INTC chipset flaw

• Posted: 31 January 2011 11:54 AM

Please talk about the flaw in Intel chipsets. Used by Aapl?

Signature

Hocus pokus, hope it don’t poke us in the eye.

Posted: 31 January 2011 03:55 PM #1

Douglas Stanton - 31 January 2011 03:54 PM

Please talk about the flaw in Intel chipsets. Used by Aapl?

I think it’s probably going to cost Apple some money. There are somewhat persistent rumours on the web that the MacBook Pro laptop channel is drying up and as well MBP’s are beyond their average renew cycle. So its likely that the next revisions are already at production level.

It’s likely Apple has throttled down current production to dry up channels as it transitions to the next MBP revision with the expectation that the CPU would be SandyBridge ready to roll. If all that is true then Apple’s planned renew cycle will be off and Apple will lose sales due to extended channel shortages. It’s also possible that Intel have messed up Apple’s production sequence with some new MBP bodies and parts partly assembled and waiting for their motherboards or alternatively stranded on loading docks in China and South Korea. I wonder if Intel pays penalties to its “partners” when this happens?

[ Edited: 31 January 2011 03:57 PM by relentlessFocus ]

Signature

news, backstory, analysis and opinion for investors in AAPL at my blog relentless focus

Posted: 31 January 2011 04:03 PM #2

Not according to Anand’s write up. (last paragraph)

Signature

news, backstory, analysis and opinion for investors in AAPL at my blog relentless focus

Posted: 01 February 2011 01:18 AM #3

Unfortunately, this delay (by Intel) may impact mac sales this quarter due to the delay in the imac/mbp updates. With the expected delay in ipad2 I’m thinking this may be a “relatively” soft quarter. The one BIG plus will be iphone sales which might edge close to 20m if there are no product/network snags.

This Intel news will impact my pre Feb 15 target call #‘s…....................  TBD.

cheers to the longs
          JohnG