hope the cats can work it out. LOL

Adam, are you OK with the 14/15 (hopefully you will arrive sooner than that.

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2011 12:07 AM #11

Thursday bump up. grin

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2011 12:11 AM #12

Mark

I can only play golf on Sat or Sunday.  Too busy with work to take off a Friday.

May 14 weekend would work for me.

Posted: 28 January 2011 12:29 AM #13

Mercel - 27 January 2011 02:57 PM

Mark,

Schedule is getting a little crowded in May:  I will vote this weekend.  It will hopefully become the $400 party.

Thanks for being the Vegas cat herder.

Yeah, those side trips to Thailand really fill up the schedule don’t they!  smile

Posted: 29 January 2011 07:37 PM #14

Saturday bump

Signature

• Posted: 30 January 2011 03:21 PM #15

Please remember to cast your vote.  grin