AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 18 February 2011 02:34 PM #376

Looks like we’re getting pinned to 350 today, not 355. This really sucks.

Posted: 18 February 2011 02:43 PM #377

The stock I sold at 363 was reinvested today in some May 350’s and Jan12 360’s.  I think all in all it will turn out to be a good move, and if we linger in the 340’s for any period of time, I have more dry powder waiting.

Posted: 18 February 2011 02:49 PM #378

ChasMac77 - 18 February 2011 05:27 PM
    nogekko - 18 February 2011 05:20 PM

CDN Photo:

Did you put that comparison together or was it posted elsewhere?

It is interesting that we may find that the Enquier is the one actually showing the truth. I would not be amazed if the official picture was “doctored” up by the WH.

All that said, might be a buying opportunity if the official picture IS legit. SJ looks ok from the back… smile

As a VERY experienced Photoshop guy, I can guarantee you that the WH photo isn’t doctored. Not a pixel out of place.

Thanks for your expertise!

Posted: 18 February 2011 02:56 PM #379

I see a number of issues that can spook investors: expiring options, SJ’s health issues, antitrust worries, and sentiment regarding Apple’s subscription policy for the iPad. I’m not sure it’s any one thing now.

Posted: 18 February 2011 02:59 PM #380

joel90069 - 18 February 2011 06:33 PM

I don’t think Steve looks any worse, or any better in the Obama dinner pic. Notice that both he and Zuckerberg seem to be toasting with water (or maybe it’s vodka).

That is actually iVodka.  smile

[ Edited: 18 February 2011 03:03 PM by madmaxroi ]      
  • Posted: 18 February 2011 03:17 PM #381

Prazan - 18 February 2011 06:56 PM

I see a number of issues that can spook investors: expiring options, SJ’s health issues, antitrust worries, and sentiment regarding Apple’s subscription policy for the iPad. I’m not sure it’s any one thing now.

That’s right, and they’ll probably use it too if there’s even a remote chance to push AAPL to its 50 MA (and uptrend support level) around 337,60 somewhere next week.

Of course things could look worse than they seem and we could have a bounce of 350 after OE

Dilemma:  buy at 350 and risk a 338 dip…

[ Edited: 18 February 2011 03:25 PM by Lion ]      

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:25 PM #382

We are now hearing the selloff is because there will not be an iPhone nano.  I think this is overdoing it but if the selling continues next week I think it will be slower

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:28 PM #383

dc930 - 18 February 2011 06:43 PM

The stock I sold at 363 was reinvested today in some May 350’s and Jan12 360’s.  I think all in all it will turn out to be a good move, and if we linger in the 340’s for any period of time, I have more dry powder waiting.

Nice call nailing the top.

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:34 PM #384

zulu - 18 February 2011 07:25 PM

We are now hearing the selloff is because there will not be an iPhone nano.  I think this is overdoing it but if the selling continues next week I think it will be slower

If one believes that, then this is indeed a buying opportunity. (There is also pinning going on by hedgies.)

In the event of a drop to 335, my guess is that this will be very temporary, but could be longer in the event of a market sell-off (i.e., correction).  However, AAPL doesn’t always correlate with the general market, and should begin its run into earnings starting in early March, with the only complicating factor being a correction like we had last May.

• Posted: 18 February 2011 03:44 PM #385

yep, I was just thinking that. If true, no nanophone will be the biggest of them all, especially since we will not know until a few months (if no leaks).

I have a feeling shorts smell blood and keep their positions over the weekend counting on some sort of market correction next week.

if things really get bad shorts may try for a ride down all the way to uptrend support that (according to my Dutch TA firm) lies at 324,60

However, there’s always iPad 2 or ‘leaks’  that could change things in any unexpected moment…

Call me chicken, but I’m all out for now

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:45 PM #386

rutgersguy92 - 18 February 2011 07:28 PM
    dc930 - 18 February 2011 06:43 PM

Nice call nailing the top.

Thanks, my strategy is normally to let everything ride and buy larger dips and trends.  I don’t normally do much buying and selling.  I was 100% invested and had to sell some to cover tax obligations and make an IRA contribution, so it was partly dumb luck that I happened to pick the top.  Not complaining though!

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:48 PM #387

That has not been widely reported. It’s the antitrust thing. More FUD from people who don’t understand the facts or the law.

Terrible trading day.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:58 PM #388

System down, posting from iPhone

Hearthbreaking, but we have seen this before. The AAPL day chart looks terrible. However would not make any harsh decisions at this point.

Was expecting volatility today, not an attack like we experienced a year or so ago. Did not set stops due to this and will carry on trade to next week.

Indexes are holding well considering AAPL weighing on them. DJI making fresh highs. The trend still up.

Will get back as soon as resolve tech issues and through meetings.

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:03 PM #389

Indeed my hearth hath broken today.  No bread for me today!

Bad trading day doesn’t necessarily mean capitulation.  At all.  Even with trades, there’s a bigger picture, unless of course you only do weeklies.  The next two months look as good as they ever did.  Not taking my eyes off the ball.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 18 February 2011 04:06 PM #390

I was grocery shopping this morning and was able to check out the National Enquirer issue while in the check out line. The photos we’ve seen on line are not all they have. There is a very clear front view of Steve Jobs which is unmistakable. Whether his head was Photoshoped on another body is hard to say. The image is the full view of the close up we’ve seen, where they have a circle highlighting the lack of a wedding ring on his hand?an indication, they claim, that he had to leave it at home because his fingers are too thin to keep it on.

That said, the hair in the photo is much whiter than Steve’s as seen in the White House photo. And the figure is wearing the old man sweater I doubt Steve would wear. I’m leaning toward a Photoshoped image, and expect this story to lose traction once OE expires, and especially when someone reliable sees and/or photographs him.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this issue also featured photos of the Today’s Show former host Brian Gumbal cavorting with a naked woman, and the current co-host Matt Lauer sitting between the legs of a pole dancer. More examples of Photoshopping, I’m sure.

[ Edited: 18 February 2011 04:24 PM by willrob ]