AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 14 February 2011 11:34 AM #16

Eric Landstrom - 14 February 2011 03:24 PM

Brace yourselves. Obama is going to talk to us about the proposed budget from a preschool classroom and tell us that his proposal will cut $1.1T of spending over the next ten years. Translated this means that the proposal merely outspends our national income by slightly more than $10T.

Sigh.

Did you sell your position in Apple in anticipation of this event?

Posted: 14 February 2011 11:45 AM #17

Good Morning Boys and Girls

Well our favorite stock is beating the market and that is always a good thing.  I think investors were anticipated some sort of an announcement regarding Verizon iPhone sales and bought up in anticipation.  However after thinking about it, I am not sure Apple wants Verizon to announce numbers out of respect for ATT.  I do agree that we may have not reached 1 million, but Verizon and Apple will surprise us with the real numbers come April.

Now we just had a mini drop so that tells me that we could be ripe for some profit taking by end of the day.

Not sure we will hit 365 by end of the week.  We may be in for a long 2 months of trading close to 360.

Good Luck to all.

Posted: 14 February 2011 11:49 AM #18

firestorm - 14 February 2011 03:34 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 14 February 2011 03:24 PM

Brace yourselves. Obama is going to talk to us about the proposed budget from a preschool classroom and tell us that his proposal will cut $1.1T of spending over the next ten years. Translated this means that the proposal merely outspends our national income by slightly more than $10T.

Sigh.

Did you sell your position in Apple in anticipation of this event?

I sold AAPL back in the three-twenties, rolled into into Fannie and Freddie, doubled my money and dumped, talked to my accountant who explained to me the monster tax horizon I’m sitting on, got a real estate license to pursue tax shelters.

It’s been a busy month. You?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 14 February 2011 12:00 PM #19

BrazilNuts - 14 February 2011 03:18 PM

If someone subscribing to the thread received my earlier post with reviews and outlook for today, kindly repost it. Do not have a backup and took a while to prepare it.

Just have this - but probably not what you are looking for . . .

Have some messages and replies pending from Friday?s intraday.

Mav, had to sell 1 AAPL share for the sushi and sake and keep most of the proceeds to survive the week. The ongoing picketing for better pay and better benefits still not working. Hope you have a restful end of weekend and make up your mind on chasing or not strength. Believe the story on the new apple telephony device, code named unicorn, could help move (up) the stock.

Fast typing, Mav, not just typing as did my typing course with Typing Tutor on DOS on a PC XT machine. You should try it.

Welcome SuperApple and thank you for your kind first post, honored. Please keep sending your snags and comments in.

JDSoCal, thank you for commenting again on my posts. smile

bbbo, thank you for the good wishes. Hope AAPL continues recovering this week and both of us make something of it.

artman, we miss you.

Eric, how are you? Too busy plowing snow or now is only RE?

For whoever decided picking on me, just learned how to use the Ignore button; it is ?ON? for redge.  Personal attacks are not welcome.

i think i may have something on my laptop at home . . . will check later.

Posted: 14 February 2011 12:12 PM #20

Thank you irish guy, however the post was around 9:30 this morning February 14. Looks like the website is having some technical problems.

• Posted: 14 February 2011 12:19 PM #21

talked to my accountant who explained to me the monster tax horizon I’m sitting on, got a real estate license to pursue tax shelters.

Eric

Could you advise on what these “tax shelters” are as I might be interested to pursue those as of next year for gains this year. Thanks

Posted: 14 February 2011 12:27 PM #22

If Willrob posted pivots today does anyone have them?  thnx

• Posted: 14 February 2011 12:29 PM #23

Not sure we will hit 365 by end of the week.  We may be in for a long 2 months of trading close to 360.

Good Luck to all.

Sponge - I agree, today’s action feels like distribution with no real institutional buying. No press release from VZ is a bit disappointing. Wow not even a 1 MM yet ?

360 could be the top for now with channel trading around 340-360 before the next significant B/O (around early - mid April ipad 2)What do others here think

• Posted: 14 February 2011 12:42 PM #24

zulu - 14 February 2011 04:27 PM

If Willrob posted pivots today does anyone have them?  thnx

Monday

R4       368.84
      midpoint   366.71
    R3       364.58
      midpoint   362.45
    R2       360.32
      midpoint   359.46
    R1       358.59
      midpoint   357.33
    PP       356.06
      midpoint   355.20
    S1       354.33
      midpoint   353.07
    S2       351.80
      midpoint   349.67
    S3       347.54
      midpoint   345.41
    S4       343.28

Posted: 14 February 2011 01:00 PM #25

thnx Willrob, have a great week and make some money.  Speaking of money, I finally (after reading this in depth study) figured out what happened in Egypt and why!

Posted: 14 February 2011 01:05 PM #26

My first post today, with some research and analysis evaporated, will try to post again some of the thoughts with the new posts.

