AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 04 February 2011 02:50 PM #181

Here?s an interesting piece of information. For all of the exclusive Droids and such that have been released over the years on Verizon?s network, the iPhone 4 has beaten them all.  But not just beaten them?here are some amazing qualifiers:

The 7 month old iPhone 4 that will be replaced in 5 months.
    It beat everything else in just two hours
    Those two hours were from 3am to 5 am.
    It was only available to current Verizon customers, not the world at large (AT&T customers)
    Verizon employees weren?t allowed to buy them
    That is pretty incredible.

Also, some WalMart Stores will have the iPhone 4 at launch as well, which is news to us.  Full press release below:

Apple Stores expecting huge rush at 7am on the 10th

• Posted: 04 February 2011 03:12 PM #182

I’m guessing that given Apple’s conservative nature the following may have happened:

1.  They allocated supply 60% - 40% to Apple’s benefit.
    2.  They limited the allocation to units in hand even though they are getting containers full every day.
    3.  They allocated them 50 - 50 between phone and on site sales.

If so, what Verizon sold represents about 15% of Stock they will have on hand next Thursday.  I would guess that 100,000 is a very generous estimate of what was sold over the phone yesterday by Verizon.

• Posted: 04 February 2011 03:13 PM #183

Thanks both. Wonder if we see a real AAPL breakout. rolleyes  Appears Shorts may have given up on AAPL and now are targeting NFLX (yet again post earnings) as it looks juicy on returns

Posted: 04 February 2011 03:16 PM #184

AAPL shares holding to gains and trying to go higher, however weighed by the choppy trading market. The stock should move higher from here as the $345 hurdle seems to be conquered.

Many analysts complaining of the extended market and how bears seem to have become bulls. There is a mist of complacency in the air, look at the VIX, however would not bet against the trend which is up. Remember, the trend is your friend and so on.

The Trannies outperforming today and the RUT enjoying meager gains, a constructive action to catch up with the negative divergence with the large cap indexes.

The protests in Egypt became a mostly peaceful demonstration at Tahrir Square. The pro-Mubarak protesters did not show up today, however the “crowd control” government policy still in place and journalist still being arrested and harassed. The country?s Vice President and former chief of secret police Mr. Omar Suleiman shed some light on the abuse saying “I actually blame certain friendly nations who have television channels, they are not friendly at all, who have intensified the youth against the nation and the state,” he said. “... They have filled in the minds of the youth with wrongdoings, with allegations, and this is unacceptable.”

USDX at 78.175 up 0.40%. Euro at $1.3581 down -0.35%. FXE at 135.37 down -0.32%.

DJI at 12,071.38 gaining 9.19 points up 0.08%. Expressing the choppiness of the market and struggling with break-even.

SPX at 1308.57 up 0.11%

RUT at 800.58 up 0.24%

VIX at 16.24 down -2.7%.

BKX at 53.93 down 0.33%. Financials underperforming the market. BAC at $14.22 down -1.45%, JPM at $44.37 down 2.40% (news on JPMorgan knowledge on Maddoff?), C at $4.79 down -0.52%. Fannie/Freddie prefs under the radar doing great with hedge funds buying. Good call Eric, a serious lottery ticket. Increased rumors of government good will towards them and bank put-baks (what is bad for banks is good for Fannie and Freddie).

AAPL at $345.97 up 0.73%. Volume at 8.2 million shares traded. Should be moving even higher from here. Still holding my trading position and buying some dips.

A choppy Friday trading session with volume on the lighter side. Expect continued choppiness.

Posted: 04 February 2011 03:39 PM #185

In spite of being missing from the Wall St. Journal list of “buying on weakness” more money is flowing into AAPL than is flowing out (Dow Jones Newswire):

Money Flow Table For Major U.S. Indexes And Stocks
    Last update: 2/4/2011 12:20:34 PM
    MONEY FLOW - UPTICK/DOWNTICK TRADING DOLLAR VOLUME Feb 04,2011 12:05 PM

