AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 01 February 2011 04:32 PM #61

Now now, keep it clean!

CNBC has a piece coming up in a few minutes on the VZ iPhone.

Mark, stay confused, me likee grin

Posted: 01 February 2011 04:49 PM #62

ChasMac77 - 01 February 2011 08:32 PM

Now now, keep it clean!

Is it this piece?

Posted: 01 February 2011 05:12 PM #63

CdnPhoto - 01 February 2011 08:49 PM

Now now, keep it clean!

Is it this piece?

No, interesting piece but that wasn’t it. It turned out to be more about QCOM and they tagged the VZ iPhone at the end which the QCOM guy wouldn’t say whether they had their chips in there or not even though he implied by smirk that they did.

• Posted: 01 February 2011 05:12 PM #64

CdnPhoto - 01 February 2011 08:49 PM

Now now, keep it clean!

Is it this piece?

CNBC offers nothing substantial, such as time waster. Not sure why so many people view it. AFB is much better.

Posted: 01 February 2011 05:22 PM #65

Steveafb - 01 February 2011 09:12 PM

CNBC offers nothing substantial, such as time waster. Not sure why so many people view it. AFB is much better.

I wouldn’t say that is always true. Sometimes CNBC has hedge fund and CEO legends on in the early-morning (or in my case, late night) shows. Where else would you hear a John Chanos or David Einhorn speak? The anchors are pretty dumb, and they have this idiotic obsession with following their script. Gold could drop $500 or oil could double, and they’d never deviate from their planned discussion of Llama farming to cover breaking news. My biggest criticism, other than uninformed, dopey anchors, is they try to make the news instead of following it.

Obviously CNBC can’t cover a single stock better than a message board dedicated to it.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 01 February 2011 07:44 PM #66

Well, with the strong internals today, the situation in Egypt now factored into market psychology to a large extent, excellent ISM numbers, the rollout of the VeriPhone for existing customers 36 hours away….and the market just wanting to buy and sell Apple for six hours between 344 and 346 today, I suspect we see a new all time high tomorrow or Thursday….

350 is such a nice round number. .... :wink:

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 01 February 2011 08:08 PM #67

Let’s say it pops (not melts up, but pops) on VeriPhone order numbers on the 3rd or 10th (or sometime in the next 2-3 weeks)—maybe we’ll get some upgrades from analysts, maybe not.

Is anyone else pondering a “sell the news” getting ready to “buy the dip” on the likely (inevitable?) pullback after the pop?

Of course the “Dow over 12000” adds a degree of uncertainty to direction and momentum of the overall market right now (along with Egypt, Mid-East, PIIGS, unemployment, ...)—welcome to reality :bugeyed:

Posted: 01 February 2011 08:15 PM #68

Chas, just looked at the radar. He He He He He He He. Hope you got a few St. Bernards around.  LOL  Man what a snow storm.

It might be May before we hear from Chas. That is a lot of snow.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 01 February 2011 08:30 PM #69

snoozzzer - 02 February 2011 12:08 AM

Let’s say it pops (not melts up, but pops) on VeriPhone order numbers on the 3rd or 10th (or sometime in the next 2-3 weeks)—maybe we’ll get some upgrades from analysts, maybe not.

Is anyone else pondering a “sell the news” getting ready to “buy the dip” on the likely (inevitable?) pullback after the pop?

Of course the “Dow over 12000” adds a degree of uncertainty to direction and momentum of the overall market right now (along with Egypt, Mid-East, PIIGS, unemployment, ...)—welcome to reality :bugeyed:

The VZ iPhone is old news. But given we’re in a bull market right now, we may not get the sell-off which I’ve worried about. What worries me more is the normal February swoon. I would love to get back in by end of month, but AAPL could very well go up this time. But I’m trying to remain disciplined, watch the price action, and hope for a great entry point. The bounce on Monday was at 334, so doubtful we will see a print less then that this month.

In other words, I have no idea what’s going to happen this month. Apple’s profit and cash machine are so strong right now, perhaps people are capitulating and buying AAPL without waiting for a better price?

Posted: 01 February 2011 08:33 PM #70

mbeauch - 02 February 2011 12:15 AM

Chas, just looked at the radar. He He He He He He He. Hope you got a few St. Bernards around.  LOL  Man what a snow storm.

It might be May before we hear from Chas. That is a lot of snow.

Well, luckily I’m South enough to miss the worst of it. My family though up in Chi-town is going to get creamed. I remember the Blizzard of ‘67 and jumping off the 2nd story roof into the snow with my brothers. They say this one will be worse. Very icy down here, hopefully not too many people will lose power. Glad you think it’s sooooo funny grin

Posted: 01 February 2011 09:21 PM #71

What has been Apple’s history in regards to releasing pre-sales figures for the Iphone (I had no AAPL position then) - could those upcoming VZ news releases be the last pop (or sell the news) for Feb?

[ Edited: 01 February 2011 09:58 PM by Pianoforte' ]      

Posted: 01 February 2011 09:42 PM #72

It’s all relative - I’m not so sure that we’ll see a drop in Feb for AAPL - keep in mind that we have shaved 3 points off the PE post earnings. I think Apple/VZ will make an announcement on Feb 14th (after the first weekend of sales) as to how many phones were sold in the first weekend, which could get everyone scrambling to up their projections. Just one of the possibilities that could keep the stock afloat amidst the already reduced PE.

Posted: 01 February 2011 10:19 PM #73

Looks like white iPhones are popping up on a lot of sites’ inventories.

See: http://appleheadlines.com/category/headline/

Woz confirms.

Best Buy says in stock on 2/27:

[ Edited: 01 February 2011 10:22 PM by JDSoCal ]

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 01 February 2011 10:34 PM #74

Rimm Analyst: Blackberry’s Playbook Is “Dead on Arrival”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41372002

• Posted: 01 February 2011 10:38 PM #75

JDSoCal - 02 February 2011 02:19 AM

Looks like white iPhones are popping up on a lot of sites’ inventories.

See: http://appleheadlines.com/category/headline/

Woz confirms.

Best Buy says in stock on 2/27:

What does Woz know? Remember when he thought apple acquired the voice recognition company Nuance. He does not know s***. He just guessing.