A small dip after the budget announcement Mr. Obama sent to Congress, is being relentlessly bought by dip buyers. Volatility is increasing, and caution is warranted. Please tighten stops and hedge positions.

AAPL is showing good momentum and upside move on rumors published on the WSJ on a new mobile telephony product less-expensive/less-costly than the present iPhone together with a revamp of MobileMe services.

Markets are back to focusing on fundamentals as anxiety on geopolitical issues in the Middle East/North Africa are dissipating. Still minor protests for more freedom and unemployment in Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen and Iran, all facing security forces. In Italy protests against Mr. Berlusconi?s indiscretions.

The current rally, which started on December 1, 2010, is more than two months old. Since the March 2009 bottom, there were two rallies that lasted longer than two months. The first was from early February to late April, lasting two months and half, and the other from late August to early November in 2010, with the same life span. The February rally kept trending up on low volume until a correction set in. Many analysts and pundits are calling for a pullback (deep one) that did not materialize until now.

All major indexes are in sync at new highs and the market is pointing higher with a few bullish sideways movements for a breather. The trend is higher and is your friend, until it changes.

USDX at 78.79 up 0.29%. Euro at 1.3472 down -0.46%. FXE at $134.17 down -0.59%. The Euro still slipping. Always wary of PIIGS + Belgium simmering sovereign debt issues.

DJI at 12,252.00 losing -20.62 points down -0.49%

SPX at 1329.62 flatly up 0.04%

COMPX at 2815.42 up 0.21%

VIX at 16.02 up 2.10%.

AAPL at $359.02 up 0.61. Volume at 5.5 million shares traded. Nicely up and holding to gains with DJI under down pressure. Holding to trading position and getting even.

Thanks Rocco for the nice message. Still holding on the picket line for more pay and better treatment. Technical bugs, trolls and haters will not keep us down; guaranteed.

Posted: 14 February 2011 01:13 PM #27

thealct - 14 February 2011 04:19 PM

talked to my accountant who explained to me the monster tax horizon I’m sitting on, got a real estate license to pursue tax shelters.

Eric

Could you advise on what these “tax shelters” are as I might be interested to pursue those as of next year for gains this year. Thanks

As much as I’d love to advise you, I’m not a tax attorney, and until I have a RE broker license (which requires three years of experience in MN) I wouldn’t be able to open up what I’m up to other investors. That said, if you’re interested finding out what I’m up to in a non-legal, non-binding, sketchy, not-authritative way, check out this thread:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/forums/viewthread/80067/P30/

Mind you: I’m still blundering my way through the whole process and until I actually begin to do it, all I’ve got is theory, not experience.  :innocent:

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 14 February 2011 02:33 PM #28

Eric Landstrom - 14 February 2011 03:49 PM

I sold AAPL back in the three-twenties, rolled into into Fannie and Freddie, doubled my money and dumped

My, you have had a busy 6 weeks! Who needs to make a mere 10% on AAPL in that time frame when you can make 100% with Fannie and Freddie?

Eric, will you be my advisor, please?

Posted: 14 February 2011 02:43 PM #29

deasys - 14 February 2011 06:33 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 14 February 2011 03:49 PM

I sold AAPL back in the three-twenties, rolled into into Fannie and Freddie, doubled my money and dumped

My, you have had a busy 6 weeks! Who needs to make a mere 10% on AAPL in that time frame when you can make 100% with Fannie and Freddie?

Eric, will you be my advisor, please?

I cannot. No Series 7 or 66 and no degree means that I cannot even get hired at a little brokerage. As my next door neighbor jokingly told me, “You couldn’t even get hired as the receptionist at my business without a degree.” All very sad, really.

On the table is a friend of mine who is under contract to buy an Ameritrade franchise in a few years. She has agreed to sponsor me so I can get my Series 7 and Series 66 when she takes possession of the franchise.

That said if financial planner walked up to you and told you to sell all of your AAPL and buy FMCC and FNMA, be afraid.

Signature

Posted: 14 February 2011 02:51 PM #30

It seems to me that the markets are waiting for a signal.  http://biz.yahoo.com/c/terms/rtlsls.html

Tomorrow:  Retail Sales report (The changes in retail sales are widely followed as the most timely indicator of broad consumer spending patterns. Retail sales are often viewed ex-autos, as auto sales can move sharply from month-to-month. It is also important to keep an eye on the gas and food components, where changes in sales are often a result of price changes rather than shifting consumer demand.

Retail sales can be quite volatile and the advance reports are subject to rather large revisions. Retail sales do not include spending on services, which makes up over half of total consumption. Total personal consumption is not available until the personal income and consumption reports are released, typically two weeks after retail sales.)

Also of interest this week:  wholesale prices, consumer price index and housing starts.