ISSUE GAINERS           SYMBOL   EXCH   LAST PRICE   MONEY FLOW   RATIO
                                          (in millions)
    iShrs Russell 2000         IWM   ARCA     79.40     +51.4     1.43
    Alcon                 ACL   NYSE     164.00     +41.5     5.73
    MetroPCS Comm             PCS   NYSE     13.02     +34.5     10.18
    Apple                 AAPL   NASD     345.12     +31.4     1.05
    General Electric           GE     NYSE     20.44     +25.5     1.45
    Alliance Data Sys         ADS   NYSE     76.09     +25.3     4.48
    F5 Networks             FFIV   NASD     121.88     +24.4     1.18
    Disney                 DIS   NYSE     40.47     +23.2     2.10
    Microsoft               MSFT   NASD     27.70     +21.4     1.35
    ExxonMobil               XOM   NYSE     82.99     +20.7     1.27
    Chevron                 CVX   NYSE     96.98     +18.4     1.30
    Complete Prod Svcs         CPX   NYSE     25.00     +15.9     1.51
    WellPoint Inc             WLP   NYSE     65.03     +15.8     1.36
    Qualcomm               QCOM   NASD     54.90     +14.3     1.42
    iShrs Tr S&P 500           IVV   ARCA     131.09     +13.5     1.72
    SPDR S&P Retail           XRT   ARCA     47.90     +13.1     1.69
    Cisco Systems             CSCO   NASD     22.15     +12.6     1.19
    Total ADS               TOT   NYSE     59.08     +12.6     1.95
    Annaly Capital Mgmnt       NLY   NYSE     17.64     +11.3     1.48
    IBM                   IBM   NYSE     163.32     +10.7     1.20

• Posted: 04 February 2011 03:41 PM #186

Eric Landstrom - 04 February 2011 03:20 PM

I’ve finished the second of three legs of classes required in order to get a RE sales license in MN and I’ve come back to FNMA and FMCC continuing to backfill their delisting gaps down. Since I rolled out of AAPL into the GSEs a while back all I can say is that I love it when a plan comes together!

The jobs report is of limited value because only the mountain and upper midwest states know how to conduct business while it is snowing. Bah. I’ll ignore today’s January report and wait for Feb’s job report for confirmation of what is really going on.

Nationally, it is expected that 435,000 homes will be sold this year, up 10 to 15% over 2010. For 2010, around 51% of sales where first time home buyers and 45% of those loans were FHA loans. Rents are at 2007 levels again suggesting that there will be resumed pressure to buy homes.

Fannie and Freddie are expected to not be nationalized at this point but the government wants to unwind its position in both. From my perspective, if .gov allows the GSEs to cut the 10% divvy on the warrants, the GSEs can begin paying down their debt. Eventually, I expect the Fannie and Freddie to get broken up into smaller entities that effectively perform the same function as they do now but would be more manageable if the world goes pare-shapped again. However, given the lack of leadership displayed in 2008, .gov could do something unexpected and wipe us all out unaware as they do so they’re doing their level best to send us into another recession.

Tan will be happy to know that I sold a bit of FMCC this morning and rolled it into his fav divvy stock, CIM.

This concludes today’s Talking My Book?

Has anyone noticed Eric’s strong resemblance to the actor George Peppard?

Posted: 04 February 2011 03:51 PM #187

Hannibal - 04 February 2011 07:41 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 04 February 2011 03:20 PM

I’ve finished the second of three legs of classes required in order to get a RE sales license in MN and I’ve come back to FNMA and FMCC continuing to backfill their delisting gaps down. Since I rolled out of AAPL into the GSEs a while back all I can say is that I love it when a plan comes together!

The jobs report is of limited value because only the mountain and upper midwest states know how to conduct business while it is snowing. Bah. I’ll ignore today’s January report and wait for Feb’s job report for confirmation of what is really going on.

Nationally, it is expected that 435,000 homes will be sold this year, up 10 to 15% over 2010. For 2010, around 51% of sales where first time home buyers and 45% of those loans were FHA loans. Rents are at 2007 levels again suggesting that there will be resumed pressure to buy homes.

Fannie and Freddie are expected to not be nationalized at this point but the government wants to unwind its position in both. From my perspective, if .gov allows the GSEs to cut the 10% divvy on the warrants, the GSEs can begin paying down their debt. Eventually, I expect the Fannie and Freddie to get broken up into smaller entities that effectively perform the same function as they do now but would be more manageable if the world goes pare-shapped again. However, given the lack of leadership displayed in 2008, .gov could do something unexpected and wipe us all out unaware as they do so they’re doing their level best to send us into another recession.

Tan will be happy to know that I sold a bit of FMCC this morning and rolled it into his fav divvy stock, CIM.

This concludes today’s Talking My Book?

Has anyone noticed Eric’s strong resemblance to the actor George Peppard?

Yes, and it is a surprise. I always thought of him as being more like Mr. T.

