Apple Retail Stores: Macintosh Sales Centers And More

Posted: 19 June 2011 11:59 AM #151

Sydney Australia metro area must really be Maccy.

IFO AppleStore

Confirming the need for a larger Apple retail presence in the Sydney (Australia) region, the company will open a new store at the Westfield Hornsby shopping mall about 17 miles northwest of Sydney. The region already has four stores, and two more are planned, one in city-center Sydney and the other in the far-west suburb of Penrith. The Westfield Hornsby mall covers 1 million square feet and has 305 retailers, a cinema and restaurant row. The exact location of the store within the mall isn?t known. Job listings just posted indicate an early 2012 grand opening.

Posted: 20 June 2011 08:57 AM #152

IFO AppleStore

Hawaii’s retail store Ala Moana will be remodeled.  There will be a temporary store location 4 stores down. 

Meanwhile in Miami, local officials objected to Apple’s plan for a remodel and expansion where there would be a large side wall like this one in Chicago. 

The side wall reminds me of my local prison.  Heck, the prison sidewalk surroundings look better than the Chicago Wall.

• Posted: 20 June 2011 09:42 AM #153

Treehouse - 20 June 2011 11:57 AM

IFO AppleStore

Hawaii’s retail store Ala Moana will be remodeled.  There will be a temporary store location 4 stores down. 

Meanwhile in Miami, local officials objected to Apple’s plan for a remodel and expansion where there would be a large side wall like this one in Chicago. 

The side wall reminds me of my local prison.  Heck, the prison sidewalk surroundings look better than the Chicago Wall.

The focal point is the glass but since when do local city officials have a clue about architectural design?  Miami gets offered a store like this and they push back?  Apple should stuff the store in a mall and be done with it.  Or, just paint the wall pink like everything else there.

Posted: 01 July 2011 09:49 PM #154

So you know that Apple Store in the Hong Kong IFC building we are all excited about? We have word that the employee training will be commencing in 3 weeks in Shanghai. 300+ employees and mentors from around the world will be there to make sure this flagship store launch is successful and full of energy. The first week of the training will be something called ?Market Core?. What is that? Read on!

http://micgadget.com/13424/hong-kong-apple-store-to-begin-employee-training/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

• Posted: 02 July 2011 12:14 AM #155

afterglow - 02 July 2011 12:49 AM

So you know that Apple Store in the Hong Kong IFC building we are all excited about? We have word that the employee training will be commencing in 3 weeks in Shanghai. 300+ employees and mentors from around the world will be there to make sure this flagship store launch is successful and full of energy. The first week of the training will be something called ?Market Core?. What is that? Read on!

http://micgadget.com/13424/hong-kong-apple-store-to-begin-employee-training/

I love business practices like this.

• Posted: 14 July 2011 04:23 PM #156

Great experience at the Bay Street Apple Store. We were in Hawaii on vacation and my 13 year old son forgot his iPhone 4 was in his pocket and went into the ocean. Apple replaced the phone for free.

Posted: 17 July 2011 09:07 PM #157

However this is not the end of the tale, for there are far more challenges. Apple has 4x the amount of people walking in it?s doors in China than anywhere else in the world on any given day its 40,000 people in and out the door. Some have likened it to ?organized chaos? but Apple is the first major brand to capitalize in a retail environment in China where many other companies have failed.

http://micgadget.com/13778/apple-plans-to-open-retail-stores-in-southern-china/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

• Posted: 12 July 2012 11:26 PM #158

Heads up, I’m reviving a year old thread.

So, I went to my local Apple store today. And it was boarded up! I was horrified. Well, they had a guardian at the door and after I did the secret handshake and used the secret Apple password, he told me that the store was expanding. But meanwhile, they had picked the whole store up and moved it to a vacant slot at the mall.

So I went there and did my shopping and then I went back to the guardian of the the door and pumped him for information. By good fortune, another off duty Apple guy walked by and we talked for about a half an hour.

They suggested that the store was going to double in size. It had just doubled in size a year ago. They expected to be the number 5 store in the U.S. This is the store located at the Christiana Mall in Delaware. They said they were going to have 20 tables, which is huge.

Wow. It was amazing. They were doing work inside as I was standing there and this was at 9 pm on a Thursday night.

I’m sure there’s more that I’ve forgotten, but after my magical journey and my quest, and my sojourn to the oracles of Apple, I am exhausted. I may tell more tomorrow unless the Apple fairy’s find me and sprinkle me with amnesia dust so that I do not expose any more of their secrets.