Pitying us fools…

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 04 February 2011 04:06 PM #188

last hour of trading is upon us…  AAPL close at 346.55 grin

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:02 PM #189

Unique - 04 February 2011 07:51 PM

Luckily, I went all in yesterday to buy the dip at 339 and sold some now to rack in a relatively small profit since I bought commons. Will not buy short term options until smoke clears.

Sponge, I see another ATH on mid next week as well, and I just want to rub it in that you were wrong about this week :D

Good luck everyone

Wrong?  Please quote me, because I don’t recall stating categorically that we would hit ATH this week.

Mark,

You guys better consider less expensive courses. That Bali Hai course is too much for me.  My limit is about $125 in Vegas for golf.  If I cough up $250 for a round it will be at Pebble Beach when I can get a discount thru NCGA.

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:02 PM #190

bilter2000 - 04 February 2011 08:06 PM

last hour of trading is upon us…  AAPL close at 346.55 grin

More evidence that Wall Street copies the AFB.

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:06 PM #191

At least one analyst today reiterates BUY

Gleacher: Apple (AAPL) Set for Better CY11 Than Rivals Combined (MSFT, HPQ, IBM,
    ORCL, CSCO)

Gleacher Co. analyst Brian Marshall put out a bullish sentiment on Apple Inc.
    (NASDAQ: AAPL) Friday, stating that the company could add $28 billion to its
    base business in CY11.
    The total, according to Marshall, will amount to more than the combined
    additions of Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT), Oracle Corp. (NASDAQ: ORCL),
    Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), Cisco Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO),
    International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) and several other tech titans.
    We estimate the incremental revenue additions of AAPL in CY11 will approach $28
    billion which is greater than the collective incremental revenue additions of
    HPQ, MSFT, ORCL, CSCO, DELL and IBM combined (which he estimates being $27
    billion combined).
    Marshall sees this mountain of additional business for Apple as a result of
    $14.1 billion from the iPhone (including the addition of CDMA wireless
    carriers), $8.8 billion for iPad, $3.0 billion for MacBooks, $1 billion for
    iTunes among other smaller additions.
    Gleacher maintains a Buy rating on Apple with a $400 price target.
    News Provided by Acquire Media Corporation

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:15 PM #192

BrazilNuts - 04 February 2011 09:06 PM

Gleacher: Apple (AAPL) Set for Better CY11 Than Rivals Combined (MSFT, HPQ, IBM,
    ORCL, CSCO)

Gleacher Co. analyst Brian Marshall put out a bullish sentiment on Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) Friday, stating that the company could add $28 billion to its base business in CY11. The total, according to Marshall, will amount to more than the combined additions of Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp. Hewlett-Packard Co., Cisco Systems Inc., International Business Machines Corp. and several other tech titans.

With all this increase, they have a $400 rating?

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:28 PM #193

CdnPhoto - 04 February 2011 09:15 PM
    BrazilNuts - 04 February 2011 09:06 PM

ORCL, CSCO)

Gleacher Co. analyst Brian Marshall put out a bullish sentiment on Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) Friday, stating that the company could add $28 billion to its base business in CY11. The total, according to Marshall, will amount to more than the combined additions of Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp. Hewlett-Packard Co., Cisco Systems Inc., International Business Machines Corp. and several other tech titans.

With all this increase, they have a $400 rating?

Exactly my sentiments - that is stupendous growth with a lackluster price target - INGONGRUENCE

Signature

The only way to change the perception, is to change the reality.

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:34 PM #194

That price target will go up soon enough.  By April, maybe.  By another $25.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 February 2011 06:10 PM #195

omacvi - 04 February 2011 09:02 PM
    Unique - 04 February 2011 07:51 PM

Luckily, I went all in yesterday to buy the dip at 339 and sold some now to rack in a relatively small profit since I bought commons. Will not buy short term options until smoke clears.

Sponge, I see another ATH on mid next week as well, and I just want to rub it in that you were wrong about this week :D

Good luck everyone

Wrong?  Please quote me, because I don’t recall stating categorically that we would hit ATH this week.

Mark,

You guys better consider less expensive courses. That Bali Hai course is too much for me.  My limit is about $125 in Vegas for golf.  If I cough up $250 for a round it will be at Pebble Beach when I can get a discount thru NCGA.

Lara, it goes against my grain to pay full price for almost anything. (golf included) I have found a way to get 30% off tee times, they just have to be booked and paid for 45+ days in advance. Chas did not care for Royal Links so I am going to look into another course. Don’t worry Spongie, if I wanted to hurt your wallet I would say we should play the Wynn. :-D Oh, wait a minute, I do want to hurt your wallet, me though, not the golf course. LOL

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.